MA - Aaron Hernandez, N E Patriots player, charged with homicides, commits suicide #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateB

Reaction score
verdict

[video=youtube;AsLoC27nXxU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsLoC27nXxU[/video]

Christina Hager‏ @HagerWBZ
DA Dan Conley says victims' relatives are "devastated" #AaronHernandez #wbz

DA Dan Conley regarding victims' families: a lot of sorrow down there. A lot of grief. #AaronHernandez #wbz

DA Conley: What Alexander Bradley told us...checked out. #AaronHernandez #wbz

DA Dan Conley points out there was no video of the murders, suggests more cameras in the city would help solve crimes. #AaronHernandez #wbz

DA Conley: These were 2 hard-working humble Cape Verdian immigrants...2 good young men. #AaronHernandez #wbz

DA Conley says fact that #AaronHernandez is serving a life sentence on another conviction gives families in Boston case some comfort. #wbz

WHAT? I haven't followed the trial at all, but I do remember his arrest. How on earth did he get away with this? I guess I better go read the trial thread.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

can anyone provide the brief statement of the jury? Seems like they were all there.

#AaronHernandez now returns to his home at the max security Souza Baranowski prison while defense team works on appeal of Odin Lloyd murder.

#AaronHernandez now returns to his home at the max security Souza Baranowski prison while defense team works on appeal of Odin Lloyd murder.

Watch them grant him an appeal.

Why don't they give it up? Does anyone really want him out of jail?

I know, I know. Money, notoriety...

can anyone provide the brief statement of the jury? Seems like they were all there.

They only gave a quick sentence & left... probably to go hide!

Chris Villani‏ @ChrisVillani44
Replying to @ChrisVillani44
Stringer: "we based our decision on the evidence and the law," that's all, they've left #AaronHernandez

Yep, that's Baez...

Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel Conley said the victims' families were devastated by the verdicts as well as by the defense's portrayal of the men as "gang bangers" and "drug dealers."

"These were two hardworking, humble, Cape Verdean immigrants," Conley said. "It was unnecessary and it was wrong, and it shouldn't have been done."

"One of the victims' relatives said, 'At least he's not walking out the door today,'" Conley said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tight-end-aaron-hernandez-double-murder-trial

wow ... wasn't expecting that

So, given that the jury offered so little in the way they came to this decision, I'm left to believe that they didn't find Alexander Bradley credible. How they ignored everything else - the car being hidden away, etc. to come to this verdict is beyond me. Disappointed in the verdict but at least AH isn't walking out the doors free as a bird like Casey Anthony did.

Anyone think this jury is going to get alot of backlash? Obviously not like Casey did but still wonder?

Oh myyyyyyyyy. I do wonder if he will get an appeal now for OL.

Anyone think this jury is going to get alot of backlash? Obviously not like Casey did but still wonder?

I think they will go quietly..they were all standing there and indeed it was a very diverse jury...Ms. Stringer looked exactly as expected and will be interested to find out that Baez was concerned about her...frankly I get it...she did stand out from the rest on the jury...just an observation. It apparently worked to their advantage. I think this "team" is going to take over the appeal from the court appointed attys now that they won this...they called him a "wonderful young man" and I can just imagine the victims' families listening to that.

And this means that Baez is celebrating and stuffing his chipmunk cheeks with lobstah!
I do not get this at all.

Couldn't bring myself to watch this trial, but I watched the first one if full. This is horrible!

I hate the verdict, so very disappointing, but not totally surprising -- juries really like eyewitnesses (very weak evidence in many cases, IMO) - but I guess they didn't buy it this time. But my lack of surprise has nothing, N.O.T.H.I.N.G to do with Baez. There was pretty strong evidence, but the eyewitness may have overshadowed all of that. I also wonder if one juror (no idea who) may have influenced jurors that weren't sure. I think Baez saw the potential weakness of the eyewitness & decided to take the case. Dayam, I hate that. I can just see him strut and preen before the world... ack...ick...retch... :(

So sorry to hear this terrible news. Had only followed this a little in recent months, but it's kind of shocking. If you have a lot of money for dream teams of attorneys....We've seen these verdicts before in similar cases.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/14/jose-baez-aaron-hernandez-double-murder/

Aaron Hernandez's lawyer, Jose Baez, is adamant the ex-NFL star is "not a killer" -- and says the jury in his double murder case GOT IT RIGHT with the not guilty verdict.

Baez says there was "an abundance" of reasonable doubt in the case -- and tells us he's very happy for Aaron and his family now that the former New England Patriots tight end has been exonerated.
So, what's next for Hernandez? Baez says he'll start taking a look at Aaron's other murder case in the hopes of overturning the conviction.

Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member