1463 users online (273 members and 1190 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    KY is a walking billboard for antisocial personality disorder IMO.

This is interesting that 2 people that murdered so young (speaking of KY and Ryan Alexander Duke in the Grinstead case)

Yet b/c of their age no one thought or at least could comprehend at the time that they were capable of such evils. Both finally are being held accountable (hopefully) a decade more or less later. Glad to see movement in these cases lately.

Here to help. Here to love. Here to encourage.

The "Disappeard" episode on Kara is heartbreaking, probably posted on Youtube. Worth watching, just so sad.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    The "Disappeard" episode on Kara is heartbreaking, probably posted on Youtube. Worth watching, just so sad.
    I'm going to have to watch it again. It's been probably a year and a half to two years since I've watched.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyChains View Post
    KY is a walking billboard for antisocial personality disorder IMO. This is interesting that 2 people that murdered so young (speaking of KY and Ryan Alexander Duke in the Grinstead case) Yet b/c of their age no one thought or at least could comprehend at the time that they were capable of such evils. Both finally are being held accountable (hopefully) a decade more or less later. Glad to see movement in these cases lately.
    Yes, I believe he is too and that he also has a very bad case of reactive attachment disorder. I believe if anyone wants a good look at what a sociopath or someone with possible antisocial personality looks like, they need to go look at the video of him being transported to Jackson County and his interactions with the journalist that was on site. Or the video of him when he was younger, speaking to a reporter about Kara and stating something about the marks on his arms and a suicide attempt. Anything to bring that focus back on himself and gain sympathy. Or with the video of him being transported to Jackson County, he walks out of the jail and seems somber at first until he sees the media there for him and his face kind of lights up.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    If not, I know it's on Amazon but you have to pay to view it. I'm sure it could be found for free somewhere though.

Kara's mom has mentioned that Kara wore a bracelet and necklace that has never been recovered. Perhaps there was jewelry with one set of the remains that points to Kara?

Attaching an article that mentions this:
    http://www.kctv5.com/story/35067134/...g3cPAk.twitter

The bravery of these moms is astounding.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/families...ural-missouri/

The mother of Kara Kopetsky, Rhonda Beckford, told The Associated Press Tuesday that her family and the family of Jessica Runions were notified about the remains and asked to meet with investigators at the Belton police department. But she said investigators told the families the remains would not be positively identified Tuesday.

Here is an article and videos
    of both mothers from the Kansas City Star.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...142587629.html

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NewMama View Post
    Kara's mom has mentioned that Kara wore a bracelet and necklace that has never been recovered. Perhaps there was jewelry with one set of the remains that points to Kara?

Attaching an article that mentions this:
    http://www.kctv5.com/story/35067134/...g3cPAk.twitter
    i hope so. it would be wonderful for her to get those items back one day.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    The first articles stated that Karas family had been informed that a skull found was likely Karas (paraphrasing)

I posted a tweet with a short video It's in both threads (sorry gone 3am here and I'm on my phone)

Karas and Jessica's Mom were being interviewed when the detective called, if you listen closely he says no confirmation but his gut says it's Kara.

There is also another tweet with another short video with both Moms at the police station where Karas Mom says that they have no confirmation and no ID.

HTH

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Quote Originally Posted by Scout87 View Post
    I do too and was surprised at first, but they are going to sensationalize it simply because of the notoriety of KY and because Kara has been missing for ten years come May. There's a couple news sources here in KC that tend to have a bad habit of jumping on little snippets of info, sensationalizing their reporting methods, and then having to backtrack because the actual facts just weren't there. The media has also been put on what I'll call a gag order due to Jessica's case being sealed, so they're going to jump to report anything about it that they legally can because people are interested. Some of the reporting I saw today was done in good form, but I've read several articles that jump to conclusions and report almost in a way that confirms all of our suspicions without word from LE. Much of it just comes across as tacky reporting. Now, I've jumped to conclusions here as well. But I'm also not a journalist trusted to deliver the news in an accurate manner, though I do try to be as accurate as possible and not look like a fool which all those reporters will after all the sensationalism if this turns out not be Jess or Kara. As far as I can tell, LE are trying to give the media snippets to keep them at bay until they can wrap up what they're doing in Peculiar.
    Thanks and I agree! I think our media is so hungry for news that they jump on something so quick like you said and run with it quicker than they can actually verify anything. I have caught one station on twitter and called them out on it before.

I just hate to see this being reported as fact when it may turn into something else.

JMO and MOO

I would be really surprised if they did. He was in jail for a good part of this time, outside of that there was a good time period with the child's mother he choked. She was incredibly lucky she wasn't a victim. I don't think he is an organized intelligent killer I think it's all high emotion, unorganized, reactive murders. I think had he been left free that he would continue to devolve and there would be additional victims but I really think this animal has no control over his behaviors and he would be quickly linked to any of his victims.

First time poster and have been following the Liberty & Abby thread diligently, but had to pop up in this one to post a link to this article. I don't know how to post up pics, but there is a pic in this article that is of Kansas City Missouri Incident report that was filed with the locals and notified to the FBI agent on this case. It is a statement from a witness (named blacked out) about one TY and his travels on the day Miss Kopetsky disappeared. Witness states that he saw TY travelling in TY's pickup truck southbound on Road Y and that they continued south past the intersection with Route YY. According to the awesome map above ... travelling south on Y past YY will take you on a path that directly lines up with where the remains have been found. Witness also says it would be extremely unusual for KY to be in that area ... ergo his reporting of it.

http://www.kmbc.com/article/police-c...-found/9229881
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vern; 04-04-2017 at 10:57 PM. Reason: typo & add pic

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels53 View Post
    Thanks and I agree! I think our media is so hungry for news that they jump on something so quick like you said and run with it quicker than they can actually verify anything. I have caught one station on twitter and called them out on it before. I just hate to see this being reported as fact when it may turn into something else. JMO and MOO
    They definitely are hungry. Good on you for calling them out before! You would think that after all the misreporting with Toni Anderson's case recently, they wouldn't be so quick to jump the gun on this one since it has so many followers and so much emotion attached. I mean, for the love...it's not even been a full 48 hours yet and law enforcement aren't even sure. All they seem to be running with is the proximity of the remains to Belton and a LE officer saying he has a gut feeling this is Kara. Well, stop the presses, let's report some info that may not even be true. Way to go KC media. Once again, way to go. Ok, sorry, rant over

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    First time poster and have been following the Liberty & Abby thread diligently, but had to pop up in this one to post a link to this article. I don't know how to post up pics, but there is a pic in this article that is of Kansas City Missouri Incident report that was filed with the locals and notified to the FBI agent on this case. It is a statement from a witness (named blacked out) about one TY and his travels on the day Miss Kopetsky disappeared. Witness states that he saw TY and his father travelling in TY's pickup truck southbound on Road Y and that they continued south past the intersection with Route YY. According to the awesome map above ... travelling south on Y past YY will take you on a path that directly lines up with where the remains have been found. Witness also says it would be extremely unusual for KY to be in that area ... ergo his reporting of it. http://www.kmbc.com/article/police-c...-found/9229881
    Welcome! Thanks for posting this article! I was trying to find that incident report but for the life of me I just couldn't remember where I saw it. I'm glad that the LE officer that took that report was serious enough about it to record it as he did. It seems so many things have slipped through the cracks with Kara's case. Some of the statements Kylr made, viewed in the lens of his psychological makeup and the death of these two girls, are chilling. He states that he "killed people before" and that "what the world really needs is for everyone to die." He truly is a very disturbed individual. I just wonder how many he really has killed. This report may be why LE feel this is Kara and possibly Jessica without confirmation from a medical examiner.

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast