TX - Roberto Aguilera, 64, mauled to death by pit bull, 24 Nov 2005

aussiegran

Reaction score
SAN ANTONIO -- A pit bull that killed a 64-year-old man in late November is now the focus of a legal battle over whether the animal should live or die.

Roberto Aguilera was found dead in the front yard of his son-in-law's home on Spanish Grant Drive on Thanksgiving Day. He had been bitten by the dog more than 20 times. The Bexar County Medical Examiner ruled last week that Aguilera died from the attack.

Animal Cruelty investigators want the pit bull put to sleep, but said Aguilera's son-in-law has threatened legal action if the dog is not returned to him.
http://www.ksat.com/news/5524030/detail.html
>>>>>>>>>>>
I didnt hear about this attack.Can you believe this sick person doesnt want the dog put down .no wonder the dog is like it is if this is the owners attitude.:furious:

What is wrong with this guy? Most would want the animal euthanized after it has killed someone.

SewingDeb said:
What is wrong with this guy? Most would want the animal euthanized after it has killed someone.
Where I live most pit bulls are owned by meth users. Sounds like this guy has fried his brain with drugs. LE should charge this man with murder.

I don't understand how the son-in-law has any legal standing. I think he's just blowing steam. Around here, if a dog kills someone it's automatically put down. The dog is clearly vicious, vicious dogs don't get life in prison, it's the death penalty for them!

If it has been proved that this dog actually killed then of course it should be put down, but I remember a case a few years ago where someone died of a heart attack in their garden and when the body was found there were dog teeth marks in the flesh ....it turned out that the dog had in fact tried to drag its dead master back into the house to protect it.

http://www.ksat.com/news/5541170/detail.html?subid=22100443&qs=1;bp=t

SAN ANTONIO -- The death of a man who was attacked by his former son-in-law's pit bull will not be looked into any further, Bexar County Sheriff's Office investigators said Wednesday.
The statement came one day after the victim's daughter begged detectives to reopen the case, alleging they acknowledged mishandling the investigation.

"They apologized for messing up," Barbara Aguilera told KSAT News on Tuesday. "My dad was a good man. I can't just let it go."
Roberto Aguilera, 64, was discovered on Thanksgiving day outside his former son-in-law's home in south Bexar County with more than 20 bite marks on his body.

Investigators took one pit bull into custody and ruled his death accidental. The pit bull, now in the custody of the city, had a small amount of blood on its chest.
"I think there was a confrontation, and the attack did not involve one dog," said Barbara Aguilera, who explained that her father disapproved of his former son-in-law, Robert Rodriguez, but cared for his dogs and cattle anyway.

"My dad's wallet is missing and his gun is missing," she said. "I want answers."

Bexar County sheriff's officials told KSAT 12 News that they searched Rodriguez' property and did not find a wallet or gun. Investigators acknowledged that more than one pit bull could have attacked Aguilera. Lt. Dale Bennett said he was unsure if blood samples were collected from the pit bull taken into custody.

"The medical examiner ruled his death an accident," Bennett told KSAT 12 News. He denied allegations that investigators admitted bungling the case.
Bennett also denied a request for an on-camera interview.
"There will be no more interviews," Bennett said. "We are done with it."

-----------------------------------------------------
What did the police mess up?
"They apologized for messing up," Barbara Aguilera told KSAT News..."

So, is she saying that someone else came with a dog and rob this man? Then, that person's dog attacked the dead man? hmmmmm
"I think there was a confrontation, and the attack did not involve one dog," "My dad's wallet is missing and his gun is missing,"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back