900 users online (119 members and 781 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 828
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,152
    This is just the most heartbreaking video because of what they find out just at that moment. Emotions are so raw.

    But at the same time it's amazing to see the strength between these two mothers. What awful situations to be bought together in.

    http://www.kmbc.com/article/mothers-...-found/9230972
    “Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered… everywhere everywhere everywhere.”

    -
    Find Dani
    Madison Doe
    Where is Sherin?
    -
    IMO.
    "Имaте Петрова огъня."
    "You have the Petrova fire."


  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    sydney australia
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
    On a philosophical note, what can you do with someone like Kylr?
    If this has taken place in a US state with the DP, well there's that.
    But in other states without it, or in countries without the DP - it seems more like cruel and unusual punishment both to him and to society to not put someone like him to death.
    You can't treat them, right? Personality disorders aren't diseases. Evil is not a disease. They can't be treated the way mental illnesses can.
    You can't ever really trust them with women or children or even animals/pets. So they can never be released.
    So a lifetime spent locked away at state expense.
    i guess the only thing we can do is look at this warped and demented individual as a prime example of aberrant humanity- a genetic and/or socially constructed monstrosity to be studied while isolated and caged . Yost has proven himself to be an irredeemable force of darkness
    Last edited by franci; 04-05-2017 at 05:47 AM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    7
    i shared these threads with a producer here in west palm... we both worked at 41 in kc (at different times) but i think we're going to try to cover this tomorrow once more details are released... hoping we find out more today

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    723
    I am still a bit confused on the timeline from this week. Was the first notification that remains were found when the were giving the interview and the call came in?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    7
    i thought they found one skull and gave notice to kara's mom... then during the interview to the local outlets, they got the call about the second one

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post
    The first articles stated that Karas family had been informed that a skull found was likely Karas (paraphrasing)

    I posted a tweet with a short video It's in both threads (sorry gone 3am here and I'm on my phone)

    Karas and Jessica's Mom were being interviewed when the detective called, if you listen closely he says no confirmation but his gut says it's Kara.

    There is also another tweet with another short video with both Moms at the police station where Karas Mom says that they have no confirmation and no ID.

    HTH
    I'm wondering if maybe they found remnants of clothing or other identifying evidence that makes LE believe (unofficially until proven) that these are the missing girls. They may have given the moms more information than the public knows about at this time. Beyond sad, but maybe it will at least bring closure to the grieving families. I can't think of anything worse than never knowing. R.I.P. Dear Girls

  7. #67
    skibaboo's Avatar
    skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    10,406


    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

    Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

    Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    4,180
    Quote Originally Posted by franci View Post
    i guess the only thing we can do is look at this warped and demented individual as a prime example of aberrant humanity- a genetic and/or socially constructed monstrosity to be studied while isolated and caged . Yost has proven himself to be an irredeemable force of darkness
    Reading suggestion: Before It's Too Late by Stanton Samenow.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

    Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

  9. #69
    skibaboo's Avatar
    skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    10,406
    5 things to know about the 2007 disappearance of Kara Kopetsky

    1. Kara's mom hasn't seen her since she left for school on May 4, 2007

    <modsnip>

    2. Kara was seen on security footage

    <modsnip>

    3. She had a tumultuous relationship with then-boyfriend, Kylr Yust

    <modsnip>

    4. Police found human remains they believe could be Kara's

    <modsnip>

    5. Police have not identified the remains yet

    <modsnip>
    Last edited by Greater Than; 04-05-2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule


    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

    Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

    Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,157
    Two skulls found near Belton; now two moms wait to learn if they are their missing daughters

    snipped from article

    "We are not at this time able to determine if it's male or female, if we have an age, a sex. We don't have that information," said Sheriff Jeff Weber, Cass County.

    According to Captain Kevin Tieman, the skull recovered Monday has been sent to the Jackson County Medical Examiner for further examination.

    I just snipped a couple of lines from the article that should be kept in mind, until there is a definite answer about these girls.

    I know we all want closer, I just want to be sure. imo moo


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    750
    As another poster stated, I don't think they would have notified the families unless they found something else with the remains that suggests it's them. I think the jewelry Kara was wearing is a pretty strong theory. I think LE would be very hesitant to call the families just from finding two sets of remains without any other identification or clues suggesting its the girls. That would be a gut-wrenching thing to put two mothers through if they weren't sure.

    Last night on the news it showed a clip of their two mothers receiving a phone call notifying them of a second skull being found. They just held each other and cried. I can't even imagine. Was so hard to watch. I hope these poor families get some answers and justice.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,163
    Quote Originally Posted by kittymittons View Post
    As another poster stated, I don't think they would have notified the families unless they found something else with the remains that suggests it's them. I think the jewelry Kara was wearing is a pretty strong theory. I think LE would be very hesitant to call the families just from finding two sets of remains without any other identification or clues suggesting its the girls. That would be a gut-wrenching thing to put two mothers through if they weren't sure.

    Last night on the news it showed a clip of their two mothers receiving a phone call notifying them of a second skull being found. They just held each other and cried. I can't even imagine. Was so hard to watch. I hope these poor families get some answers and justice.
    I think they would have, because as soon as the info hit the news people would have been calling them to ask if they had heard. It is bad enough for them to be told skulls were found, but being blindsided by it would be even worse. Police would want them to be aware. I've seen it in many missing cases, where families of missing people are notified when remains are found and sometimes they don't turn out to be the person they're looking for.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by MzOpinion8d View Post
    I think they would have, because as soon as the info hit the news people would have been calling them to ask if they had heard. It is bad enough for them to be told skulls were found, but being blindsided by it would be even worse. Police would want them to be aware. I've seen it in many missing cases, where families of missing people are notified when remains are found and sometimes they don't turn out to be the person they're looking for.
    Calling them to the station seems to be over kill if they don't have a strong feeling it's them, just notifying them via phone call I could see ("We found remains but don't know anything else at this time, just wanted you to know.") I really think they found something else with the remains that suggested it's them. JMO.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    872
    Can I be happy and sad at the same time.?

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by kittymittons View Post
    Calling them to the station seems to be over kill if they don't have a strong feeling it's them, just notifying them via phone call I could see ("We found remains but don't know anything else at this time, just wanted you to know.") I really think they found something else with the remains that suggested it's them. JMO.

    i believe he said that they could not confirm 100% it was her but that he felt it in his gut... by that phrasing, i'm led to believe they have some sort of identifying evidence that would allow him to make a statement like that and that this was not a phone call to alert them of the knowledge of remains in general being found

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4
    By Cubby in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 369
    Last Post: 04-04-2017, 07:01 PM
  2. MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3
    By dannyodie in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 587
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 11:46 PM
  3. MO Kara Elise Kopetsky (17) - Belton MO, 2007
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 01:55 PM
  4. MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #2
    By chicoliving in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 685
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 05:38 PM
  5. MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #1
    By MissieMt in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 534
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 06:37 PM

Tags for this Thread