794 users online (77 members and 717 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Girl found living with monkeys in forest in northern India. 6 April 2017

http://www.cp24.com/world/girl-found...ndia-1.3357425

A young Indian girl sits on a bed in a hospital in this image taken from video in Bahraich northern India Thursday April 6, 2017. Indian police are reviewing reports of missing children from recent years to try to identify the girl who was found in a forest with a group of monkeys. The girl, believed to be about 10 to 12 years old, was unable to speak, was wearing no clothes and was emaciated when she discovered in January and taken to a hospital in Bahraich. (KK Productions, via AP)
    LUCKNOW, India -- Indian police are reviewing reports of missing children to try to identify a girl who was found living in a forest with a group of monkeys.

The girl, believed to be 10 to 12 years old, was unable to speak, was wearing no clothes and was emaciated when she discovered in January and taken to a hospital in Bahraich, a town in Uttar Pradesh state in northern India.
    She behaved like an animal, running on her arms and legs and eating food off the floor with her mouth, said D.K. Singh, chief medical superintendent of the government-run hospital.
    "They said the girl was naked and was very comfortable in the company of monkeys. When they tried to rescue the girl, they were chased away by the monkeys," the officer said.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's a real-life Nell.

Wow, I'd love to read her memoir 20 years from now! Hope they can figure out who she is and how she got there.

She is being treated at a district hospital. “The girl was found two months back,eats and walks like animals, and runs away on seeing humans,” said Chief Medical Officer DK Singh. “She has marks on her skin, looks like she has lived with animals for quite some time. Now she is better and healthy, showing improvement.”

https://scroll.in/latest/833852/utta...keys-in-forest

The girl was weak and very hungry when she was found. Doctors have been treating her at the district hospital in Bahraich for the last two months. It seems she is unable to understand local dialect, and often gets violent when treated.

http://www.iflscience.com/editors-bl...rest-in-india/

She behaved like an animal, running on her arms and legs and eating food off the floor with her mouth, said D.K. Singh, chief medical superintendent of the government-run hospital.

After treatment, she has begun walking normally and eating with her hands.

"She is still not able to speak, but understands whatever you tell her and even smiles," Singh said.

https://apnews.com/9bb6522fe5c642a38...&utm_medium=AP

He said police are trying to determine how the girl got into the forest and who her parents are.

She will be sent to a home for juveniles until she is identified, Singh said.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...orest-46622867
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Wow. This is crazy! I wonder how long she was out there. So sad.

Definitely one of the more bizarre stories I've read. I have soooo many questions. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Simply........wow!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post
    Simply........wow!
    I know! Fascinating and sad at the same time. So hope she can be placed with a loving and patient family.

I am most perplexed by this:
    "She behaved like an animal, running on her arms and legs and eating food off the floor with her mouth.."

The floor? She and the monkeys were in some kind of building?

What usually annoys me is that people so often refer to the floor as the ground these days, but I've not heard the reverse. And I don't want to speculate that he meant the forest floor. That doesn't make sense to me.

“You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.
    - Eldridge Cleaver
    Posts are my opinion, based in part on fact, and are not for publication.
    click for JonBenet Ramsey case images on Pinterest
    “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” - Mark Twain

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona

Video with no text.

Different video with text.

In this video you can clearly see her hand movements and scratching.......pretty much just like a monkey would do.

I don't know how long she was out there in the jungle with them, but I would think at least 1/2 of her eight years, maybe even more.

This is so fascinating and so sad. It appears the monkeys must have adopted her and protected this little girl for quite a while. She must have been very young (under 3??) in order to mix in and not threaten the monkeys. I hope she finds happiness and gets all the help she needs.

Gosh I was reading about her in the newspaper today. It's believed she was abandoned by her family from what I read. Terribly sad. Praying that if she's sent to an orphanage they have some good counsel and psychiatrists for her
    “A glimpse into the world proves that horror is nothing other than reality.”
    ― Alfred Hitchcock

Quote Originally Posted by peedoffinny View Post
    This is so fascinating and so sad. It appears the monkeys must have adopted her and protected this little girl for quite a while. She must have been very young (under 3??) in order to mix in and not threaten the monkeys. I hope she finds happiness and gets all the help she needs.
    This sure makes me have a higher appreciation for animals!!! The things they are capable of is kinda cool.

My parents used to refer to me as a "wild child"......................little did they know how easy they had it.

With a good agent and publicist, this little girl will be a millionaire by the time she's a teenager. She's old enough to remember a lot of what happened to her too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast