TX - 2-Year-Old Boy 'Was Tortured', San Antonio, 2005

aussiegran

Reaction score
SAN ANTONIO -- An investigator with Child Protective Services testified Wednesday that a 2-year-old boy "was tortured" when he was critically injured in late November.

CPS investigator Charles Paul testified during a custody hearing of Jonathan Lassetter, who remains in critical condition at University Hospital.

Paul said that the infant suffered "multiple bruising throughout his body," including the buttocks, penis and anus.

When asked by a prosecutor if the infant "suffered greatly" when the injuries were inflicted, Paul replied, "I believe the child was tortured."

At one point during Paul's testimony, the infant's mother, Deserae Lassetter, who made a court appearance via closed circuit television, cried as she listened. Upon the advice of her lawyer, Deserae Lassetter did not testify at the hearing.
http://www.ksat.com/news/5536400/detail.html

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I hope she gets a long time in prison too.:behindbar poor little boy .

I can't even imagine torturing an animal!!

Cases involving torture, abuse, neglect... to a child should be a mandatory death sentence (after some torture and abuse).

Mom, cry all you want, if you did nothing to stop it, you're just as guilty, IMO.

LButler said:
I can't even imagine torturing an animal!!

Cases involving torture, abuse, neglect... to a child should be a mandatory death sentence (after some torture and abuse).

Mom, cry all you want, if you did nothing to stop it, you're just as guilty, IMO.
I agree with you...she had the NERVE to cry?! That poor baby! I just get overwhelmed with anger about these kinds of stories.

This is so sad and it angers me that people think they can get away with this crap! :banghead: :banghead:

According to her MySpace, the mother is not only pregnant again, but has contact with those kids - I think she might actually have them back. That bothers me - children are such blessings, which so many other, more worthy families can't have; once you let people torture them, you've lost your chance IMO.

Thank you for the update pearseha. Do you have a link to the myspace?

Salem

According to her MySpace, the mother is not only pregnant again, but has contact with those kids - I think she might actually have them back.
From bad to worse! How could they let her have the kids? :eek:

According to her MySpace, the mother is not only pregnant again, but has contact with those kids - I think she might actually have them back. That bothers me - children are such blessings, which so many other, more worthy families can't have; once you let people torture them, you've lost your chance IMO.

I hadn't read about this case the first time it was posted. It makes my heart break to think that the children could be back with her. :confused: How can they ensure the safety of the children after something like this happens? :mad:

WTF! Are you kidding me? I'm at a loss for words.....:mad:

LiL MiSs CoUnTrY *Ryan'…Tanya Davis Jan 28 2009 2:28 PM

hey girl i know your going through a lot, dont run away from san antonio becuase some jerk off who did you wrong, hold your head high and show him you can move on with out having to run from your problems! pray and keep god in your life!

from her MySpace.

Can anyone tell me what ever happened to this little boy??? Did he survive??

All I've been able to find is that she testified against him for a plea deal, does anyone know what that deal was?

Lovejac, on the myspace page, there's a montage dated 4/22/08. The pics show a little girl and a little boy in a wheelchair. :mad:

From her MySpace page...

On the video montage, there are at least 4 pics of a little boy. He seems to be about the right age (as this happened in 2005- 4 years ago). The dark haired little boy appears to be holding his left arm in the exact same, odd angle in each photo. It looks to me he has some kind of physical disability.

I wonder if this is Jonathan, and if this could be a permanent injury from the torture he endured?

I can't believe she is pregnant again. She even has a "pregnancy countdown" on her page! 90 days until she gives birth again? I will pray for this child.

Lovejac, on the myspace page, there's a montage dated 4/22/08. The pics show a little girl and a little boy in a wheelchair. :mad:
I must have been typing my post while you were posting yours!

I also thought he looked to be sitting in a wheelchair in one of the pics.

I agree with you...she had the NERVE to cry?! That poor baby! I just get overwhelmed with anger about these kinds of stories.

She cries for herself.

She had no love or compassion for her son or he wouldnt have been tortured.

imo

All I've been able to find is that she testified against him for a plea deal, does anyone know what that deal was?

On the bottom of her myspace, she mentions she hopes that "JonJon" gets better everyday (or something like that). It was a prayer at the very bottom of the page linked above.

From her MySpace page...

On the video montage, there are at least 4 pics of a little boy. He seems to be about the right age (as this happened in 2005- 4 years ago). The dark haired little boy appears to be holding his left arm in the exact same, odd angle in each photo. It looks to me he has some kind of physical disability.

I wonder if this is Jonathan, and if this could be a permanent injury from the torture he endured?

I can't believe she is pregnant again. She even has a "pregnancy countdown" on her page! 90 days until she gives birth again? I will pray for this child.

Thank's! I went back and looked at the montage. He is such a beautiful boy, so sad. I hope he is loved and cherished dearly by who he's with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back