CONVICTION OVERTURNED OH - Heidi Taylor, 40, murdered, Champaign County, 6 April 2017

Tillicum

Reaction score
Nicholas: I’m, I am so scared. I didn’t — I — I didn’t want to kill her. I hate Jeff so much. He’s — he — he’s going to make me die in prison.

Nicholas: Just no Tasing or pepper spray or nothing like that? I swear I am not going to hurt anybody else. It wasn’t my fault. I’m just hurt.

These 2 statements sounds strange and seem to conflict a little. idk
At what age does schizophrenia start? I though it was a little older but I could be wrong.

Donovan Nicholas — a slightly-built, 14-year-old eighth-grader who stands not much over five feet tall — laid in wait at his rural Champaign County home for his father’s longtime girlfriend Thursday night, lured her in and then killed her as he had planned, a county prosecutor said Friday.

-----------------------

Talebi asked that Nicholas continue to be held in detention because he said the teen told sheriff’s deputies after his arrest that his intention was to flee after the killing but that he had injured his leg.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170407/14-year-old-champaign-county-boy-charged-with-murder

wow ... not sure what to think either

That 911 transcript was so heart wrenching for me to read.

This is one to watch. Very interesting.

Nicholas: I’m, I am so scared. I didn’t — I — I didn’t want to kill her. I hate Jeff so much. He’s — he — he’s going to make me die in prison.

Nicholas: Just no Tasing or pepper spray or nothing like that? I swear I am not going to hurt anybody else. It wasn’t my fault. I’m just hurt.

These 2 statements sounds strange and seem to conflict a little. idk
At what age does schizophrenia start? I though it was a little older but I could be wrong.

Multiple personality disorder (or dissociative disorder) is a personality disorder and not the same thing as schizophrenia. You're right schizophrenia usually shows up in late teens or 20s.

When I first heard about the murder I didn't know about the alternate personality claim. Learning about it later, I thought he was making it up. Then I read the 911 transcript and I'm undecided.

Multiple personality disorder (or dissociative disorder) is a personality disorder and not the same thing as schizophrenia. You're right schizophrenia usually shows up in late teens or 20s.

Thanks.

I thought those with DID didn't usually remember what happened more of a black out type thing. But really this stuff is over my head:).

When I first heard about the murder I didn't know about the alternate personality claim. Learning about it later, I thought he was making it up. Then I read the 911 transcript and I'm undecided.

It will be interesting to find out the results I believe the judge ordered an evaluation.

My initial thought is he's making it up. He was lying in wait. He had two weapons and used two.

It's heartbreaking and bizarre.

I'm curious about other details like what was his (Jeff's?) motive? Had he talked about Jeff before? Was he abused? Has he been violent before?

Were it an adult man or woman I doubt I would believe them but it's a kid and I've always been a sucker for them. He avoided the dispatcher's questions about the knife. Even changed the subject to he couldn't walk.

It's heartbreaking and bizarre.

I'm curious about other details like what was his (Jeff's?) motive? Had he talked about Jeff before? Was he abused? Has he been violent before?

3. The dispatcher asked the 14-year-old why Jeff killed Taylor.

“She always did drugs, and she totally ignored me,” Nicholas said. “Like once she hit me and she was just — she was done.”

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n...r-suspect-things-know/EjAGUCeAD4LdIYjKT6unVM/

I once knew a girl who was in treatment for an eating disorder. She would have been tenth grade at the time. She had a history of self harm. It turned out a voice in her head, who had a name, was telling her to hurt herself. The voice threatened her that if she were to tell anyone about him he would leave an/or do terrible things. It was frightening to experience as she was able to seem completely normal and interact like a young person but would occasionally go into these bizarre trances. Ten years later I believe she is doing well. But the point here is he may have been "speaking" with Jeff for sometime, but may have not wanted or may have feared telling anyone. IMO

I feel like the kid almost certainly psychiatric issues, but not schizophrenia or a multiple personality/dissociative identity kind of thing.

Without knowing anything (or at least much) of his history, I'd be looking at disruptive mood dysregulation disorder or intermittent explosive disorder, or a combination of both.

I'd guess that he has a history of severe outbursts (although not necessarily physically violent), and "Jeff" is an attempt on his part to rationalize those moments when he "goes red", i.e., completely loses control, as well as the feelings that he knows lead up to those explosions. The things that Jeff "tells" him and/or compels him to do are just part of his general inner monologue that are closely tied to extreme anger and outbursts. So basically, he's not "making it up", he just doesn't understand what's actually underlying what he's experiencing and why he's experiencing it.

["Rationalize" in the sense of an actual effort to understand them, not exactly to minimize them--I think it's unlikely that he actually has a diagnosis, but would meet the criteria for one].

Ever meet someone who drinks a lot and has an "alter ego" they reference after the fact when they black out? Like, "Oh man, sorry about last night, Henry was definitely out and about, it was wild". Similar to that in the sense of having a somewhat legitimate lack of awareness and control, except in the Henry example it IS an attempt to minimize.

I think it's also important to note that his hatred for Jeff is because he knows he is in trouble for what happened, NOT because Jeff killed someone that he refers to as "mom".

According to his attorney...no history of violence.

im thinking possible RAD. the dad has had custody for 11 years. this means his mother left/ceased to have custody when he was 3.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back