1319 users online (220 members and 1099 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OK - Joseph Angelo, 24, shot 36 times, Guthrie, 5 April 2017 *Arrests*

Officers said they were investigating reports of a shooting in the 300 block of South Oak Street just after midnight on Wednesday when they found 24-year-old Joseph William Angelo on the front porch of a home. Police say Angelo had multiple gunshot wounds to his face and torso, and was taken to an area hospital where he later died.

Three people were seen running from the scene and getting into a sedan of an unknown make and model and fleeing the area, authorities said. The suspects have not been located, according to investigators.

Anyone with any information about this crime or the suspects involved should call the Guthrie Police Department at 405-282-3535.

http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=...4&catId=112032

Joey was a longtime friend of my husband's. He leaves behind a one year old daughter.
    Last edited by momma2penny; 04-05-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Sending my condolences!

As a side point do you have any idea why this would have happened? I mean any reason someone would do this?

Quote Originally Posted by johunt View Post
    Sending my condolences!

As a side point do you have any idea why this would have happened? I mean any reason someone would do this?
    According to the phone call my husband got this morning from Joey's mom,he had just gotten to a friend's house because she called him worried that some guys were going to rob her. He was on the porch smoking a cigarette when he got shot. The friend wasn't even aware that he had showed up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by momma2penny View Post
    According to the phone call my husband got this morning from Joey's mom,he had just gotten to a friend's house because she called him worried that some guys were going to rob her. He was on the porch smoking a cigarette when he got shot. The friend wasn't even aware that he had showed up yet.
    36 shots sounds like a crime of passion or anger. I can't see a random shooting being 36 shots, but what do I know, the article did say 2 different guns.

Really tragic!

Three people running "from" the home? As in someone inside the home of the porch he was sitting on? I assumed that the shooting was from a vehicle toward the porch but now I'm a little confused.

This does not seem random unless he got caught up in something accidental by the woman who called him over.

MAYBE, she called him because she was afraid some acquaintances were going to rob her, for some reason, unexplained so far, ...

And Joey arrives, smokes a cig on the porch, NOT KNOWING a home invasion was underway already...

The 3 perps run out, are surprised to see Joey sitting in the dark, and they begin firing at him, to kill the witness, before they escape...
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    MAYBE, she called him because she was afraid some acquaintances were going to rob her, for some reason, unexplained so far, ...

And Joey arrives, smokes a cig on the porch, NOT KNOWING a home invasion was underway already...

The 3 perps run out, are surprised to see Joey sitting in the dark, and they begin firing at him, to kill the witness, before they escape...
    Totally plausible and sounds like what happened according to reports so far. But 36x? It just seems off to me.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Hey, katydid23 Nice to see you.

Agreeing. ^ seems to explain sequence of events at least from MSM info we have ATM.

FWIW: kfor.com vid ^ shows interview w neighbor/young man w big glasses. Says since gal moved in one month ago, lots of cars have been coming and going there.

JM2cts.
    Last edited by al66pine; 04-06-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Looks like robbery hadn't happened yet and shots came from outside the house according to the woman who called it in..

“Initially the call came out as a possible burglary,” Gibbs said. “However, the reporting party, who is female, ended up stating that she heard shots fired outside the residence.”

http://www.koco.com/article/woman-st...ws-off/9242591

Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post

Agreeing. ^ seems to explain sequence of events at least from MSM info we have ATM.

FWIW: kfor.com vid ^ shows interview w neighbor/young man w big glasses. Says since gal moved in one month ago, lots of cars have been coming and going there.

JM2cts.
    YEAH, sounds like she may have been dealing, so she may have known someone was about to rob her.

IF so, she needed more than one unsuspecting friend coming to protect her.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post

JM2cts.
    Lots of cars coming and going? Wonder how long the visitors were there short time maybe drugs? Long time just lots of friends.

This sounds more like a drug debt hit than a robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by shifferbrainz View Post
    This sounds more like a drug debt hit than a robbery.
    I have no idea but being shot 36 times by two different people seemed like an axe to grind with someone.

This is horrific overkill. It's shocking in its brutality. A strong message? Meant for someone or a group of someones?

How terrible for his family.

"Pray for my family. Pray for my sanity. I lost a son today. I love you to the moon and back Joey Angelo! May God wrap you in his arms and keep you til I see you again. Always in my heart. I can't believe this is happening," she wrote.

"God received another angel this morning, My son Joey Angelo. This is him and his daughter B[redacted]. May she know how much he loves her! Oh how I am going to miss you!"

http://newsok.com/article/5544329

minor child name redacted by me

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation was requested to assist the Guthrie Police Department in its investigation. Officers, Detectives and OSBI Investigators are following several leads at this time.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Guthrie Police Department at 405-282-3535 immediately.

http://www.koco.com/article/woman-st...ws-off/9242591
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast