1500 Santas & one elf :)

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
457474.jpg

More than 1,500 running Father Christmases took part in the Great Scottish Santa Run in Edinburgh.

Event organiser Margaret Rowarth said of the run, in aid of children's charity Wish Upon a Star: "It has been a fantastic day.

"There have been more Santas here than we could ever have hoped for - we had more than 1500 registered this year, where as last year there were only about 400.

"The atmosphere has just been electric and everyone has had an amazing time. We've managed to triple the size of the event this year, so who knows what we might manage to do next year."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1644607.html

Forgive me for this slice of black Christmas humor. I have to share this "traumatic" Santa story. Years ago, I lived in the Philippine Islands with my husband and two sons. The weather in December is very un-Christmas like. The Air Force Base where we were stationed had a huge Christmas party in an open field on base. Santa was to fly in on a helicopter and parachute into the middle of the field, where all the little kids were anxiously awaiting his arrival. So, up in the sky, here comes Santa! Well, Santa's parachute didn't open, and he fell to the ground, breaking both ankles. Fortunately, he didn't have to fall too far. But the children were screaming, when the ambulance rushed in and carted Santa off to the hospital...sirens blasting. Even all these years later, I have to laugh when I think of Santa falling from the sky.

Stuckinahs said:
Forgive me for this slice of black Christmas humor. I have to share this "traumatic" Santa story. Years ago, I lived in the Philippine Islands with my husband and two sons. The weather in December is very un-Christmas like. The Air Force Base where we were stationed had a huge Christmas party in an open field on base. Santa was to fly in on a helicopter and parachute into the middle of the field, where all the little kids were anxiously awaiting his arrival. So, up in the sky, here comes Santa! Well, Santa's parachute didn't open, and he fell to the ground, breaking both ankles. Fortunately, he didn't have to fall too far. But the children were screaming, when the ambulance rushed in and carted Santa off to the hospital...sirens blasting. Even all these years later, I have to laugh when I think of Santa falling from the sky.
Everyone knows Santa is supposed to arrive by reindeer :D That story reminds me of that sitcom WKRP when an episode for Thanks Giving had them dropping live turkeys from the air thinking they could fly enough to land safely.

Ouch, poor Santa!!! the kids must have thought Christmas was cancelled that year!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back