1306 users online (249 members and 1057 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    that, or she threw him or banged him. if they didn't wake up to his screams they wouldn't have heard thumps either this is breaking my heart :*(
    That's more like it. If the 8 y/o dropped him on the floor, it might have caused his death, but I picture more a throwing or a banging (it is so difficult putting these words on a page). Did the 8 y/o cause it, or did the 8 y/o old "only" bite him, and someone else hurt his head? His mother did say his head was swollen, but she didn't mention a gash or a cut on his head -- did she?? IDK. This is such a horror.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

This article says that the daycare provider volunteered to "Suspend" her operations during the investigation:

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...re_home_r.html

I don't think that is good enough. She should be closed down. LE is treating this as a homicide case.

Satch

How nice of her. -eye roll-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    That's more like it. If the 8 y/o dropped him on the floor, it might have caused his death, but I picture more a throwing or a banging (it is so difficult putting these words on a page). Did the 8 y/o cause it, or did the 8 y/o old "only" bite him, and someone else hurt his head? His mother did say his head was swollen, but she didn't mention a gash or a cut on his head -- did she?? IDK. This is such a horror.
    In my heart I hope against hope this was an accident by a kid who doesn't know better but that don't explain the bites

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    In my heart I hope against hope this was an accident by a kid who doesn't know better but that don't explain the bites

I also have to wonder about the home life of the 8 yr old. Who drops an 8 yr old off to daycare at 2 am? That seems very disruptive and unhealthy, schedule wise, for an 8 yr old. How does an 8 yr old do a regular school schedule with odd sleep hours like that?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I also have to wonder about the home life of the 8 yr old. Who drops an 8 yr old off to daycare at 2 am? That seems very disruptive and unhealthy, schedule wise, for an 8 yr old. How does an 8 yr old do a regular school schedule with odd sleep hours like that?
    I have been trying to stay away from this part, but I admit I thought about this when it was first released. I am hoping it was a one time thing? I don't know...

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DatelineFan View Post
    I have been trying to stay away from this part, but I admit I thought about this when it was first released. I am hoping it was a one time thing? I don't know...

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
    I have been wondering this as well, I know there can be special circumstances and I hate to speculate, but it definitely makes one pause and notice. Definitely is less than ideal imo

I don't want to add fuel to a really nasty fire, but I not only had the time cross my mind (was this child going to then get up for school at 6 am? ) but what if they give her benadryl to put her back to sleep. Both myself and my little boy have insane nightmares that continue even after I open my eyes. I don't give anything with Diphenhydramine to either of us!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mpnola View Post
    I don't want to add fuel to a really nasty fire, but I not only had the time cross my mind (was this child going to then get up for school at 6 am? ) but what if they give her benadryl to put her back to sleep. Both myself and my little boy have insane nightmares that continue even after I open my eyes. I don't give anything with Diphenhydramine to either of us!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
    Both my daughter and my husband have paradoxical reactions to Benadryl.

The condition of that house is appalling. I see holes in the siding. Perfect for bugs and rodents. Dangling wires at kid height.

I was a licensed day care provider 35 years ago. My home was inspected by two licensing agents AND the Fire Marshall. Three separate inspections. I can only imagine it is stricter now. I can't imagine that home passing inspection.

my little goes to a home daycare and that house is immaculate. I could not hope to have my house that clean! when I was considering her for placement, I checked the county site and she had ONE red tag for the fountain in her front yard. she still has the fountain but doesn't use water in it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedivergirl View Post
    Both my daughter and my husband have paradoxical reactions to Benadryl.

The condition of that house is appalling. I see holes in the siding. Perfect for bugs and rodents. Dangling wires at kid height.

I was a licensed day care provider 35 years ago. My home was inspected by two licensing agents AND the Fire Marshall. Three separate inspections. I can only imagine it is stricter now. I can't imagine that home passing inspection.

Day care provider charged with neglect following toddler's death
    By Lynn Moore | lmoore8@mlive.com | May 12, 2017 at 3:00 PM, updated May 12, 2017 at 4:45 PM

MUSKEGON, MI - A day care provider will be charged with child neglect following the death of a toddler at her facility last month.

The Muskegon County Prosecutor's Office announced Friday that Keysha Michelle Collins, 50, will be charged with second-degree child neglect under a statute that took effect April 6, just eight days before the April 14 death of 14-month-old Korey Brown. The charge is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

The toddler, who was at the home with several siblings as well as other children, was found unresponsive by his mother when she arrived to take her children home.

The investigation into who caused the child's fatal injuries is continuing, according to the statement released by the office of Muskegon County Prosecutor D.J. Hilson.

(. . .)

Thanks, byo. That's a start.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

there's some !@#$% on the donation page who tried to blame it on vaccinations ugh I'm sure they know better now

Woman charged with neglect following day care death waives prelim
    By Stephen Kloosterman | sklooste@mlive.com | May 30, 2017 at 12:15 PM, updated May 30, 2017 at 12:25 PM

MUSKEGON, MI - Day care provider Keysha Michelle Collins on Tuesday waived a preliminary examination for a charge of second-degree child neglect.

Collins was originally charged with neglect following the death of a 14-month old boy, Korey Brown, at her Muskegon home daycare April 14, 2017. She is accused of failing to adequately supervise children in her care and committing several violations of child care home licensing requirements.

Muskegon County Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Timothy M. Maat said at the May 30 appearance in District Court that his office doesn't have a copy of the medical examiner's report related to Collins' case, and doesn't expect to have it until June 12.

(. . . )

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6