GUILTY TX - Molly Matheson, 22, strangled in her Fort Worth home, 10 Apr 2017 *Arrest*

liltexans

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Authorities in Texas said Wednesday there were no signs of forced entry into a woman’s garage apartment where she was found strangled to death in her bathroom.

Fort Worth police Sgt. Joe Loughman said they could not reveal whether 22-year-old Molly Matheson knew the person who killed her. He added that Matheson likely died sometime between Sunday night and Monday morning. Matheson was discovered in her bathroom by her mother Monday afternoon.

Officials at Texas Christian University said Matheson did not attend the school but lived on the same street where students do live, Fox 4 News reported. Officials added they were disturbed by the crime.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/1...into-apartment-where-woman-was-strangled.html

Molly Matheson was discovered unconscious by her mother Tracy in her upscale home in Fort Worth.

She was not a student at TCU but was renting a garage apartment in a home nearby, and was discovered by her mother Tracy in the bathroom.

WFAA reported that Sergeant Joe Loughman from Fort Worth Police said yesterday there was no sign of forced entry but they could not say whether Molly knew her killer.

Tributes have begun to pour in for the former sorority member of Alpha Delta Phi, who has been described as 'funny, kind, and wise beyond her years.'

She graduated from Keller Timber Creek High School in Winter Park, Florida.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...irl-s-murder-Texas-deepens.html#ixzz4eLJ5lh1a

"She could take your bad mood and turn it around with her wonderful sense of humor," Stephanie Almand, her sorority sister at Arkansas, told TCU 360. "She had a sense of wisdom about her that made her easy to talk to. She would always say, 'Oh yeah, that kind of happened to me when ... ' and she would start on some story that made you feel better, whether it was related or not.

"She was always doing something crazy to make you laugh," Almand continued. "She was the kind of girl who would give everyone nicknames and have a catch phrase with everyone."

Matheson attended Keller Timber Creek High School, the same school as Zuzu Verk, the 21-year-old college student who was killed last year in Texas. Verk's boyfriend was charged with murder last month.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-strangled-medical-examiner-article-1.3047112

FORT WORTH -- <snip>

The medical examiner&#8217;s web site says Matheson was found fatally strangled in her bathroom on Monday afternoon. Police said the victim&#8217;s mother found her. The homeowner came in after the discovery.

Police didn&#8217;t say if there were any immediate suspects, but stayed on the scene throughout Tuesday evening.

A man who lives in the main home on the property said he could not comment on the investigation.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/woman-found-strangled-in-fort-worth-apartment/430490260

CASAREZ: And it is that question police are trying to answer. Was Molly Matheson targeted, or was this a random act? Now, here`s what we do know at this point. Though she lived just two blocks off campus, Molly was not a student at TCU but did know the area very well, having graduated from high school in Fort Worth.

PRIMETIME JUSTICE producer Stacey Newman has been working this story all day. Stacey, this is a very fresh case. The facts are still coming in tonight. What do we know?

STACEY NEWMAN, PRIMETIME JUSTICE PRODUCER: Well, Jean, what we know right now is this 22-year-old, as you said, was found strangled in a bathroom.

She was renting this apartment above a garage behind this home. As you said, this a very upscale community. That community is on edge.

Now, an interesting fact we`ve learned is that police have said they`re looking for a suspect or suspects, and would not comment when asked about possible forced entry that location, Jean, being in a bathroom and being strangled -- was she caught off guard while she was in the bathroom getting ready, or was she dragged into the bathroom against her will and strangled there. We also have not learned yet if this strangulation was manual or ligature.

CASAREZ: And Stacey, we`re looking at right now the home where she had the apartment, renting it above the garage, a very nice area near campus.

Elizabeth Campbell is joining us tonight. She is a reporter for TCU 360. She joins us from Fort Worth. Elizabeth, thank you. First of all, what is the area like that we are watching right now on camera, University Place, where this young woman was strangled?

ELIZABETH CAMPBELL, TCU 360 (via telephone): Well, as you mentioned before, it`s right by campus. There are many TCU students who live on that street. Even more walk past that street every day to get to campus. I walk past that street every day from my apartment. So it`s definitely not an area where you`d expect something like this to happen.

CASAREZ: Wow. Wow. And this assailant, this perpetrator of this vicious crime is loose. Authorities are looking for him tonight. They are searching. This is a very active investigation.

[20:05:00]Elizabeth, what do you know at this point? Because you`re right there near the crime scene. What are the facts that you have gathered from police and law enforcement tonight?

CAMPBELL: So what we can confirm today is she`s actually a Tarrant County College student. She started there last summer in 2016 and she was a full-time student there now, so not a TCU student. But there are TCU students who knew her from home in Arkansas. As of now, TCU police aren`t working with Fort Worth police in the investigation, but TCU announced today that they are stepping up the number of TCU police officers and they`re expanding the areas they`re patrolling around campus.

CASAREZ: Now, Elizabeth...

CAMPBELL: They`ve also hired off-duty Fort Worth police officers to help, as well.

CASAREZ: Very, very important, extremely important. Now, Elizabeth, it`s actually her mother that found her. And just describe for us where authorities are saying that she was strangled in her apartment.

CAMPBELL: So that area -- it`s the apartment above the garage is what her neighbors have told us, and like I said before, it`s an area with lots of TCU students (INAUDIBLE) TCU community (ph). When we were out there covering the story, neighbors were coming up to talk to us. It`s a very "you know your neighbors" kind of area.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1704/12/ptab.01.html

Matheson, who grew up in Florida, attended the University of Arkansas before moving to the area adjacent to the TCU campus. She lived within walking distance of*the school&#8217;s art gallery and chapel.

Matheson&#8217;s brother, Nick Matheson, paid tribute to his sister on Twitter, writing, &#8220;I can&#8217;t say much but I will say this. You damn better love everyone in your life as much as you possibly can. I miss you so much Molly.&#8221;

While investigators continue to search for clues, and tell PEOPLE that they will continue to investigate the case until they have answers.

http://people.com/crime/molly-matheson-woman-strangled-texas-christian-university/

Leaders of a Central Florida church say a young woman who was recently murdered in Texas used to be a part of the congregation.

They say Molly Matheson pretty much grew up at First United Methodist Church in Winter Park and was recently in town for a visit.

I remarked to a friend that she looked better than I've ever seen her, she just looked happy and content and in a good place so this is just devastating,&#8221; said Laura Toshie, who works at the church and knew Matheson.

http://www.fox35orlando.com/news/local-news/248035478-story

attachment.php

https://www.tcu360.com/2017/04/woman-found-strangled-to-death-near-tcu/

Attachments

• molly.jpg
    molly.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 906
Thank you for posting about Molly. I originally joined this site to follow Libby and Abby's story.

I never thought this would happen in my circle. I hope for her family's sake this is solved quickly. While I never met Molly, I have met her Father and he is a good man. Hoping for swift justice for Molly and her family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Molly Matheson, 22, enrolled at TCC last summer and was taking classes on NE Campus this spring, executive director of communications, public relations and marketing Suzanne Groves said.

Officers were called to the residence around 4:30 p.m. April 10 when she was found in a bathtub strangled to death, Officer Jimmy Pollozani said.

She was found at her residence in the 2600 block of Waits Avenue, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner&#8217;s office.

http://collegian.tccd.edu/?p=32691

Molly's Twitter handle is @mollyjanee12. She seemed to be pretty active on Twitter and even mentioned living alone. :(

Sounds like Molly must have known her killer.

This is beautiful part of town developed in the 1930's. Very well-kept, residential property values start around $500K and go way up from there. No vagrants but a lot of foot traffic due to its proximity to TCU.

It puzzles me why she chose to live in that location. She went to the local community college, had a retail job, and also picked up some babysitting gigs. So she was at least partially paying her own way although I suspect her parents were helping her out. But this is a very expensive area to rent a place especially with no roommates. There really isn't a reason for her to live there unless she was going to the university.

This is awful :(. Looking at her FB made me very sad. She looked exactly like her mom and brother. They all look like such kind and loving folks :(.

I'm surprised there's not more chatter on this. Maybe she kept her door unlocked because she lived in such a nice area and took her safety for granted?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back