1273 users online (221 members and 1052 guests)  

Websleuths News

Toronto LE warn drivers about 2 attempted car-jackings within 1 hour

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...lert-1.4062910
    In both incidents, men on foot approached female drivers in cars, ordered them out at gunpoint

Posted: Apr 09, 2017 11:46 AM
    Const. David Hopkinson, spokesperson for the Toronto Police Service, said police have issued a public safety alert about the incidents, both of which occurred near coffee shops.

"We are warning members of the public, if they are going to be out and about this morning, please be careful, lock your doors, have a good look at who may be around you," he said.
    The suspects produced a black handgun, ordered the women to leave and said they would shoot them if they didn't get out. The men, however, did not seize control of the cars and fled in a nearby white van.
    Police describe both suspects as black, with dark complexions, slim builds, about six feet tall, and 20 to 30 years of age.
    The first suspect was reportedly wearing a grey jacket, while the second suspect was reportedly wearing a black jacket with a red shirt.
    Police issued public safety alerts when they want to warn the public and have specific advice, Hopkinson said.
    rbbm

We had a vehicle stollen in Toronto once. The twits stole everything in the car, my suitcase, my old junky printer, my food, scraps of paper ... even the pencils in the cup holders. They left behind only three Mozart CDs. I guess criminals have their limits.

Is this terror related? Take the car, mow down a bunch of people?

Or your every day sunday morning carjacking?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiandmighty View Post
    Is this terror related? Take the car, mow down a bunch of people?

Or your every day sunday morning carjacking?
    Well the former occurred to me given lone females threatened with a gun, had a van nearby, but did not take the cars- both incidents within an hour- something off-.
    Potential sex assault?? terror either way.
    imo, speculation.

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-st...king-attempts/
    Const. David Hopkinson said the first altercation took place just before 7:30 a.m. near a coffee shop in the Victoria Park Avenue and Cassandra Boulevard area.

“A woman was driving her car when two men approached her car, produced a gun, ordered her out and threatened to shoot her if she didn’t get out,” Hopkinson said, noting that the suspects did not succeed in their attempt to steal the car, but instead fled in a white van.
    The second incident took place half an hour later in the Wilson Avenue and Tippet Road area.
    “Another coffee shop, another woman is approached by two men, they produce a gun, and they order her out of her car under threats to shoot her,” he said, noting that, again, the suspects ended up fleeing together in a white van.
    Hopkinson said the victims of both incidents escaped physical injury, but were nevertheless rattled by the altercations.
    It’s terrible that we have to warn people about this, but particularly this morning, because of these two incidents, I would warn people just to be cautious as they’re driving. Don’t leave your cars unattended and on when you go into the stores, be cautious of who’s approaching you, and lock your doors.
    rbbm

http://www.cp24.com/news/toronto-wom...icle-1.3366622
    Toronto woman thankful she drives standard after 4 armed carjacking suspects abandoned vehicle
    Last Updated Wednesday, April 12, 2017
    A 34-year-old woman says her typical Sunday morning ritual went awry when she became the target of an armed carjacking.
    The woman, a Toronto teacher who does not want to be identified, said she had just purchased a coffee at a Tim Horton’s on Victoria Park, near Ellesmere Road, and was sitting in her car when two men approached the driver’s side window.
    "I actually undid the window a little bit because I thought they were going to ask me something,” she told CTV News Toronto.
    “And then they had the gun pretty close to my body -- or close to the window, I guess -- and they said ‘get out of the car or we're going to kill you.’"
    Frozen in fear, the woman said she got out of her car and walked around to the rear with her hands in the air.

There would be no reason why these males wouldn't be able to drive the car, after pointing the firearm and obtaining the keys,” Lipkus said. “The theory is they weren't able to drive standard so they were unsuccessful in stealing the car."
    Investigators say they’re looking for four men in connection with the incidents but provided few other details.