Family Gets Soldier's Christmas Card Hours Before Death News

aussiegran

Reaction score
HOCKLEY, Texas -- The Christmas card arrived first, followed a few hours later by the military officers.

"All I have to say is how much I love you and will be glad to see you in January," Army Sgt. Michael C. Taylor wrote to his mother from Iraq. "I wish you a very merry Christmas."

Stephanie Taylor Tompkins got the card on Wednesday, shortly before Army officers brought her family the news that an improvised bomb had exploded in Balad, Iraq, that day, killing her 23-year-old son, a young man whose family once called him "Little Mickey."

Taylor had become a father and was a devout Christian who loved reading mysteries and thrillers and was looking forward to restoring a 1969 Chevelle when he got home, said his brother, Justin Lee Taylor, 24.

Instead, Justin will be restoring the Chevelle alone, as a way to remember his brother.
http://www.ksat.com/family/5516227/detail.html

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
So sad for this family .:(

Prayers for this soldier's family and friends. How very sad, especially at this time of year. I think it's great that his brother is going to finish the car in his memory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back