980 users online (144 members and 836 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1095
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,175

    IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

    NEW RULE: IF YOU WANT TO POST ABOUT A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FIRST. PLEASE SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO ANY OF THE MODERATORS. BE PATIENT BECAUSE IT WILL TAKE TIME TO GET BACK WITH YOU



    Dear Websleuths Members,

    Please DO NOT bring in family members of the victim's and suggest they might have had something to do with the crime. As of right now, there is ZERO evidence to suggest this is the case.

    People, please think about what Abby and Liberty's loved ones are going through right now.

    They lost their two angels to murder and now they read on the Internet people are ripping their lives apart.

    Same thing with any random person you happen to bring up. These people do not deserve to have their lives spread out and accusations made against them based on a theory with nothing to back it up.

    I know it's frustrating when you go on other sites and they are talking about EVERYTHING but we just do not work that way on Websleuths.

    You are anonymous behind your computer screen. Doesn't hurt you if you post something that's not true about a grieving family member. You step away from your computer and all is well. Meanwhile, your words are like burning hot knives in people's hearts.

    Please take a moment to read our rules
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

    If you have any questions please email websleuthscomments@gmail.com or send a private message.

    Ask yourself the following; Would you stand face to face with the person you are accusing, tell them your theory and tell them your real name?

    Even with our tight and well thought out rules Websleuths is able to do amazing sleuthing.

    Thank you for caring about Abby and Liberty.

    Tricia Griffith
    Owner/Websleuths.com

    PS. Thank you KayElJay for letting me post in your opening post.







    MISSING: Two 13-year-old girls dropped off to go walking at Carroll County trai
    l


    Carroll County Sheriff Toby Leazenby said Abigail Williams and Liberty German were last seen around 1 p.m. when they were dropped off to go hiking at High Bridge, just east of Delphi.


    Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

    Two bodies found along a northern Indiana stream are those of two teenage girls who went missing Mondayand their deaths are being investigated as homicides, authorities said on Wednesday.

    State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said autopsies performed Wednesday determined that the bodies are those of Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, both of Delphi.

    Their bodies were found Tuesday afternoon along Deer Creek near Delphi, about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis. Police said the girls’ bodies were about three-quarters of a mile from an abandoned railroad bridge where they were dropped off Monday to go hiking.

    ISP page dedicated to the investigation (includes audio of suspect)

    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7

    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10
    Thread #11
    Thread #12
    Thread #13
    Thread #14
    Thread #15
    Thread #16
    Thread #17

    Thread #18
    Thread #19
    Thread #20
    Thread #21
    Thread #22
    Thread #23
    Thread #24
    Thread #25
    Thread #26
    Thread #27

    Thread #28
    Thread #29
    Thread #30
    Thread #31
    Thread #32
    Thread #33
    Thread #34
    Thread #35
    Thread #36

    Thread #37
    Thread #38
    Thread #39
    Thread #40
    Thread #41
    Thread #42
    Thread #43
    Thread #44
    Thread #45
    Thread #46
    Thread #47


    *Media Maps & Timelines*

    Rules Etiquette & Information

    Case map by skibaboo updated with the latest grayhuze crime flow video
    Last edited by KayElJay; 04-10-2017 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Added link to thread #47

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    35,887
    Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

    Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
    (800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

    Information can also be emailed to
    Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

    video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

    Audio loop http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

    SGT. KIM RILEY, INDIANA STATE POLICE (via telephone) with CNN re: three posts in the image on the bridge

    RILEY: We have looked at it. We`ve blown it up. As a matter of fact, that was done right after we got the picture -- we had access to the picture. And if you look at the far end of the tracks, it looks like there`s two people actually standing there. But if you blow the picture up, you`ll notice that there`s actually three poles there to keep cars from being -- trying to drive across the bridge. So that`s the marks that you see at the end of the tracks.

    Teen used cell phone to capture chilling audio of her killer: Police
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    35,887
    ADMIN NOTE: Do NOT post photos of random individuals in a side by side fashion to compare with unidentified suspect. You may be sleuthing someone ten ways to Sunday but do NOT post about it here. Until there is a named suspect to sleuth it is against TOS.

    [ETA = in light of the recent search warrant executed at the property and residence of RL the decision has been made to allow limited sleuthing of RL. You may sleuth what is public record, including past criminal or legal history. You may discuss whether or not you feel his voice or appearance match the evidence shared by LE. You may NOT sleuth his family members, friends, acquaintances, etc. Please keep it on the rails.]

    If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

    Posts that are outside the rules are subject to removal without warning or explanation. Members who continue to post against the rules are subject to a loss of posting privileges.

    Please continue discussing while being mindful of the rules which can always be found linked in my signature.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,561
    ADMIN NOTE: Because so many members were brand new, we, the owner and staff, have been very patient with you. We thought you deserved some time to learn the ropes. Well, you've had almost two weeks to figure out how we roll here. If you haven't bothered to read the Rules, especially Etiquette and Information, then shame on ya.

    Going forward, we will issue Time Outs of 24 hours or longer. No excuses, no questions asked. Consider this a fair warning.

    Bessie
    WS ADMINISTRATOR
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    21,529
    Hi Everyone,

    In case you haven't seen the videos made by our member "grayhuze" here they are all in one place.

    I would highly recommend you watch these videos if you haven't already.

    You get the full sense of how it must have been for Abby and Libby in addition to helping you understand the crime scene.

    Video # 1

    Video # 2 -

    Video # 3


    Here is a link for all the videos https://youtu.be/AS24hYv_X8Q?list=PL...eBtCVaCghbLHws



    Thank you grayhuze for taking the time to help Abby and Libby.

    Tricia Griffith
    Owner/Websleuths.com
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.
    For a more detail explanation of why Websleuths is asking for your help CLICK HERE











  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    21,529
    ATTENTION EVERYONE:

    With the latest search warrant being served at the home of property owner Ron Logan we have decided to open up Ron Logan to sleuthing with these rules:

    *Use his initials only (R.L.) or call him the land owner.

    *This does not mean you can sleuth his family or neighbors.

    *In the event you do discover something about someone else who happens to be connected to R.L. and you think
    it is related to the case you must check with us before you post it.

    * R.L HAS NOT BEEN NAMED A PERSON OF INTEREST. Please do not accuse him of the crime.

    If you have any questions alert on any post and send us your question. Or you can send a private message to one of the mods.

    To reiterate, You can now sleuth the land owner R.L. but ONLY R.L. No accusing R.L. or anyone of being the killer.

    Thank you,
    Tricia






    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    This just in from Alexis McAdams:

    BREAKING: ISP,FBI & Carrol Co. Sheriffs served search warrant at home of Ron Logan- owner of the property where the girls bodies were found

    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.
    For a more detail explanation of why Websleuths is asking for your help CLICK HERE











  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    21,529
    Quote Originally Posted by sumzero View Post
    Well, it remains unclear to me. I can see no difference between what we're allowed to do, even though LE has repeatedly said RL is not a suspect in the murders, and what we would be allowed to do if, in fact, LE had said RL is a suspect in the murders. In both cases, we'd have to say we don't know for sure and, therefore, it'd only be an opinion. I guess I have a hard time seeing any real limits to the sleuthing. Does that make sense?

    Let me try and clear this up for you.


    Always remember hardly anything on Websleuths is Black and White. Websleuths has lots of gray areas.


    Rarely do police ever say someone is a suspect unless it is obvious like Bridge Guy.


    What we have to do in certain cases is use our common sense.


    Why did the police get a search warrant for RL the land owner where Abby and Libby's bodies were found?


    Why did the police violate his parole? If someone could find a link verifying this. I will retract if I am incorrect.


    Why was RL given over three years in prison for driving convictions?

    Didn't the police say he was not cooperating? You have to wonder if there is a deal to be made with RL if he cooperates.


    Is there anyone else the police are looking into that has anything close to the connection to the case like RL other than BG?


    To get a search warrant for his house police needed probable cause.


    As the owner of Websleuths, it is up to me to make these decisions about who can be discussed and who can't. I do so by following the Websleuths guidelines along with discussing among the mods and using common sense.


    Here is another good example. The murder of Dr. Teresa Sievers.


    Her husband Mark wasn't ever pointed out as a suspect until shortly before he was arrested. However, his behavior made it obvious he was hiding something. This is why early on Websleuths allowed Mark Sievers to be discussed as a suspect. Same with his friend Wayne.


    We take each case on its merits.


    In this case, because the police had probable cause for a search warrant members can sleuth RL ONLY. Not his family, not his friends. Also, we have stated over and over no one is saying he is guilty. If someone calls him a murderer please alert and we will remove.


    So when a member feels like a guy that used to date Abby or Libby's mom kind of looks like BG and wants to sleuth him we say absolutely not.


    RL owned the land the bodies were found on. We did not allow sleuthing him at this point at all. It was only when the police served the search warrant did we allow members to sleuth.


    Police have said he is not a suspect. They said this before, during, and after the search warrant of RL's home.


    You have to use common sense and go by what police have done in the past to make these decisions.


    One more thing, we only allow the initials of RL. Why? So when someone Googles his name Websleuths won't come up.


    However, you go to all the other sites on the Internet, and they are tearing RL apart, using his real name and sleuthing God knows what about his past.


    At Websleuths we do our best to balance between letting you discuss and being sensitive to people's situations.


    You will not find any other forum on the Internet that works harder than we do to be as fair as possible.


    Remember, if it too much for you and you feel it's wrong no one is forcing you to stay.


    Thank you,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.
    For a more detail explanation of why Websleuths is asking for your help CLICK HERE











  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Let me try and clear this up for you.


    Always remember hardly anything on Websleuths is Black and White. Websleuths has lots of gray areas.


    Rarely do police ever say someone is a suspect unless it is obvious like Bridge Guy.


    What we have to do in certain cases is use our common sense.


    Why did the police get a search warrant for RL the land owner where Abby and Libby's bodies were found?


    Why did the police violate his parole? If someone could find a link verifying this. I will retract if I am incorrect.


    Why was RL given over three years in prison for driving convictions?

    Didn't the police say he was not cooperating? You have to wonder if there is a deal to be made with RL if he cooperates.


    Is there anyone else the police are looking into that has anything close to the connection to the case like RL other than BG?


    To get a search warrant for his house police needed probable cause.


    As the owner of Websleuths, it is up to me to make these decisions about who can be discussed and who can't. I do so by following the Websleuths guidelines along with discussing among the mods and using common sense.


    Here is another good example. The murder of Dr. Teresa Sievers.


    Her husband Mark wasn't ever pointed out as a suspect until shortly before he was arrested. However, his behavior made it obvious he was hiding something. This is why early on Websleuths allowed Mark Sievers to be discussed as a suspect. Same with his friend Wayne.


    We take each case on its merits.


    In this case, because the police had probable cause for a search warrant members can sleuth RL ONLY. Not his family, not his friends. Also, we have stated over and over no one is saying he is guilty. If someone calls him a murderer please alert and we will remove.


    So when a member feels like a guy that used to date Abby or Libby's mom kind of looks like BG and wants to sleuth him we say absolutely not.


    RL owned the land the bodies were found on. We did not allow sleuthing him at this point at all. It was only when the police served the search warrant did we allow members to sleuth.


    Police have said he is not a suspect. They said this before, during, and after the search warrant of RL's home.


    You have to use common sense and go by what police have done in the past to make these decisions.


    One more thing, we only allow the initials of RL. Why? So when someone Googles his name Websleuths won't come up.


    However, you go to all the other sites on the Internet, and they are tearing RL apart, using his real name and sleuthing God knows what about his past.


    At Websleuths we do our best to balance between letting you discuss and being sensitive to people's situations.


    You will not find any other forum on the Internet that works harder than we do to be as fair as possible.


    Remember, if it too much for you and you feel it's wrong no one is forcing you to stay.


    Thank you,
    Tricia
    Thanks Tricia

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,260
    One way we could generate new theories is by reviewing news coverage or the girls' social media accounts to see if anything new jumps out at us.

    For me, I just found this article which I hadn't yet seen, which describes how the murders impacted one family on Delphi. It hints at what the atmosphere in this small community is like right now.

    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...inty/98163224/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    24
    Was it confirmed that someone was to pick the girls up, rather than them walking somewhere else or to someone's house at the end of their hike? I ask because this article states "They were supposed to meet with family members later Monday evening, but when the teens didn’t show up, and that’s when their family called police."
    https://www.google.com/amp/fox59.com...teenagers/amp/


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    107
    Something occurred to me today as I drove over 300 miles for work. I was tired. My rear hurt from sitting. All I wanted to do was get out and relax and grab something to eat and have a quiet evening. I'm thinking BG looks to be middle aged. If he came into town from another area hours away, then I surmise he settled into the area to scope out the place. This would fit if the girls were catfished and they had already made it known they would be on or near the bridge that day. If he knew this he could have arrived in Delphi a day or two prior...scoped out the bridge and surrounding area...realized it was quiet and desolate...was there early that day keeping track of how many people entered the bridge/trail area...and when they showed up, he knew they were alone and no one would hear. If he is a SK, he planned this. He would have been well rested that morning/early afternoon and ready to strike. MOO

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    647
    I sure wish we had SOME other information to go on.

    Feel like there's nothing of value we can do right now....that hasn't been beaten into the ground.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by steeltowngirl View Post
    Was it confirmed that someone was to pick the girls up, rather than them walking somewhere else or to someone's house at the end of their hike? I ask because this article states "They were supposed to meet with family members later Monday evening, but when the teens didn’t show up, and that’s when their family called police."
    https://www.google.com/amp/fox59.com...teenagers/amp/
    This article said family had a pre-determined place to pick them up at 5:30.

    http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/timeline...ams-in-delphi/




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by steeltowngirl View Post
    Was it confirmed that someone was to pick the girls up, rather than them walking somewhere else or to someone's house at the end of their hike? I ask because this article states "They were supposed to meet with family members later Monday evening, but when the teens didn’t show up, and that’s when their family called police."
    https://www.google.com/amp/fox59.com...teenagers/amp/
    This one says they were supposed to be picked up at the same location they were dropped off. http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...f-to-go-hiking


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by BessDrew View Post
    This one says they were supposed to be picked up at the same location they were dropped off. http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...f-to-go-hiking
    Thank you Bess, good catch!
    Last edited by KayElJay; 04-10-2017 at 08:06 PM. Reason: repaired broken quote

Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1061
    Last Post: 04-10-2017, 07:41 PM
  2. Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1219
    Last Post: 03-31-2017, 05:29 PM
  3. Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 927
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 06:18 AM
  4. Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #15
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1015
    Last Post: 02-28-2017, 02:57 PM

Tags for this Thread