WA WA - Diane Gilchrist, 14, Vancouver, 29 May 1974

Romulus

Reaction score
3714DFWA - Diane Sue Gilchrist

3714DFWA.jpg
3714DFWA1.jpg

The image on the right is age-progressed to 54 years.

Name:
Diane Sue Gilchrist
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: May 29, 1974
Location Last Seen: Vancouver, Clark County, Washington

Physical Description

Date of Birth: August 8, 1959
Race: White
Height: 4'10"
Weight: 100 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry/shoulder length
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Per law enforcement, Diane was last seen on May 29, 1974. She left her home to runaway and never returned.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Clark County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Dennis Hunter
Agency Phone Number: 360-397-2211
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: S06-17112

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 20347

Information Source(s)

NamUs
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Doe Network link http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3714dfwa.html

Unfortunately I am gonna have to agree that this girl was most likely a victim of Warren Forrest. So many young girls went missing in Clark County during this timeframe who were last seen getting into a van. Forrest owned a 1973 blue van and was known to use it to abduct several girls from that area of Washington. Her body is most likely near or in a county park, but they are so large and vast that hopefully someone has or will happen upon it. I will keep this girl and her family in my prayers.

WA, Diana Sue Gilchrist, 14 Caucasian Female, Vancouver, 1974

3714DFWA The Doe Network

3714DFWA - Diane Sue Gilchrist

Circumstances of Disappearance
Per law enforcement, Diane was last seen on May 29, 1974. She left her home to runaway and never returned.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Clark County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Dennis Hunter
Agency Phone Number: 360-397-2211
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: S06-17112

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 203473714DFWA1.jpg
3714DFWA.jpg

This may be a stretch but I have been comparing Diane’s details against a NY Jane Doe found in 2003. There is a list of 30+ exclusions and she is not on it. All the stats add up, and curious if anyone is familiar with this case. Midtown Jane Doe

Locations where known/possible Forrest victims were found:

December 7, 1971 - Jaime Grissim (16) - Body not found, personal items found near Dole Valley in Yalcot, WA.

Feb 11, 1972 - Barbara Ann Derry (18) - Body found near the Ceder Creek Gist Mill in Woodland, WA.

May 31, 1974 - Gloria Nadine Knutson (19) - Body found in a forested area near Lacamas Lake in Camas, WA.

July 11, 1974 - Krista Blake - Body found near Battle Ground, WA

August 4, 1974 - Carol Platt Valenzuela (20) - Body found in Dole Valley in Yalcot, WA.

September 1, 1974 - Martha Morrison (17) - Body found in Dole Valley in Yalcot, WA, near Valenzuela's body.

Surviving victims:

Norma Country: July 17, 1974, abducted while hitch hiking in Ridgefield. Escaped from Tukes Mountain.

21-year-old woman: Oct. 1, 1974, abducted in downtown. Survived attack at Lacamas Lake.

All the above locations are east of I-5, and North East of Vancouver/Portland

Last edited:
Article from 2018

"Jerri Mitchell thinks about Diane Gilchrist a lot, especially on Aug. 8, which would be their 59th birthdays — if Diane is still alive.

“I miss her, I’ve missed her all these years,” Jerri said. “She was my first real friend.”

Diane disappeared 44 years ago. She was just 14 years old.

They were 9th graders at Shumway Junior High School in downtown Vancouver. Both had rough childhoods.

“I’ve always though of kids like her and I, we get lost in the world,” Jerri said. “We are the ones that if we disappear, no one cares. And that’s what I saw with Diane. Nobody cared when she disappeared. I never had anyone come ask me. I was her best friend when she disappeared.”

Accompanying video

Last edited:
There was a cold case solved this week in CT, a girl who was born in Idaho, lived in NY/PA possibly Vermont. Somehow she ended up in CT. Sometimes a victim ends up far from home, and the west coast in general was a hot bed serial killers hunting grounds in the 1970s. Many women went missing and were asssumed to be victims. I can’t help but wonder if this is just one of those cases that gets overlooked in some way. Hair color slightly off/age estimate a few years off etc. The Doe Network has a pretty detailed page for Midtown Jane Doe Doe Network Midtown Jane Doe

Another reason I feel that Diane maybe is not a Forrest victim is here age, his victims are older teens. If this photo of Diane was taken at 14 she looks awfully young for her age. As awful as the scenario seems, her age puts her in prime sexual grooming age and she could have linked up w someone who ended up taking her out of state. NYC in the 1970/ was at the time an open air sex market, and child prostitution was rampant. Breaks my heart.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brentr
Back