1387 users online (314 members and 1073 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Posts
    8,436

    GA - Otis Nixon, 58, Woodstock, 9 April 2017

    This is a town or two over from me.

    Otis Nixon, black male, 58, who was last seen yesterday morning at 10am leaving his residence in a gray 2011 Range Rover.



    https://mobile.twitter.com/Woodstock...756228/photo/1

    He reportedly left to play golf but never arrived at the course.

    Nixon, who played 17 years in the majors, has previous history with drug abuse.

    Police are asking the public for help in locating his whereabouts, and if anyone has information to contact 911.*

    More info at this link:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.3037789

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    830
    I was just about to post this. He has detailed his past issues with addiction, I hope he hasnt relapsed or is dealing with nefarious people.

  3. #3
    U2forever's Avatar
    U2forever is offline You're the best thing about me. I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aiken, SC/Augusta, GA
    Posts
    1,852
    I pray he turns up alive and well, soon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 May 28 aTLANTA


  4. #4
    https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiec...906773915494:0



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,728
    I am not a golfer and I don't know anyone who does, but I have seen MANY comments that he would not be allowed on the golf course wearing sweat pants.
    He never made it to the range anyway, so I am hoping he had alternate plans and is safe.
    I'll be out and about around Woodstock today and I will definitely keep my eyes open for his vehicle!
    MOO

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamela_Brewer View Post
    I am not a golfer and I don't know anyone who does, but I have seen MANY comments that he would not be allowed on the golf course wearing sweat pants.
    He never made it to the range anyway, so I am hoping he had alternate plans and is safe.
    I'll be out and about around Woodstock today and I will definitely keep my eyes open for his vehicle!
    MOO

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I think a lot depends on what course he went to.

    I am picturing the black, sleek
    warm up outfit more than I am picturing the baggy, jersey type sweatpants.

    The article referenced his past drug use quite a bit, which makes me uneasy.

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,335
    My stomach is in knots about this one. I'm a big Braves fan from back in those days. We even named one of our kittens Otis. I was there when he made 'The Catch', and ran into his mom and sister in the restroom afterwards. Very nice people. I hope he's safe....

    The Catch: https://youtu.be/WSHzGtPx8zo

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    16,640

    GA - Otis Nixon (former Braves outfielder), 58, Woodstock, 9 April 2017

    Thank you for posting the video JanetElaine. It gives me chills.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    133
    Police locate former Atlanta Braves player Otis Nixon

    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/form...sing/510917368


    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,728
    He has been found!

    "Former Braves outfielder Otis Nixon found after missing person report was filed"

    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/fo...ia-police/amp/

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    16,640
    What great news!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,335
    Thank goodness!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Posts
    8,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamela_Brewer View Post
    He has been found!

    "Former Braves outfielder Otis Nixon found after missing person report was filed"

    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/fo...ia-police/amp/

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Good News!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,699
    Yes, very good news but where in the hay has he been this whole time?!

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Posts
    8,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Yes, very good news but where in the hay has he been this whole time?!

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    We may never know.

    Snipped from link below <She had no other details about his condition, where he was found or the circumstances.

    Duncan said there was no foul play involved, and that Woodstock police consider the case closed.>

    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/otis-nix...is-found-safe/



Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY Canada - Victoria Stafford, 8, Woodstock ON, 8 April 2009
    By CCD in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 12:12 AM