1270 users online (221 members and 1049 guests)  

Websleuths News

LA - Ashley Eiffert, 19, pregnant, New Orleans, 9 Jan 2003

NamUs

Charley Project

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: January 9, 2003 from New Orleans, Louisiana
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: February 19, 1983
    Height and Weight: 4'11, 100 - 115 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Eiffert has a tattoo of her name, Ashley, in script lettering on the inside of her ankle. She has a small sun or sunflower tattooed above her breast. Eiffert's nickname is Shorty. Her tongue is pierced.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A white shirt, light blue sweatpants, white Nike sneakers with blue trim, a silver barbell in her tongue, and freestyle sunglasses with violet-colored frames.
    Medical Conditions: Eiffert was seven months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

Details of Disappearance
    Eiffert was last seen in the vicinity of the 4500 block of Demontluzin Street near Franklin Avenue in New Orleans, Louisiana on January 9, 2003. She was at a friend's home there, and apparently arguing on her cellular phone with someone. She left the friend's home and has never been heard from again. Her parents reported her missing in Harahan, Louisiana, where they and she resided in January 2003. Eiffert left her 1992 Ford Mustang, which was reportedly inoperable, at her friend's home when she vanished. It was towed on January 16.

Eiffert may be in the company of Jose Lewis Hill. Photographs and information for Hill are unavailable. Her case remains unsolved. Texas authorities are assisting with the investigation.

Cold Case: Pregnant teen went missing 14 years ago in Gentilly

After 14 years, New Orleans family still searches for teen who went missing while pregnant

Yvonne Eiffert said her daughter was picking up baby furniture at a home in Gentilly from a woman she met at a doctor's office during a recent prenatal visit. She said the woman's name was Nicole Johnson and she had recently lost a child, which is why she was donating her furniture to Ashley Eiffert.

"Ashley went over to get it and got on the phone, waiting on a truck from her boyfriend, and she waited and waited, they were arguing on the phone," said Eiffert. "She went to get in her car to take off and leave, and her car didn't start. So she walked across the street to the shell station, that's what Nicole Johnson told me, and I've never seen her since."

It was months later that her parents finally discovered her car. But even now, there are new developments and discrepancies in the case. As WDSU was trying to track down the location where she was last seen, we discovered that address doesn't exist.

"There is no 4500 block of Demontluzin Street," said Detective Winston Harbin, with New Orleans Police Department.

Detectives are now trying to track down her former boyfriend, Joseph Hill, the woman who had last saw her alive or any of her friends who might have information to add to this cold case.

Background for my next post:

http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20010...t-women-murder

Given all the risks associated with pregnancy, it's easy to imagine that expectant mothers are vulnerable to illnesses and even to death. But shocking new information shows that these women actually are more likely to be murdered than to die from any complications of pregnancy -- or from any other cause for that matter.

"We found that homicide was the leading cause of death among women who were pregnant ... and accounted for 20% of deaths among that group, compared with 6% of deaths among nonpregnant women of reproductive age," says author Isabelle Horon, DrPH, from the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, who conducted a study that looked at pregnancy-associated deaths from 1993 to 1998.

The study [appeared] in the [March 2001~] Journal of the American Medical Association...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LA - Ashley Eiffert, 19, pregnant, New Orleans, 9 Jan 2003

Yvonne Eiffert said her daughter was picking up baby furniture at a home in Gentilly from a woman she met at a doctor's office during a recent prenatal visit. She said the woman's name was Nicole Johnson and she had recently lost a child, which is why she was donating her furniture to Ashley Eiffert.
    I know I have heard this type of story before. Woman befriends pregnant woman and gets said pregnant woman to an undisclosed location in order to remove the fetus and keep it. I'll have to dig out some specific examples later.

Ashley went over to get it and got on the phone, waiting on a truck from her boyfriend, and she waited and waited, they were arguing on the phone," said Eiffert. "She went to get in her car to take off and leave, and her car didn't start. So she walked across the street to the shell station, that's what Nicole Johnson told me, and I've never seen her since."
    So someone (police? YE?) did speak with this Nicole. But from the below, they can't find her now. (Hinky.)

It was months later that her parents finally discovered her car. But even now, there are new developments and discrepancies in the case. As WDSU was trying to track down the location where she was last seen, we discovered that address doesn't exist.

"There is no 4500 block of Demontluzin Street," said Detective Winston Harbin, with New Orleans Police Department.
    WTF?!?! How was Ashley's last known location not verified immediately, especially whenever LE or YE presumably spoke to this Nicole???

Detectives are now trying to track down her former boyfriend, Joseph Hill, the woman who had last saw her alive or any of her friends who might have information to add to this cold case.

"Anybody who knows Miss Nicole Johnson, please have her call me so I can get an accurate address on her and we can finally sit down and talk with her," said Harbin. "It's just a piece of the puzzle, but put them altogether and then I can make sense out of it and that's what I'm hoping to gather from this."
    I would like to know if LE verified that "Nicole Johnson" was also a patient at Ashley's baby doc. Why else would they have met at her prenatal appointment? If NJ's story of how she met Ashley is true, I would assume she was there for her some sort of follow up from "recently losing a child."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by miamaia; 04-19-2017 at 10:55 PM.

there was another case in LA of taking a fetus, as well as in CO and also fresno CA, that perp was named josefina Sonia saldana, I don't remember the other names

Quote Originally Posted by miamaia View Post
    I know I have heard this type of story before. Woman befriends pregnant woman and gets said pregnant woman to an undisclosed location in order to remove the fetus and keep it. I'll have to dig out some specific examples later.

So someone (police? YE?) did speak with this Nicole. But from the below, they can't find her now. (Hinky.)

WTF?!?! How was Ashley's last known location not verified immediately, especially whenever LE or YE presumably spoke to this Nicole???

I would like to know if LE verified that "Nicole Johnson" was also a patient at Ashley's baby doc. Why else would they have met at her prenatal appointment? If NJ's story of how she met Ashley is true, I would assume she was there for her some sort of follow up from "recently losing a child."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recent interview with Ashley's mother:

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/u...09_13_32-07_00