TX - Diamond Alexander Washington, 2, beaten to death, San Antonio, 5 June 2004

aussiegran

Reaction score
SAN ANTONIO -- A nurse gave a detailed description Wednesday of injuries suffered by a 2-year-old girl who was allegedly killed by her mother.

Lauri Charles told jurors that Diamond Alexander Washington suffered seven separate abrasions or bruises to her head and both of her arms were bruised when she was taken to an emergency room in June 2004.

Prosecutors allege the girl's mother, Kimberly Alexander, fatally beat the girl with a vacuum cleaner attachment because the baby had soiled her clothing and bedding.
http://www.ksat.com/news/5494795/detail.html
>>>>>>>>>>>
Poor baby :( news says mother wont face DP because she is mentally retarded.
http://www.ksat.com/news/5502446/detail.html

Poor little baby, I wonder what other terrors she experienced in her short life :(

SAN ANTONIO -- A woman who claimed to witness the fatal beating of a 2-year-old girl cried during cross-examination Friday at her roommate's trial.

Elizabeth Youngblood broke down on the witness stand after defense lawyers showed her pictures of Diamond Alexander Washington's injuries.

When Youngblood was asked by attorneys if she cried when the infant was allegedly beaten by her mother and why she didn't attempt to stop Kimberly Alexander from the attack, the defendant didn't provide an answer.

On Thursday, Youngblood testified that Alexander punched her daughter's chest three times and hit the infant with a vacuum cleaner attachment in June 2004.

"I remember Diamond getting hit on ... her head," Youngblood said. "That was the last hit."

Youngblood also said that Alexander had previously verbally abused her daughter for not using the toilet.

http://www.ksat.com/news/5502446/detail.html

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
There was another woman there who didnt stop the beating:furious:

Usually it's the boyfriend or the stepdad who beats toddlers to death for toilet training accidents, which is actually statistically very high on the list of toddler deaths. Being beaten to death for a potty accident. I don't think I've ever EVER heard of a mother doing that.

What a horrible story.

KatherineQ said:
Usually it's the boyfriend or the stepdad who beats toddlers to death for toilet training accidents, which is actually statistically very high on the list of toddler deaths. Being beaten to death for a potty accident. I don't think I've ever EVER heard of a mother doing that.

What a horrible story.

You're right, KatherineQ. I've only heard of men doing this. It's very unusual for a mother.

I wonder why the witness did not put a stop to it?

SewingDeb said:
I wonder why the witness did not put a stop to it?
The witness should be held partly accountable as well....for allowing it to happen.

WTF!!!!!!!:confused:

How did this woman get her child back........CPS did fail in this instance. But, where was the father. He was the primary caregiver according to the article above. And pregnant AGAIN, at 24, after losing custody of 4 kids in other states....sorry for the rambling. I am just so angry after reading this. People like this should not be allowed to continue reproducing.......there should be a test taken prior to someone having a baby....we have to do it to drive. What is more important? (this is just mho)

A judge felt sorry for her, I imagine. He at least did say in the article that it bothered him to hear of the baby's death.

Apparently the father was the primary caregiver at the time she was given the baby, but I don't think they were still together when this happened.

I'm for forced sterilization in these cases.

Bexar County Associate Judge Peter Sakai, who awarded custody of the baby to Washington, wouldn't comment on the case, but said the news of the baby's death hurts him.

"It breaks my heart," Sakai said. "It's devastating. It really does affect myself as a judge."
>>>>>>>>>>>
This makes me sick :sick: he gave the custody to the mother and now this sweet little thing is dead and IT HURTS HIM :banghead:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree 100%

(but then that would be infringing on their rights to reproduce)

What a twisted society we have. It makes me sick that criminals have more rights than innocent children :furious:

Let's hope with no conjugal visits - no more kids!

I like it - kill or severely injure a child and you are automatically sterilized. Sounds right to me.

rachrach99 said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree 100%

(but then that would be infringing on their rights to reproduce)

What a twisted society we have. It makes me sick that criminals have more rights than innocent children :furious:

I think some criminals deserve to lose all rights. Killing a baby would be one of those instances.

Details said:
Let's hope with no conjugal visits - no more kids!

I like it - kill or severely injure a child and you are automatically sterilized. Sounds right to me.

I think she's pregnant with another one right now. If the guards stay away from her and she has no conjugal visits, as you said, maybe she won't have any after this one she is carrying now.

I don't see anything wrong with sterilizing those who abuse or murder children. I bet others agree with the two of us. Maybe the lawmakers will listen if enough speak up on the subject.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back