1206 users online (225 members and 981 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MS - John Nixon, executed for the '85 murder of Virginia Tucker

in Mississippi.

Can someone tell me why some executions are "glorified" on the news, and some arent?

Why was Tookie Williams' execution such a big deal? I understood the nation's 1000th being publicized, but why arent others talked about as often?

I would have thought something would have been said on the national news sites about John Nixon Sr....at some point this week.

Because Tookie had celebs fighting his cause, would be my guess. Also, since Nixon was white, it would throw a big kink in Jesse Jackson's race diatribe.

JMO

Arrow

Because Tookie co-founded the Crips gang, one of the largest black gangs around today and because his crimes were so heinous, and his lack of remorse or even admission of his obvious proven guilt.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I agree with shopper. JJ doesn't want to publicize the fact that white people are executed in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    Because Tookie co-founded the Crips gang, one of the largest black gangs around today and because his crimes were so heinous, and his lack of remorse or even admission of his obvious proven guilt.
    His crimes were heinous just like all the rest of the scum that sits on DR.

Nixon didnt express remorse or admission of proven guilt either.

Crips or no crips, TW was executed for murder. If executions are going to be strongly publicized, all of them need to be.

On another note.....I, for one, will be glad when Jesse Jackson takes his last breath.

Wasn't Jesse a supporter of Karla Faye Tucker?

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...512150385/1263

Convict's last words accuse his son

PARCHMAN — Condemned killer John B. Nixon Sr. said the state was illegally killing him as needles were being inserted into his arms inside the execution chamber on Wednesday evening.

"I did not kill Virginia Tucker. I know within my heart who did, and it hurts me in my heart to acknowledge it was a son of mine and a Spanish friend of his and another person in Jackson," Nixon said while inside the chamber.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I live in Mississippi and had not heard of this guy until he started trying to fight the execution...20 years it took to take care of business...wayyyy toooo looonnngg for what he did to these poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by sandraladeda
    You mean the reverend Jesse wasn't there, holding his hand and praying with him, fighting for his life?
    JJ only attends high profile events where he will get the maximum television exposure for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae
    Wasn't Jesse a supporter of Karla Faye Tucker?
    Yes he was. He also prayed with her in death row.

I wonder why this guy waited until he was in the chamber before he made these accusations ? Surely he had years to tell all.

Quote Originally Posted by shopper
    Because Tookie had celebs fighting his cause, would be my guess. Also, since Nixon was white, it would throw a big kink in Jesse Jackson's race diatribe.

JMO
    Of the last 12 executed here in CA, 10 were white! That throws another "big kink" into it!

Also think it was funny when I heard that Rev. Jackson requested to see "Tookie", but Took declined to see him, or other clergy. Unless, he changed his mind like he did 6 hours before his lights went out!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl
    Of the last 12 executed here in CA, 10 were white! That throws another "big kink" into it!

Also think it was funny when I heard that Rev. Jackson requested to see "Tookie", but Took declined to see him, or other clergy. Unless, he changed his mind like he did 6 hours before his lights went out!
    I hope Pukerson is number 11!

Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    I hope Pukerson is number 11!
    Me too......

Quote Originally Posted by shopper
    Because Tookie had celebs fighting his cause, would be my guess.
    I think you nailed it. This reminds me a bit of the "Free Nelson Mandela" movement. Though I have not yet heard a pop song about Tookie.

They both killed innocent people in their "movements" or "gangs" or what-have-you. Mandela got off after all the wailing and hand-wringing... Tookie got his just desserts. He can rot in hell.

I'm a middle-aged white guy of lower-middle class means, and I'm honestly reaching the puking-point with all this "black vs. white on death row" drivel. Look- - If you do the crime? you do the time. Don't come up with some sob story about why you did the crime, and blame "society" or the government for your own actions. Just shut yer pie hole and take yer lumps like a man.

Tookie was a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by rednfiery
    His crimes were heinous just like all the rest of the scum that sits on DR.

Nixon didnt express remorse or admission of proven guilt either.

Crips or no crips, TW was executed for murder. If executions are going to be strongly publicized, all of them need to be.

On another note.....I, for one, will be glad when Jesse Jackson takes his last breath.

Hi Rednfirey, and you sure are! LOL

I do disagree with you about John Nixon Sr. At the very end, before the needle was put into his arm, he did express remorse. I posted it on the Tookie thread.

I wanted everyone to realize that life goes on, and here the day after Tookie met Diablo and went down under, John Sr met his maker at 6pm EST.

Happy thoughts all around about this. He was a regular HIT MAN. the kind that movies are made about - the real horrible thing. Who knows how many went down by his hand. Many more than this one victim I am sure as sure can be.

The point is, near the end of time he had to deal with, he stated his son had done the deed. And then, when he knew time was a running out, he did express remorse. He was a cold hearted killer from the old school - 77 years old, born in the roaring 20's. To me that means he also had old school in his heart from anything good he had been given in life, and that - that alone is why he knew he could not go out of this life until he made his peace with his maker, which I do believe he did. Tookie didn't give a ***** about that. He had no breadth of background to draw from, and was only satisfied by what would satisfy himself.

John Nixon Sr. was a very evil man. His execution was noted here at WS a week before it even happened. He deserved what happened to him, and after 2 or 3 other scheduled dates that gave him reprieve because of his bad health, it was a very easy, simple passing with no complications. But he did make one difference in his life that we should respect. He didn't go out saying nothing about his crime like Tookie. It was on his mind!

Scandi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast