MI - Korey Brown, 14 mos, dies at day care, POI 8 years old, Muskegon, 14 April 2017

borndem

Anglophile & registered demwit
Reaction score
michigan — Police are calling an 8-year-old child a person of interest in the death of a toddler in michigan.
The 1-year-old boy was found dead at a daycare in muskegon on friday, after being left unsupervised with other kids.
“Dancing, smiling, into everything as a normal 1-year-old is. Just curious,” mother bryanna reasonover said about her son.
Reasonover said there were bruises and bite marks on korey’s face, fingers and stomach and his head was swollen.
http://www.wral.com/8-year-old-is-pe...eath/16649855/

And this:

[h=1]Girl, 8, suspected in toddler's death at Muskegon day care[/h]MUSKEGON, Mich. — Police are investigating the death of a 1-year-old boy found dead at a Muskegon day care center and an 8-year-old girl may be responsible.

The child's mother, Bryanna Reasonover, says she left work to pick up the toddler and two other kids around 7 a.m. Friday. When she arrived, she says her son, Korey Brown, was laying in a playpen, unresponsive.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/04/17/muskegon-child-day-care-death/100559718/

More here:

Mom of baby who died at day care recounts finding him unresponsive

MUSKEGON, MI - The mother of a baby boy who died at a Muskegon day care home said she believes there was an attempt to cover up her child's injuries.
Bryanna Reasonover said day care workers at first acted as though nothing was wrong with her baby boy, Korey Brown. But she said it was obvious he was not behaving normally and would not wake up when she arrived to pick up Korey and her three other children from the day care home Friday morning, April 14.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2017/04/mother_of_child_killed_at_day.html

And this:

[h=1]PD chief: Child, 8, person of interest in baby’s day care death[/h]

MUSKEGON, Mich. (WOOD) — An 8-year-old is a person of interest in the death of a 1-year-old at a home day care, Muskegon Police Chief Jeffrey Lewis confirmed Monday.
“I personally have never dealt with a case like this in my entire career,” Lewis said.
Korey Brown’s mother, Bryanna Reasonover, said her baby was found dead Friday morning at Keysha Keepers home day care located in the 700 block of Catherine Avenue in Muskegon.
http://woodtv.com/2017/04/17/source-child-8-suspected-in-infants-day-care-death/

This is horrifying. Children unsupervised and an 8 year old who may have killed him. I am so sorry for this baby and his family.

This is a sad, horrible situation. WTH was going on with no adult where a 1y/o was in the room? The poor mom.

She had only just started taking her babies there 3 weeks ago [emoji22]
I wonder how many children were being watched at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like all four children were from the same family.

Four of Reasonover's children were at the daycare from late Thursday evening to early Friday morning.

So that would mean that the eight year old was his sibling. It sounds like s/he was trying to help.

An unidentified 8-year-old child who also was at the home possibly tried to help the 1 year old when he became upset. Lewis said police have learned Brown was crying about something when the other child stepped in to provide aid.

It's likely that cost the child his life, Lewis said.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/mu...-muskegon-day-care-is-another-child/431841615

I would 1trillion percent trust my 8 year old to play with a 1 year old alone in his playroom with me in the next room. He is soooooo loving and caring and cautious that he doesn't hurt anyone (even their feelings!). I (clearly) don't know the whole story, but I am going to guess there are issues that were known about this 8 year old. Like, why wasn't she in school? Does she not go to school, due to behavioral issues? I don't think an 8 year old and a 1 year old is nearly as dangerous as any 8 year old who would bite anyone, much less a baby on the face and fingers. This child (8) either has a disability or some serious behavioral issues. That's my guess. And poor mama probably didn't know a thing about it, when she left her children there. I can't imagine.

EDIT- Ok, Im going to edit, due to the newest article that was posted while I was typing. So, it seems they stay overnight before school. And the baby died from the 8 year old trying to help? So, did she lay on him and suffocate him? Was it an accident? What about the bites? None of this fits together yet.

Almost every article I've read states the mom had only 3 kids at the babysitter's home. That included the baby. I remember thinking how expensive it must be to have 3 kids in daycare, with one being an infant.

Holy hell! I am speechless.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Almost every article I've read states the mom had only 3 kids at the babysitter's home. That included the baby. I remember thinking how expensive it must be to have 3 kids in daycare, with one being an infant.
Yeah, it seems like, per usual, there are conflicting stories.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Wow! How Sad! 😢

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The childcare situation confuses me. If Mom had to work an all night shift, wouldn't it have been cheaper and easier to get someone to come and spend the night at her home, while her kids slept in their own beds, as opposed to paying for childcare overnight for 3 children? That seems very expensive and complicated.

Most have been changed to 4 now.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

The childcare situation confuses me. If Mom had to work an all night shift, wouldn't it have been cheaper and easier to get someone to come and spend the night at her home, while her kids slept in their own beds, as opposed to paying for childcare overnight for 3 children? That seems very expensive and complicated.
Not necessarily. My sitter charges me $12 an hour, even overnight. I See Posts On FB For Care for $25 a day or $20 overnight. If only 4 kids were there, they were probably all hers. And the caretakers probably let her know they (the caretakers) sleep too. There's little reason to think one child would harm a sibling. I don't know. there's more to this that hasn't been released.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Definitely more to this...if the 8 yr old was helping maybe the 5 yr old had some involvment in the bites and bruises? Regardless the adults should have intervened...so horrible

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back