810 users online (106 members and 704 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,228

    OR - Harold Hardesty, 86, Ashland, 10 April 2017

    Long-time Ashland resident Harold Hardesty, 86, is missing. He was last seen on Monday morning leaving his home in the 1200 block of Oak Street, wearing a white knit hat, a black hooded rain jacket, blue jeans and white shoes.

    Jackson County Search and Rescue have been actively searching for him since Wednesday. He is said to have dementia and to become easily disoriented.

    Anyone with information about Hardesty's whereabouts is asked to contact the sheriff's office at 541-774-6800.




    http://www.dailytidings.com/news/201...ing-in-ashland

    https://kobi5.com/news/elderly-man-r...nd-home-50822/

    http://ktvl.com/news/local/police-lo...-with-dementia

    http://www.kdrv.com/story/35144884/j...-with-dementia
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,228
    Harold is a local legend, having raced stock cars very successfully in his youth and acquired quite a collection of cars. He even has a restored gas station on his 20 acres.

    http://www.dailytidings.com/news/201...ing-in-ashland

    Jackson County Sheriff Office FB page with comments from many who know him.

    https://www.facebook.com/JacksonCoun...type=3&theater
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,228
    My husband once spotted Harold's old gas station from the freeway, and he and a friend drove down the road leading to it. As they drove, they realized it was private property, but Harold came out and was kind enough to give them a tour. Here he is, standing in front (from the link below).




    Link has a lot of info about Harold's racing career.
    https://chroniclesoftheacres.com/201...rold-hardesty/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,116
    I wonder why they waited until Wednesday to start searching for him, now it's almost Friday already. I remember one night a few years ago, it was the middle of the night and we were awakened by a lot of noise and lights. It was helicopters flying around shining spotlights, there were people all over with flashlights as well. We couldn't imagine, I thought at first it was some type of invasion, LOL. But no, come to find out they were searching for an elderly man with Alzheimer's who had gone missing in our community sometime earlier that night. He was found the next morning in someone's storage building, he was fine. I think the chances of finding a missing person are greater the sooner the search is started. I hope he's found safe and sound.

    BTW, what a cool old service station. My DH is a car collector and would love that.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,228
    If I have figured out the location of Harold's property correctly, it is back off of Oak Street, between Bear Creek and Ashland Creek near the sewage treatment plant. All of these can be hazardous. We have had chilly weather the past few days and nights.

    https://www.google.com/maps/place/42...1!1e3?hl=en-US
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,228
    Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    I wonder why they waited until Wednesday to start searching for him, now it's almost Friday already. I remember one night a few years ago, it was the middle of the night and we were awakened by a lot of noise and lights. It was helicopters flying around shining spotlights, there were people all over with flashlights as well. We couldn't imagine, I thought at first it was some type of invasion, LOL. But no, come to find out they were searching for an elderly man with Alzheimer's who had gone missing in our community sometime earlier that night. He was found the next morning in someone's storage building, he was fine. I think the chances of finding a missing person are greater the sooner the search is started. I hope he's found safe and sound.

    BTW, what a cool old service station. My DH is a car collector and would love that.
    I agree, the earlier they start a search, the better, but I don't believe anyone knew he was missing until Wednesday. I expect he lives alone, but I'm not sure. I certainly hope he is in a shed somewhere.

    Regarding the dementia label....Reading one of the articles and some comments, not everyone realized he had dementia. This is often the case with families and friends. I suspect, based on personal experience with an elderly friend with dementia, that Harold is good at covering it up/compensating and is very independent. It may not be too far advanced yet, so that he can function and refuse help. This is the case with our friend. Up until a year ago he was living alone and his dementia wasn't alarming...just a little forgetful and repetitive. He could navigate downtown Ashland just fine on foot. He could have been missing a couple of days without his friends noticing. Not because we don't care, but because he doesn't like to be fussed over and is very resistant to help. It's a tough, sneaky disease for all involved.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    390
    Thanks for the thread, Lilbet. I'm on the losing end of round 10 with a migraine right now. Gah. Harold is a long time friend of my DHs mother and former step-father; they are worried sick.

    I called into the JCSD yesterday with a possible sighting for Harold by Rising Farms in Phoenix. I'm hopeful today is the day he's found safe.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kodi; 04-14-2017 at 09:09 AM.
    Just my
    "Time heals what reason cannot."
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,228
    Quote Originally Posted by kodi View Post
    Thanks for the thread, Lilbet. I'm on the losing end of round 10 with a migraine right now. Gah. Harold is a long time friend of my DHs mother and former step-father; they are worried sick.

    I called into the JCSD yesterday with a possible sighting for Harold by Rising Farms in Phoenix. I'm hopeful today is the day he's found safe.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope you're winning the migraine battle, kodi. Thanks for letting us know about your connection to Harold and reporting the possible sighting. I haven't seen any more news today. It's supposed to get down into the 30's tonight.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    I hope you're winning the migraine battle, kodi. Thanks for letting us know about your connection to Harold and reporting the possible sighting. I haven't seen any more news today. It's supposed to get down into the 30's tonight.
    Thank you Lilibit; it was a long battle but one in which I finally ended victorious. It has been a long day and I am left disappointed with no new news as I'm sure you are, too.

    Another night out in the cold scares me. Where are you, Harold?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just my
    "Time heals what reason cannot."
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    390
    Glad to hear you won the war, kodi. Those things​ are vicious.

    Harold sounds just like my mom, who covered up her confusion so well. I can't even imagine her outside for 2 nights. This is frightening for Harold.

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    This like like, my opinion, man. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousTBacon View Post
    Glad to hear you won the war, kodi. Those things​ are vicious.

    Harold sounds just like my mom, who covered up her confusion so well. I can't even imagine her outside for 2 nights. This is frightening for Harold.

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Thank you, TenaciousBacon, I have them far too often.

    Last night was Harold's 5th night out. It's been down in the 30's and 40's overnight and I am losing hope. If it was him I saw Thursday morning, chances are better he'll be found alive but if it wasn't him I think it's so slim. It's so frustrating and I feel so helpless.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just my
    "Time heals what reason cannot."
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    390
    I'm trying to get someone who knows him to join and become a verified insider. 🤞🏻


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just my
    "Time heals what reason cannot."
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

  13. #13
    Harold is a beloved member of the Eagles Lodge here in Medford, (Fraternal Order of Eagles), He comes to Wednesday and Friday night dinners every week. He did not come Wednesday or Friday this week, I usually serve him on Friday and he was certainly missed. We are all waiting for any information about him we can get.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Andrus View Post
    Harold is a beloved member of the Eagles Lodge here in Medford, (Fraternal Order of Eagles), He comes to Wednesday and Friday night dinners every week. He did not come Wednesday or Friday this week, I usually serve him on Friday and he was certainly missed. We are all waiting for any information about him we can get.
    Welcome, although I'm terribly sorry about the circumstances that led you here. I know many on this forum are holding Harold in their thoughts & prayers and hoping for the best. I wish there was more I could do for this gentleman, but it's hard being thousands of miles away.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Andrus View Post
    Harold is a beloved member of the Eagles Lodge here in Medford, (Fraternal Order of Eagles), He comes to Wednesday and Friday night dinners every week. He did not come Wednesday or Friday this week, I usually serve him on Friday and he was certainly missed. We are all waiting for any information about him we can get.
    Thanks so much for being here, Belinda. I've never had the pleasure of meeting Harold, but my husband had a nice encounter with him. He seems to have many friends. I hope we have good news soon.

    Since he comes to Medford twice each week, I assume he is still driving. I also assume his car isn't missing or that would have have been mentioned.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Safe TN - Margaret Lee, 16, Clarksville, 1 April 2017
    By LisaWL7TR in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-01-2017, 10:03 AM
  2. Found Safe TX - Joe Farris, 95, Little Elm, 2 April 2017
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2017, 05:59 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-01-2017, 11:27 PM
  4. Found Deceased MS - William Wright, 69, Caledonia, 10 April 2013
    By Cagle in forum Located! Information and Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 10:51 PM

Tags for this Thread