Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Driver charged with first degree murder in traffic deaths

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    136

    Driver charged with first degree murder in traffic deaths

    I wouldn't normally post local news here... if we all did, this site would be overun with stories. But I am interested to hear how others feel about this man being charged with first degree murder in these traffic deaths. This accident happened right behind my house and it was HORRIBLE! I think if more people were charged with crimes for road rage/reckless driving that it certainly would cut down the fatality rates!

    First degree is a little harsh, but this man has a history of road rage. Two innocent men were killed because of his stupidity! It could have been me or you for that matter driving home that evening.


    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...39/detail.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,386
    How terribly sad!! I think he should be charged with something...maybe 2nd degree? I sure don't know, but, IMO, this behavior has to be stopped!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Read
    I wouldn't normally post local news here... if we all did, this site would be overun with stories. But I am interested to hear how others feel about this man being charged with first degree murder in these traffic deaths. This accident happened right behind my house and it was HORRIBLE! I think if more people were charged with crimes for road rage/reckless driving that it certainly would cut down the fatality rates!

    First degree is a little harsh, but this man has a history of road rage. Two innocent men were killed because of his stupidity! It could have been me or you for that matter driving home that evening.


    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...39/detail.html


    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    28,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Read

    First degree is a little harsh,
    I don't think so at all. He was using his vehicle as a weapon and he was purposely overtaking, cutting off the victim and slamming on his brakes.

    He murdered that man.

    Maybe on the second death I would go involuntary manslaughter - because he did not know his victims truck would end up on top of another car.

    I hope he rots in jail for the lives and families he destroyed.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    I don't think so at all. He was using his vehicle as a weapon and he was purposely overtaking, cutting off the victim and slamming on his brakes.

    He murdered that man.

    Maybe on the second death I would go involuntary manslaughter - because he did not know his victims truck would end up on top of another car.

    I hope he rots in jail for the lives and families he destroyed.
    I agree with this as well. He used his vehicle as a weapon. He needs to face the consequences.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,630
    First degree sounds good to me - he knew he was causing an accident. He needs to go away, and not come back for a very long time.

    He didn't even care about what he had done - right after, he was completely indifferent to the people he had killed - that says it all. This one isn't going to learn, he hasn't through several other incidents, and if this didn't affect him, he's beyond salvage.

    But you know in court he's going to play oh so sad and miserable and pitiful

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,660
    Sounds like a good call to me. This man is a danger to everyone as long as he is out on the roads. He obviously has a problem -- perhaps he is insecure or feels inadequate and intimidating people on the highway makes him feel superior. Whatever it was, he killed two innocent people. I think life in prison is appropriate.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    4,519
    Whatever he is charged with prison time is needed. He has a SERIOUS anger problem. It's a wonder no one was injured in his other road rage incidents. He knew nothing about these people and intentionally wanted to cause them harm. A vehicle with children could have been killed for gosh sakes all because he can't control his temper! He has no business being out with the rest of us.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    I don't think so at all. He was using his vehicle as a weapon and he was purposely overtaking, cutting off the victim and slamming on his brakes.

    He murdered that man.

    Maybe on the second death I would go involuntary manslaughter - because he did not know his victims truck would end up on top of another car.

    I hope he rots in jail for the lives and families he destroyed.

    I agree with Cass.......he murdered the man on purpose.
    Society needs to take a stand on these nuts & put them away where they belong!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    136

    Judge orders murder trial in road rage killings


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,579
    It's interesting. What should happen is 2nd degree, how could they prove that his intent was to murder? I don't disagree with him being charged with murder, but I think 2nd degree might even be a reach.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,710

    yes

    I think that the charges are appropriate given the mans history and the circumstances of the incident as listed. Someone needs to be the example for the others who do road rage. Maybe we need a 3 strikes law about road rage incidents because this case shows that without it we will have people skating right through those revolving doors of justice until someone innocent dies.

  12. #12
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,080
    I think first degree fits since he has a history of using his vehicle as a weapon and showed no emotion and especially no remorse while standing 100 feet from the wrecked vehicles and the deceased.

    Society does not need people like that roaming around free.

  13. #13
    less0305's Avatar
    less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,245
    I know you can't tell everything by a picture, but if you looked at his mug shot you could absolutely see pure evil in this man. He looked as if he were inconvienced by it all and absolutely hated the world!!!!

    How tragic!!!
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    59
    I absolutely think this jerk deserves everything he gets. I've had incredibly impatient driver's behind me too. Just the other day I was behind a red car at a red light - the light then turned green and we started going...and this car ahead of me is going real slow...I mean like 15 MPH...at first I thought they weren't paying attention to the light or were just real slowly excelerating....but he kept doing that...after a little while when there was nothing in the L lane, I got around this guy and noticed it was an (believe it or not) elderly man. I thought to myself...oh, he's older, that's the reason . Anyway I'm going along and doesn't this old guy come flying up next to me (I'm still in the L lane) and passes me on the right, and I saw him look real intentional at me to get my attention - and then switches to the L lane and slows down immediately.....Well, I figured out pretty quick that he must be senile or some other whack-job, so I just backed off real quick ( I didn't need him following me home - or running me off the highway we were about to go on). He zig-zagged in an out of traffic and then turned off on a side road. His zig-zagging made no sense....it was clearly done because he was pissed - off or to irritate other driver's.
    What a crazy nut....and I always sit and wonder...Gee, what did I do? I mean, I wasn't rude to him when I passed him after that first light....he was just taking forever..... and I needed to get going -I think he may have been intentionally driving slow to challenge me.

    what a wacko...it was kind scary.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry67
    I absolutely think this jerk deserves everything he gets. I've had incredibly impatient driver's behind me too. Just the other day I was behind a red car at a red light - the light then turned green and we started going...and this car ahead of me is going real slow...I mean like 15 MPH...at first I thought they weren't paying attention to the light or were just real slowly excelerating....but he kept doing that...after a little while when there was nothing in the L lane, I got around this guy and noticed it was an (believe it or not) elderly man. I thought to myself...oh, he's older, that's the reason . Anyway I'm going along and doesn't this old guy come flying up next to me (I'm still in the L lane) and passes me on the right, and I saw him look real intentional at me to get my attention - and then switches to the L lane and slows down immediately.....Well, I figured out pretty quick that he must be senile or some other whack-job, so I just backed off real quick ( I didn't need him following me home - or running me off the highway we were about to go on). He zig-zagged in an out of traffic and then turned off on a side road. His zig-zagging made no sense....it was clearly done because he was pissed - off or to irritate other driver's.
    What a crazy nut....and I always sit and wonder...Gee, what did I do? I mean, I wasn't rude to him when I passed him after that first light....he was just taking forever..... and I needed to get going -I think he may have been intentionally driving slow to challenge me.

    what a wacko...it was kind scary.
    Oh my, almost the same thing happened to my boyfriend the other day. Some old man followed him down the highway raising his fist in the air. But he had cut my boyfriend off without looking and didn't use a signal and almost caused a wreck so my boyfriend honked and that really pissed him off. The guy was a weirdo.

    I always tell my boyfriend don't even honk. You never know who you are dealing with in the other car.

    This accident posted on this thread is terrible. The pictures of that guy just look like he is mean. And the cars ... they are mangled!
    He deserves to stay in prison for this.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,845
    I know it probably wouldn't have stopped him driving, but why on earth wasn't this man's licence revoked permanently years ago?

    at least he could have been imprisoned the next time a so-called 'road rage' incident occurred.

    i agree with PrayersForMaura -- don't even honk at a person who peeves you out there because you really never know what their anger may do.

    i avoid confrotation in cars at all costs because, well, it may end up in disaster. i'm not a slow driver and most times, when being ridiculously tailgated (a pastime most eagerly persued in Germany), i pull over at a convenient spot and let them pass cos i'm simply not interested in seeing who would come off best if there were an accident.

    as for the man in this story?

    throw the book at him and put him away for years and years and years and never allow him to drive again.

    and it's time to get tough with all lethal drivers. i back off calling it road rage because i think the phrase softens the ruinous act.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,398
    Quote Originally Posted by less0305
    I know you can't tell everything by a picture, but if you looked at his mug shot you could absolutely see pure evil in this man. He looked as if he were inconvienced by it all and absolutely hated the world!!!!

    How tragic!!!
    I don't see pure evil; I see pure pain.

    In any event, I think he deserves the charge. It is not such a stretch to think something like this would have happened eventually given his history for bullying people with a vehicle (by definition, a deadly weapon, if used agressively).
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,813
    I see evil.

    And the police said even though he was only 100 feet from the bodies he was not concerned or upset by what he had caused.
    I also imagine that driving was not the only area in his life where he had anger issues.
    I am sure that many will be spared his anger while he is in prison.
    They were seeking the DP. I wonder if they got it?

    I hope so. This guy is guilty of pre-medatated murder.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    113
    http://www.zwire.com/site/tab1.cfm?n...d=559183&rfi=6
    09/21/2006
    A Parker man charged with two counts of first-degree murder pleaded not guilty last week and will face trial in January.

    Jason Reynolds, 32, pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree murder with extreme indifference among others during an arraignment hearing Aug. 10. Arapahoe District Court Judge Marilyn Antrim scheduled a jury trial for Reynolds starting at 9 a.m. Jan. 16 at the Arapahoe County Courthouse in Englewood. Antrim also scheduled a daylong motions hearing for 8:30 a.m. Sept. 20.

    Reynolds faces life imprisonment for the first-degree murder charges and up to six years in prison for each of two counts of vehicular homicide caused by reckless driving. The charges also include two counts of violent crime causing death, which are sentence enhancers that require prison time if he is convicted.


    I saw him on the news & he even walked around with an attitude.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •