Pregnant Skydiver Survives Face-First Fall

Dark Knight

Reaction score
(AP) Shayna Richardson was making her first solo skydiving jump when she had trouble with her parachutes and, while falling at about 50 mph, hit face first in a parking lot.
Although badly hurt, she survived — and doctors treating her injuries discovered she was pregnant. Four surgeries and two months later, Richardson said she and the fetus are doing fine.

"Just this last week we went and saw the doctor and we've got arms, we've got legs. We've got a full face. The baby is moving around just fine. The heart rate looks good. So not only did God save me but he spared this baby," she said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051213/ap_on_re_us/skydiver_s_plunge&printer=1;

Praise the Lord, indeed!!!! Wow!!!

WHY on Earth would a pregnant woman go skydiving??!!!

Couldn't she have waited a few months till she had the baby and then went?

The article said that Doctors treating her injuries discovered that she was pergnant. It sounds to me like she probably didn't know yet. She was probably just a few weeks along. Thank goodness she and the baby are ok.

Tristan said:

I don't think she knew she was pregnant until after the dive ... the doctors who treated her injuries discovered was pregnant.

Tristan said:

If you click the link and read the entire article, it says she didn't know she was pregnant and wouldn't have jumped had she known. She was only a few weeks along. It's still a miraculous thing that BOTH survived!!!! Wow!!!! Praise God!

Good news that she and her baby survived that ordeal! :dance:

Why jump out of a perfectly good aircraft though? :waitasec:

There is a videotape of the fall, and I want to see it. Anyone know where I can find it online?

Linda7NJ said:
There is a videotape of the fall, and I want to see it. Anyone know where I can find it online?

If you click on the link and then click on the video link to the left - there is a video on there of her falling.

WOW! I saw it on TV this morning, along with her & her boyfriend. She looks great! Amazing!

Whoa ... just found out this is in my area!!! Siloam is just about 20-30 minutes from me. I believe this was on GMA this morning as well as the local news.

Casshew said:
Good news that she and her baby survived that ordeal! :dance:

Why jump out of a perfectly good aircraft though? :waitasec:
Agreed - with both statements!

On the Today show, she said she'll do it again after the baby is born because it's something she loves to do. She said she'll gain experience from this incident and that people who haven't jumped before don't understand her.

Hopefully, she'll feel differently once the baby is born. Because next time, she might not be so lucky and then her baby would be without a mother.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back