Found Deceased WA - Zach Krull, 20, Lake Cushman/Mount Skokomish Wilderness, 8 April 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
20-year-old Zach Krull's father said on Tuesday that his son went camping and hiking on Saturday and had been missing for more than 24 hours.

Zach’s last known location was near the Lake Cushman/Mount Skokomish wilderness areas.

zach%20krull_20170412163017871_7764487_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/sea...ker-missing-in-mount-skokomish-area/511878942

I saw someone I know who lives in WA post about it a few days ago, but it hadnt hit MSM yet so I couldn't start a post. It looks like the family is really involved in trying to locate him.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

His photos are amazing. Hope he is found soon.

As a friend of the father, I registered here to thank anyone who can help locate his son. We are trying to find hiker 'sleuths" in the area who are willing to assist. We are across the country and feel helpless.

From the father: "If you are in Olympic National Forest, in Jefferson County, Mason County or near Lake Cushman/Mt Skokomish Wilderness Areas (his last known location), please let us know if you see him or have any information. FindZachKrull@gmail.com"

[FONT=&amp]FB Page for Find Zach with clothing & equipment: [/FONT]https://www.facebook.com/TheOlympicMtns/[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

As a friend of the father, I registered here to thank anyone who can help locate his son. We are trying to find hiker 'sleuths" in the area who are willing to assist. We are across the country and feel helpless.
Welcome.
I'm sorry that your friends son is missing.
I hope he is found safe and soon.

Welcome SuzPGree! I am so sorry about Zach and I hope they find him soon. This post will bump up the page and maybe sleuths in your area will see it.

They are doing an excellent job on Zach's Find page! They have pictures of all of his equipment, even flashlight and utensils. I have never seen such detail of things to look out for. Amazing!

We can only hope he is found ok. We know the temperatures are very low at night. He was suppose to be camping overnight/weekend. Last seen Sat and missing since sunday (update from father).

They had to suspend search due to "dangerous conditions". ?!?! I just want to get his story out there in every corner to help the family. THANK YOU for any and all help!!

Edit: Dangerous conditions: "Snow and avalanche conditions have made visibility and the hunt for him very off-and-on. Hoping he's hunkered down somewhere while waiting for rescue.

Thank you for your insight and response.

Yes, there is another missing hiker from April 5th, Jacob (about 3 days earlier than Zach). Snow and avalanche conditions created a dangerous recipe here. SAR are challenged due to the conditions as well

I appreciate the post

Thank you for your insight and response.

Yes, there is another missing hiker from April 5th, Jacob (about 3 days earlier than Zach). Snow and avalanche conditions created a dangerous recipe here. SAR are challenged due to the conditions as well

I appreciate the post

It sounds like terrible back country conditions out there lately. One death last week from the avalanche. I truly pray he found shelter and waiting it out. Please keep us updated.

Unsure if anyone posted this link:

http://www.ifiberonenewsradio.com/n...cle_e2e4554a-208a-11e7-9417-6312b3a1bf82.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen information as to whether Zach was backpacking / camping alone. Does anyone know? TIA

Hoping and praying that he and Jacob are both found safe and very soon.

I'm so sorry Zach is missing. I'm about an hour from the area and husband and I will head there this weekend to search. We also thought we might drive down the road and just see if anything looks out of place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back