The Crab and why did the Ramsey's think that this was weird..?

Shanny

Reaction score
In JonBenet: The Police Files
Patsy thought that it was weird that Priscilla White saved a plate of Crab for JonBenet Patsy stated " I just remember Priscilla....said 'I know your kids like sea food, so I will hold this little plate out for JonBenet to make sure she gets some.' I remember that well and I thought that's nice to make sure that we don't devour it before the kids get any, but she specifically mentioned JonBenet's name. And at the time it kind of you know..flew over. But then when you were trying to remember things later, it seems, you know, a little strange. "
John told Steve Thomas that he thought it was strange also.
Did the Ramsey's think that Priscilla was trying to posion JonBenet or something.
I think it's weird that the Ramsey's thought that it was strange for their friend to save a plate of crab for their daughter.
Also if JonBenet ate Crab that night how come it did not show up in her system?
The Pineapple showed in her system and the Autopsy said that the Pineapple was poorly chewed, could it have been that JonBenet never ate Crab at the White's house and came home hungry and hurriedly ate pineapple or Dr. Meyer did over looked the crab in her system?

If a friend prepared a little plate specially for one of my kids, I'd think it was a kindly gesture - not weird - but then - I haven't walked in the Ramseys' shoes.

There was also an explanation about why crab would not show up and pineapple would - something about pineapple being organic? (does that ring a bell?)

I think John and Patsy were trying to find alot of ordinary things "strange" because they wanted to throw suspicion onto someone, (maybe anyone), else. They did cast suspicion upon the Whites in several ways. I just think this was part of the CYA.

Shanny said:
In JonBenet: The Police Files
Patsy thought that it was weird that Priscilla White saved a plate of Crab for JonBenet Patsy stated " I just remember Priscilla....said 'I know your kids like sea food, so I will hold this little plate out for JonBenet to make sure she gets some.' I remember that well and I thought that's nice to make sure that we don't devour it before the kids get any, but she specifically mentioned JonBenet's name. And at the time it kind of you know..flew over. But then when you were trying to remember things later, it seems, you know, a little strange. "
John told Steve Thomas that he thought it was strange also.
Did the Ramsey's think that Priscilla was trying to posion JonBenet or something.
I think it's weird that the Ramsey's thought that it was strange for their friend to save a plate of crab for their daughter.
The Pineapple showed in her system and the Autopsy said that the Pineapple was poorly chewed, could it have been that JonBenet never ate Crab at the White's house and came home hungry and hurriedly ate pineapple or Dr. Meyer did over looked the crab in her system?
The wierd part was singling out JBR by name.
We know PW saved some crab for JBR. We don't know if she ate any.
Where did the autopsy say the pineapple was poorly chewed?
Are making things up again?

The problem I have with PR's interviews is what to believe and what not to believe. Just because Patsy (and/or John ) said it happened, did it really? Since I think PR had something to do with this crime I don't know what to believe. How do I pick and choose?

trixie said:
The problem I have with PR's interviews is what to believe and what not to believe. Just because Patsy (and/or John ) said it happened, did it really? Since I think PR had something to do with this crime I don't know what to believe. How do I pick and choose?

I am just going with my gut feelings and know nothing concrete. PR did something to her child...what and in what way? I don't know, but I wouldn't trust her with my leftovers.

trixie said:
I would think LE would of asked PW about this. I would guess she confirmed the story because nothing was ever make out of it.

I think you're right about asking PW about it. But they aren't talking so we'll never know if it actually happened or not. Did Jonbenet ever eat crab that night or not? It seem so simple yet it's one of those ole "pesky evidence things" we, the public don't know. I haven't looked to check on this but how much ya wanna bet Patsy, "doesn't remember." lololol!

Shanny said:

Shanny,

JonBenet likely ate the cracked crab dinner (and other foods) at the White's house that day sometime around 6:00 PM, give or take an hour. Best estimates are that she died at approximately 1:00 AM that night, give or take an hour. That means JonBenet had been digesting the cracked crab meal for some seven hours prior to death, which would have placed the partially digested food somewhere in her large intestine. The autopsy revealed soft green fecal material in the large intestine, exactly where the cracked crab meal would have been expected to have progressed.

JonBenet likely ate the pineapple about one hour before she died, which suggests she ate it around midnight. The fragmented chunks of pineapple were in the entry section of the small intestine and poorly chewn. It would have taken the pineapple, eaten on an empty stomach, around one hour to pass from the stomach to the small intestine. Biological tests on the pineapple taken from JonBenet's small intestine verified that it had come from the bowl of fresh pineapple found setting out on the Ramsey's breakfast room table.

BlueCrab

My husband works alot and we always put aside food for him during holidays and parties. I would have thought nothing of it. My MIL does it for anyone if she knows they like something (and they are missing for one reason or another). I don't see the big deal.

Jayelles said:
If a friend prepared a little plate specially for one of my kids, I'd think it was a kindly gesture - not weird - but then - I haven't walked in the Ramseys' shoes.

There was also an explanation about why crab would not show up and pineapple would - something about pineapple being organic? (does that ring a bell?)
I'd think it was a kindly gesture too. Then I'd wonder what special plate they'd prepared for my other child, who was presumably hungry too.

Is "chewn" a real word? Just kidding! Where did you come upon this information about the pineapple being poorly chewn?

concernedperson said:
I am just going with my gut feelings and know nothing concrete. PR did something to her child...what and in what way? I don't know, but I wouldn't trust her with my leftovers.

I wouldn't either. There's something about her that just makes my skin crawl.

tipper said:
I'd think it was a kindly gesture too. Then I'd wonder what special plate they'd prepared for my other child, who was presumably hungry too.

I have two boys and a girl. We've been places where people have fawned all over my daughter, and pretty much ignored the boys. I didn't think the crab issue was a big deal because I've had similar things happen to my kids.

luvbeaches said:
I have two boys and a girl. We've been places where people have fawned all over my daughter, and pretty much ignored the boys. I didn't think the crab issue was a big deal because I've had similar things happen to my kids.

I have been in the same situation LB and I have two boys and a girl. Everyone always makes a big deal about the girl except my MIL who seems to favor boys (especially my oldest because she helped to raise him). I don't think it's a big deal. My MIL would have done the same for any of my son if she knew he liked something.

Here's the bottom line. Obviously they didn't food poison her because she would have been sick. Secondly, if the drugged her that whole scenario would make sense. But, what would they have drugged her with? The Fleet's pharmacy records should have been evaluated. However, they found no drug in her system. Although, something like Ambien only stays in your body for 5 hours. I don't know what the popular sleep meds were at the time of 96. I have a question for you all. Was there a huge discrepancy is what Ramsey was making, living in, lifestyle etc. in comparison to Fleet. Did Fleet have a big nice house and was Priscilla classly like PR throwing all sorts of parties in the big nice house or were they middle class. WEre they envious?

trixie said:
Is "chewn" a real word? Just kidding! Where did you come upon this information about the pineapple being poorly chewn?

trixie,

CHEWN? Yeah, I probably just coined a word. I didn't feel like looking it up even though it didn't look quite right when I typed it.

In regard to the pineapple being poorly chewed, it's somewhere in Steve Thomas' book, probably toward the front.

BlueCrab

I think 'chewn' is an excellent word. Any dictionary which prints the word 'chewn' should pay you a royalty, BC.

In my parents circle of friends, there were many very gracious ladies who were the type to remember if a child had a particular love for a certain food, and would remember it, and even serve that food for our family, especially if they had a soft spot for a certain child.

We had family friends who were so enchanted with my sister when she was a child (and rightly so, she was and is a dear) they would drop by with little gifts or treats for her, and would take her on outings.

I think it was because out of that circle of friends, she was the youngest by 5 years or more. Everyone had a soft spot for her. It would not surprise me to see these friends save a plate of food for her if they felt it was one of her favorites.

I think this is a case of people reading too much into PW's actions.

imo

ellen13 said:
Here's the bottom line. Obviously they didn't food poison her because she would have been sick. Secondly, if the drugged her that whole scenario would make sense. But, what would they have drugged her with? The Fleet's pharmacy records should have been evaluated. However, they found no drug in her system. Although, something like Ambien only stays in your body for 5 hours. I don't know what the popular sleep meds were at the time of 96. I have a question for you all. Was there a huge discrepancy is what Ramsey was making, living in, lifestyle etc. in comparison to Fleet. Did Fleet have a big nice house and was Priscilla classly like PR throwing all sorts of parties in the big nice house or were they middle class. WEre they envious?
The White's were considerably well off also. I don't think they flaunted their wealth like the Ramsey's did though.
I doubt they were envious,but maybe Priscilla was jealous that JonBenet was so much prettier than Daphne, who knows? ST seems to think that it was Priscilla who organized with a couple of friends, Barbara Fernie was one and I forget the other one right now, to have a talk to Patsy about the 'mega JonBenet thing' after her Christmas vacation.
Priscilla did not agree with the pageants.

I read that Fleet never had a job the whole time the Ramsey's knew him and that his money came from gasoline station holdings of some sort with his family. Who knows if that is true or not and I wonder if it's even true that Daphne was not as pretty. That would really be a silly thing to be jealous over, and if Patsy felt that jealousy, why on earth was she over at the White's home for a Christmas dinner and letting her kids spend so much time with that family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back