Australia - Jai, 10, Tyler, 7, & Bailey Farquharson, 2, drowned, 4 Sept 2005

aussiegran

Reaction score
POLICE yesterday charged Robert Farquharson with the murder of his three young sons, who drowned when the car he was driving plunged into a dam near Geelong in Victoria on Father's Day.

Mr Farquharson escaped from the car before it sank in the dam off the Princes Highway near Winchelsea, but his children, Jai, 10, Tyler, 7, and Bailey, 2, drowned.

He later told police he had a coughing fit and lost consciousness as the car left the road. He told them he only awoke when the car was in the dam, at about 7pm on September 4.

Mr Farquharson said he then scrambled from the sedan but could not rescue his children before the car sank in seven metres of freezing water.

Detectives believe the boys managed to free themselves from their seat belts but were unable to escape from the car as it sunk nose first into the dam. It is likely that one of the older boys freed Bailey, who was in a child restraint in the back seat.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/dad-held-over-dam-plunge-deaths/2005/12/14/1134500916759.html
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Poor little boys:( I wish we had DP for this type of .I would drown trying to save my kids .sounds like the older boy tried to save the toddler .

and it was mums idea for him to take the boys...maybe Im wrong but something doesnt seem right.

How is it that they died and he didn't, what did he just help himself get out :confused:

I havent heard of this case before, strange things always happen in Victoria...there and South Australia:waitasec:

It's very possible that the father wasn't showing any signs of doing something like this. The article says they were estranged and it was her idea the children spend Fathers Day with their dad. It very well may be the mother can not accept the fact he commited murder because knowing she put her babies into his care would then drive her insane. Losing your 3 children to a terrible accident would be difficult enough, knowing it was done intentional could drive her over the edge.

OB

you have a good point OB ....blaming him would be like blaming herself

Those little boys are such dolls. How could he do that to his little boys just to get back at their mother? It is just so horrible. He must not have wanted to seperate and then she gets a boyfriend and is pregnant by the boyfriend. Must have really ticked him off. I hope he is in prison for the rest of his life. Maybe he should find out Susan Smith's address and they could become pen pals and exchange stories of how they drowned their little boys. I hope someone gets him in jail or prison. He won't have an easy time after what he has done.

Im wondering what else will come out of this story...as Narla has said above....how come he made it out and the boys didnt.The oldest boy was 10..nearly old enough to save himself or at least put up a good struggle...maybe these poor little boys were unconcious before the truck went into the dam.

There were hysterical scenes in a Melbourne court this afternoon as Robert Farquarkson was found guilty of murdering his three sons by driving them into a farm dam.
He committed this crime on fathers day 2005 to make his exwife pay by taking away the most important things to her.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=302934

Dingo I just saw that on the news, the grandmother of the children was stretchered out and the mother fainted, both were taken to hospital.
I cannot fathom why people do these horrid things to their innocent little children.

Seeing their little happy faces in the picture is heartbreaking......its hard to know what makes some people tick.The oldest boy was 10 ........old enough to escape you,d think...I wonder if he drugged them or something?

Seeing their little happy faces in the picture is heartbreaking......its hard to know what makes some people tick.The oldest boy was 10 ........old enough to escape you,d think...I wonder if he drugged them or something?
If the father did do it intentionally as he has been charged with their murder, I would think he maybe could have given them something or made sure the windows were up and with the force of the water unable to get them opened, how could the father swim away and leave them there just to get back at his ex wife, those poor children and their mother and grandmother.

This is such a heartbreaking story. Seeing the poor mother and her family suffering so much pain. That was his evil intention, to make the mother suffer..because she left him!

He certainly has control issues...but hes not going to have much control where he,s going.....although he proberly wont be in there for too long:mad:
The poor mother has a lifetime of pain ahead of her because of his selfish murdering actions:mad: .

I cannot get those dear sweet boys images out of my head. How very, very sad for this family. :(

There is a reason I never entered the police acadamy. I know I would feel the need to take the law into my own hands when it comes to ANYONE who hurts a child.

I think it is extra sad when these monsters hurt their own children....I just cant understand it.

0510_farquharson_lg_a.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10