1279 users online (241 members and 1038 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TiffanyL_AS View Post
    Here is the link. 2 men arrested for kidnapping and rape. http://www.ky3.com/content/news/2-fa...419764453.html
    An illegal immigrant and another man who live in the trailer park where a 22-year-old woman disappeared last Saturday are charged with kidnapping and raping her.

Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 04-18-2017 at 11:27 PM.

I'm not sure how to contact a mod.

More info / media link from KSPR:

http://www.kspr.com/content/news/419764683.html

Prosecutors filed five charges against Lopez-Lara: two counts of first-degree rape, two counts of first-degree kidnapping, and first-degree sexual abuse. One rape charge and one kidnapping charge, however, are “in the alternative.” That means Lopez-Lara will only face one or the other of each charge, depending on which ones fit the facts of the case, as determined by a judge or jury.

The “in the alternative” rape charge is dependent on finding the woman “was incapable of consent because of a lack of mental capacity to authorize the sexual intercourse and this mental capacity was manifest or known the defendant.” The “in the alternative” kidnapping charge is dependent on finding that the victim “was incapacitated.”

In both rape charges, the penalties are the same: life prison sentences (figured at 30 years in Missouri) and at least 85 percent of the sentence has to be served before a convict is eligible for parole. In both kidnapping charges, the penalties are the same: up to 15 years in prison, and at least 85 percent of the sentence has to be served before a convict is eligible for parole. The penalty for first-degree sexual abuse is a prison sentence up to 10 years.

MOO - Amatuer Sleuth

Horrible situation for her, and one was an illegal man, needs to be deported. IMO

WOW...so glad she was found alive, but man oh man, I don't like what she endured those few days she was missing

Thanks to all for changing her name to initials. I really appreciate and respect how Websleuths protects victims this way.

This is my niece and there is so much more to this whole thing.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by samanthalawson69 View Post

I am sorry.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by samanthalawson69 View Post

I hope she and the rest of your family is on the road to healing!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post
    I hope she and the rest of your family is on the road to healing!
    Thank you, we are trying. She was abused before she was kidnapped so instead of going back to her abuser she will be placed far away from Missouri. There is also still a threat from the men who raped her so we will do our utmost best to protect her once she is in our care. Sadly, law officials told us that she probably was not the first and because of her she probably saved countless other girls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2