TX TX - Rosa Sandoval, 12, San Antonio, 28 May 2004

Doyle

Reaction score
Website
www.
There's new information in the search for a missing San Antonio girl. The FBI is now helping in the search for 12-year-old Rosa Sandoval.

News 4 WOAI has learned investigators brought the girl's family to police headquarters Thursday to officially take a formal statement. Thursday afternoon, police detectives also went door to door in the missing girl's neighborhood. It's a search the FBI has now joined, along with the police sex crimes unit.

"We'll bring them into the investigation so they can assist in case there's something more than just a simple run away or a case that's more innocent than somebody being abducted," said SAPD Sgt. Gabe Trevino. "If, in fact, we find the worst case scenario that somebody was abducted, we already have them on board."
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=44C79C97-C2BB-492F-9FBD-8FDE54F5C69A

The FBI offered a $50,000 reward Tuesday for information that leads to the discovery of a missing 12-year-old girl.

The reward is in addition to a $5,000 reward Crime Stoppers is offering in the case of Rosa Sandoval (pictured, left), who was last seen walking to Sky Harbor Elementary on May 30.
http://www.ksat.com/news/3396211/detail.html

That doesn't make sense. A 12 year old doesn't go to elementary school, unless she failed a grade and the school goes to 6th grade.

On a Sunday, she may have been going to meet a friend, or hang out, or climb on the rooftops (like I used to to while hanging out with my friends, at that age).

That whole report is weird. The Friday she should have disappeared would have been the 28th.

I'm glad to see LE is finally working this case. At first they told the family there was a 72 hour waiting period Texas Law. To my knowledge, no states have such a law. Sometimes it's an individual police department's policy, but it's not a law.

In a news conference Thursday, San Antonio Police said Rosa Sandoval has been missing since about 11:30 p.m. May 27.

Previous reports indicated she was last seen on her way to school the morning of May 28.

The new development was brought to the attention of SAPD Thursday morning.

Asst. Police Chief Tyrone Powers said Sandoval's older sister told FBI investigators she and Sandoval had a fight over a glass of tea on the night of May 27.

Rosa Sandoval has been missing longer than investigators believed.

She also told investigators she went into the room the two shared after 11 p.m. and the 12-year-old was not there.
http://news9sanantonio.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=12293

It's been four weeks since a San Antonio girl disappeared; now there are new developments in the Rosa Sandoval case.

It's not certain why, but the 12-year old's family cancelled candlelight vigil last night.

Friends anticipating Sandoval's vigil hoped they could show the family their support.

"We are all just wondering what is going on and we're just here to you know, let them know, we're here, you know, we feel bad for everything that has happened," said friend Maria Hernandez
http://news9sanantonio.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=12935

OM goodness.........there are some strange thing's going on in this case. LE now going through her house...........parent's stay at Hotel, she and sister had a fight, seem's like they now may think family is involved. I'm going to follow this one.........something hinky going on!

xxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooo
Prayer's for this little girl!
mama

I've been following this case since I first found out about Rosa Sandoval missing, and every new information added doesn't sound good at all. It gave chills when I was reading it. I pray for Rosa Sandoval that hopefully she's still alive and safe. But if she were alive why wouldn't she call home. An arguement over tea sounds silly for her to even run-away. Sandoval is my aunt's niece and at first she was very upset, because she thought someone had abducted her but with all these things coming out. She doesn't know what to expect.

I only know the new information from the internet media.

My prayers are with her.
Sneaky

Thank you for posting, Sneaky
If the family needs anything, please have them contact myself or Kelly Jolkowski, mother of missing Jason of Nebraska, at the e-mails provided in my signature. We network missing persons cases world wide, for FREE.

My prayers are for Rosa, she is a beautiful girl.

With love and HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com
OR
Kelly.Jolkowski@projectjason.org

Ghostwheel said:
That doesn't make sense. A 12 year old doesn't go to elementary school, unless she failed a grade and the school goes to 6th grade.

On a Sunday, she may have been going to meet a friend, or hang out, or climb on the rooftops (like I used to to while hanging out with my friends, at that age).

That whole report is weird. The Friday she should have disappeared would have been the 28th.

In Texas junior high is grade 7-9. If a child's birthday fell wrong such as after September 1st that child would be in 6th grade elementary school at age 12.

Sneaky said:
I've been following this case since I first found out about Rosa Sandoval missing, and every new information added doesn't sound good at all. It gave chills when I was reading it. I pray for Rosa Sandoval that hopefully she's still alive and safe. But if she were alive why wouldn't she call home. An arguement over tea sounds silly for her to even run-away. Sandoval is my aunt's niece and at first she was very upset, because she thought someone had abducted her but with all these things coming out. She doesn't know what to expect.

I only know the new information from the internet media.

My prayers are with her.
Sneaky

Sneaky.......your Aunt must be scared to death of what may have happened to Rosa. I noticed that LE took the computer........and possibly think she may have met someone online but now that they think they've looking at what they think are bloodstain's in the bed I don't know what to think at all.

My oldest grandson is twelve too.......and only last year someone tried to
grab him in an alley but luckily he was with another boy and they got away when some older kids' heard them screaming. I know lot's of 12 yr old girls......and they do love to go into chat rooms on the computer. They are alot more sophisticated than most people want to think. When my grandson is with me I'm very carefully what he does on the computer........but practically every house in America has a computer today and I can't be with him all the time.
I'm already praying for this little girl but there's also prayer for your Aunt too!

xxxxxxxxxxxoooooo
mama
:blowkiss:

txsvicki said:
In Texas junior high is grade 7-9. If a child's birthday fell wrong such as after September 1st that child would be in 6th grade elementary school at age 12.

FYI, it must vary from district to district. The district we live in in the DFW area (in Texas) has 6th - 8th grades in junior high. The district right next to us has 7th - 9th grades in junior high, like you said. Just FYI.

I didn't know it had changed. It's still the same in my area and elementary used to be 1-6 when I lived in DFW area quite a few years ago. That's where I went to school before moving to West Texas. Another thing I wonder about is if an elementary school would let a child have access to the internet chat rooms. I hope not.

txsvicki said:
I didn't know it had changed. It's still the same in my area and elementary used to be 1-6 when I lived in DFW area quite a few years ago. That's where I went to school before moving to West Texas. Another thing I wonder about is if an elementary school would let a child have access to the internet chat rooms. I hope not.

I don't think Txsvicki that the elementary school's allow that but it seem's everyone has a computer at home. My 12 yr. old grandson is whiz at computers.......I gotta keep a sharp eye on him!

xxxxxxxooooooooo
mama

Teresa Sandoval wants to set the record straight about the disappearance of her 12-year-old daughter Rosa -- her family has nothing to do with it.

In an interview Monday with KSAT 12 News, Sandoval said she is upset with the way police are investigating the case.

Sandoval said police wasted time when they served a search warrant at her home in early July and hauled away the family's car.
http://www.ksat.com/news/3555955/detail.html

KSAT

The article states...

There are currently three high-profile cases of missing females from Bexar County.

Marisol Hernandez, a mother of three, has been missing since Jan. 2004. Her Ford Mustang was discovered in a parking lot at Commerce Street and General McMullen. Her boyfriend was once considered a suspect but was later cleared by police.

In May 2004, Rosa Sandoval, 12, disappeared following an argument with her sister. Police have followed up on hundreds of leads but there is still no sign of Sandoval.

Authorities are also trying to find 21-year-old Lucero Sarabia, who failed to return home following a Thanksgiving party. Friends said a man at the party offered her a ride home, but he has never been located.

Prayers for all three families, Lanie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back