680 users online (105 members and 575 guests)  

Websleuths News

Baltimore, MD

NY - Nancy Grace Gets Order Against Accused Stalker

NEW YORK (Dec. 15) - CNN talk show host Nancy Grace has obtained a court order that directs a mental patient she accused of stalking her to leave her alone.

The man is "apparently obsessed with Ms. Grace, believes that he loves her, insists that she can solve all of his problems and will help him to meet with Osama bin Laden," Grace's court papers say.

Grace got the temporary restraining order Wednesday, a day after she filed a request for a permanent injunction against the alleged stalker, Joseph Raymond Loegering who, court papers say, has been confined in a Manhattan hospital's psychiatric ward since Dec. 2.

A spokeswoman for Grace, Janine Iamunno, issued a statement Wednesday confirming the temporary restraining order was sought and was granted, but she had no further comment.

Grace's complaint asks the court to bar Loegering from contacting her, from approaching her, her home or her workplace and from harassing, menacing, stalking or committing any other offense against her.

It also asks for unspecified punitive monetary damages and attorney's fees.

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

Well that is pretty scary. I hope they keep the guy locked up in that hospital.
    I saw that Nancy's mom was with her on her show Weds night. Maybe she came to be a support for her in court. She looks like a really sweet woman.

If that darn Nancy doesn't stop interuppting her guests...like sheriffs...I'm going to send her a dirty sock and tell her to stuff it in her mouth! She makes me so mad at times.