GUILTY CO - Kelvin Norman, 50, & Greg Boss, 35, die in Aurora road rage crash, 8 Nov 2005

Michelle Read

Reaction score
I wouldn't normally post local news here... if we all did, this site would be overun with stories. But I am interested to hear how others feel about this man being charged with first degree murder in these traffic deaths. This accident happened right behind my house and it was HORRIBLE! I think if more people were charged with crimes for road rage/reckless driving that it certainly would cut down the fatality rates!

First degree is a little harsh, but this man has a history of road rage. Two innocent men were killed because of his stupidity! It could have been me or you for that matter driving home that evening. :furious:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/5527239/detail.html

How terribly sad!! I think he should be charged with something...maybe 2nd degree? I sure don't know, but, IMO, this behavior has to be stopped!
Michelle Read said:
I wouldn't normally post local news here... if we all did, this site would be overun with stories. But I am interested to hear how others feel about this man being charged with first degree murder in these traffic deaths. This accident happened right behind my house and it was HORRIBLE! I think if more people were charged with crimes for road rage/reckless driving that it certainly would cut down the fatality rates!

First degree is a little harsh, but this man has a history of road rage. Two innocent men were killed because of his stupidity! It could have been me or you for that matter driving home that evening. :furious:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/5527239/detail.html

Michelle Read said:
First degree is a little harsh,
I don't think so at all. He was using his vehicle as a weapon and he was purposely overtaking, cutting off the victim and slamming on his brakes.

He murdered that man.

Maybe on the second death I would go involuntary manslaughter - because he did not know his victims truck would end up on top of another car.

I hope he rots in jail for the lives and families he destroyed.

Casshew said:
I don't think so at all. He was using his vehicle as a weapon and he was purposely overtaking, cutting off the victim and slamming on his brakes.

He murdered that man.

Maybe on the second death I would go involuntary manslaughter - because he did not know his victims truck would end up on top of another car.

I agree with this as well. He used his vehicle as a weapon. He needs to face the consequences.

First degree sounds good to me - he knew he was causing an accident. He needs to go away, and not come back for a very long time.

He didn't even care about what he had done - right after, he was completely indifferent to the people he had killed - that says it all. This one isn't going to learn, he hasn't through several other incidents, and if this didn't affect him, he's beyond salvage.

But you know in court he's going to play oh so sad and miserable and pitiful :sick:

Sounds like a good call to me. This man is a danger to everyone as long as he is out on the roads. He obviously has a problem -- perhaps he is insecure or feels inadequate and intimidating people on the highway makes him feel superior. Whatever it was, he killed two innocent people. I think life in prison is appropriate.

Whatever he is charged with prison time is needed. He has a SERIOUS anger problem. It's a wonder no one was injured in his other road rage incidents. He knew nothing about these people and intentionally wanted to cause them harm. A vehicle with children could have been killed for gosh sakes all because he can't control his temper! He has no business being out with the rest of us.

Amen to what SadieMae said. Put him away from the rest of us.

I think first degree fits since he has a history of using his vehicle as a weapon and showed no emotion and especially no remorse while standing 100 feet from the wrecked vehicles and the deceased.

Society does not need people like that roaming around free.

I know you can't tell everything by a picture, but if you looked at his mug shot you could absolutely see pure evil in this man. He looked as if he were inconvienced by it all and absolutely hated the world!!!!

How tragic!!!

I absolutely think this jerk deserves everything he gets. I've had incredibly impatient driver's behind me too. Just the other day I was behind a red car at a red light - the light then turned green and we started going...and this car ahead of me is going real slow...I mean like 15 MPH...at first I thought they weren't paying attention to the light or were just real slowly excelerating....but he kept doing that...after a little while when there was nothing in the L lane, I got around this guy and noticed it was an (believe it or not) elderly man. I thought to myself...oh, he's older, that's the reason . Anyway I'm going along and doesn't this old guy come flying up next to me (I'm still in the L lane) and passes me on the right, and I saw him look real intentional at me to get my attention - and then switches to the L lane and slows down immediately.....Well, I figured out pretty quick that he must be senile or some other whack-job, so I just backed off real quick ( I didn't need him following me home - or running me off the highway we were about to go on). He zig-zagged in an out of traffic and then turned off on a side road. His zig-zagging made no sense....it was clearly done because he was pissed - off or to irritate other driver's.
What a crazy nut....and I always sit and wonder...Gee, what did I do? I mean, I wasn't rude to him when I passed him after that first light....he was just taking forever..... and I needed to get going -I think he may have been intentionally driving slow to challenge me.

what a wacko...it was kind scary.

Casshew said:

He murdered that man.

I agree with Cass.......he murdered the man on purpose.
Society needs to take a stand on these nuts & put them away where they belong!

It's interesting. What should happen is 2nd degree, how could they prove that his intent was to murder? I don't disagree with him being charged with murder, but I think 2nd degree might even be a reach. :truce:

I think that the charges are appropriate given the mans history and the circumstances of the incident as listed. Someone needs to be the example for the others who do road rage. Maybe we need a 3 strikes law about road rage incidents because this case shows that without it we will have people skating right through those revolving doors of justice until someone innocent dies.

I agree with the charges. If the charges are downgraded to second-degree, that would be appropriate also, IMO. Just out of curiosity, does Colorado have the death penalty?

I'll try to make a long story short here. I was the target threats of violence with an automobile by an ex-neighbor (because he thought I was driving too fast by his house). My husband put a stop to the threats though, man-to-man, if you know what I mean.

I even saw this same psychobilly neighbor driving a (basically stolen) truck chasing down another neighbor who was riding an ATV (I know ATVs are not legal on the road, but we do live in the sticks :innocent: ). This was after the psycho neighbor had deliberately swerved to run over and kill the other neighbor's puppy in the edge of his yard. Of course, the Sheriff's Department/prosecutors did nothing about this.

This same psycho had numerous times over several years chased down teenagers whom he thought were driving too fast by his house and last year he even chased down our local police (constable) because, surprise, he thought the constable was driving too fast by his house. And he got out of that one too, cause his meth-head buddy (whose daddy is rich) talked the police out of arresting him because the psycho was out of prison on parole for growing marijuana.

Did I mention that this same psycho was convicted and served a measly two years for vehicular homicide in the death of a 13-year-old girl in the early 1990s? This was before the above-described incidents.

Thank the goddesses this man has moved from his shack. (I just hope his trashy mama won't ever let him move back in it).

Yes, I think it's high time things like this were treated like the violent crimes they are, setting valuable legal precedents.

AdoraBlue said:
I agree with the charges. If the charges are downgraded to second-degree, that would be appropriate also, IMO. Just out of curiosity, does Colorado have the death penalty?

AdoraBlue~ Colorado does have the death penalty and this man is facing it. I do believe this will be a precedent setting case here. Intent will be hard to prove, but this man's history shows that he has committed road rage more then once.

As I stated when I first posted the article, this accident happened right behind my house. I can only think over and over that this could have been me driving home that night. The thought of my daughter or anyone else's children having to be raised without their parents becaue of someone's ignorance just makes me fume! :furious: It will be interesting to see how this plays out in Court.

Sherry67 said:
I absolutely think this jerk deserves everything he gets. I've had incredibly impatient driver's behind me too. Just the other day I was behind a red car at a red light - the light then turned green and we started going...and this car ahead of me is going real slow...I mean like 15 MPH...at first I thought they weren't paying attention to the light or were just real slowly excelerating....but he kept doing that...after a little while when there was nothing in the L lane, I got around this guy and noticed it was an (believe it or not) elderly man. I thought to myself...oh, he's older, that's the reason . Anyway I'm going along and doesn't this old guy come flying up next to me (I'm still in the L lane) and passes me on the right, and I saw him look real intentional at me to get my attention - and then switches to the L lane and slows down immediately.....Well, I figured out pretty quick that he must be senile or some other whack-job, so I just backed off real quick ( I didn't need him following me home - or running me off the highway we were about to go on). He zig-zagged in an out of traffic and then turned off on a side road. His zig-zagging made no sense....it was clearly done because he was pissed - off or to irritate other driver's.
What a crazy nut....and I always sit and wonder...Gee, what did I do? I mean, I wasn't rude to him when I passed him after that first light....he was just taking forever..... and I needed to get going -I think he may have been intentionally driving slow to challenge me.

what a wacko...it was kind scary.
Oh my, almost the same thing happened to my boyfriend the other day. Some old man followed him down the highway raising his fist in the air. But he had cut my boyfriend off without looking and didn't use a signal and almost caused a wreck so my boyfriend honked and that really pissed him off. The guy was a weirdo.

I always tell my boyfriend don't even honk. You never know who you are dealing with in the other car.

This accident posted on this thread is terrible. The pictures of that guy just look like he is mean. And the cars ... they are mangled! :(
He deserves to stay in prison for this.

I know it probably wouldn't have stopped him driving, but why on earth wasn't this man's licence revoked permanently years ago?

at least he could have been imprisoned the next time a so-called 'road rage' incident occurred.

i agree with PrayersForMaura -- don't even honk at a person who peeves you out there because you really never know what their anger may do.

i avoid confrotation in cars at all costs because, well, it may end up in disaster. i'm not a slow driver and most times, when being ridiculously tailgated (a pastime most eagerly persued in Germany), i pull over at a convenient spot and let them pass cos i'm simply not interested in seeing who would come off best if there were an accident.

as for the man in this story?

throw the book at him and put him away for years and years and years and never allow him to drive again.

and it's time to get tough with all lethal drivers. i back off calling it road rage because i think the phrase softens the ruinous act. :furious:

Maybe "road rage" should be called "vehicular violence." I mean who hasn't gotten angry (or at the very least had cause to ;) ) behind the wheel; however, feeling angry and remaining calm is a huge difference between feeling angry and using your automobile as a weapon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back