1215 users online (206 members and 1009 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

Fears growing for missing RAF serviceman who vanished after night out

28 September 2016

Concerns were growing today for the safety of a young military [service]man who vanished after a night out and may have tried to walk eight miles back to his base.

[...]

Camera operators saw him getting up and walking off - but he failed to return to Honington, the headquarters of the RAF Force Protection who guard UK military installations around the world.

Despite an appeal to motorists, villagers along the servicemanís route and a search by the Suffolk police helicopter there has been no trace of him.

Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light-pink polo shirt and white jeans when last seen.

Police looking for Corrie McKeague will start searching landfill site this week for missing airman

6 March 2017

A search of a landfill site in Cambridgeshire will start this week as police look for RAF Honingtonís Corrie McKeague, following a two-week delay.

[...]

Since a signal from Corrieís mobile phone was detecting travelling along the same route as a bin lorry shortly after he was last seen at 3.24am, police have been aware of the possibility Corrie could be at the landfill site.

ďThe search is likely to take six to 10 weeks to complete, although this will obviously depend on daily progress on the site,Ē said detective superintendent Katie Elliott.

Media Thread

Purplepixii's Case Map
    MidsummersDay's Timeline

FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #1
    FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #2
    FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #3
    FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #4

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10
    Thread #11
    Thread #12
    Thread #13
    Thread #14
    Thread #15
    Thread #16
    Thread #17
    Thread #18
    Thread #19
    Thread #20
    Last edited by Greater Than; 04-18-2017 at 08:56 PM.

ADMIN NOTE: The Facebook page is now OFF LIMITS.

You may refer to Corrie's website as a source for updates from the family: www.findcorrie.co.uk

As always, LE and MSM references are preferred.

Any reference to the FB page discussion will be removed, no questions asked.

Any questions should be addressed in a private message (PM) to a moderator or an admin.

The thread is now open for posting.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Bessie
    WS Administrator
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

SOCIAL MEDIA - FACEBOOK, TWITTER, ETC.

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
    Friends of either a victim or a suspect
    Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Please Note:

Websleuths is a fact-based forum. Rumors and gossip are not permitted. When you state something as "fact," you must back it up with a link to an approved source. If you can't link it, you can't post it.

As Admin Bessie stated above, the Find Corrie Facebook page is OFF LIMITS. If you read it on Facebook, leave it on Facebook.

You are free to give as much or as little weight as you choose to the information provided by the family via their website http://www.findcorrie.co.uk. What you cannot do, however, is bash them, attack them, or suggest their involvement in Corrie's disappearance. Unless and until LE states otherwise, they are innocent victims who are desperate to find their loved one.

All previous mod and admin reminders still stand.

Thank you.

The Rules Forum
    Etiquette & Information
    The Rules - Social Media

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Hi Everyone,

I have a message from a production company for our British sleuths.

Please keep in mind you contact these people at your own risk.

As far as I know everything is legit but again, you must decide for yourself.

Here you go:

Hello WebSleuths. Iím a Producer and film-maker working for a UK Production Company called Hungry Bear Media. Iíve been studying your forums for a couple of months now and have been blown away by the dedication and attention to detail demonstrated to help solve crimes.

Iím developing a documentary series all about the remarkable work you guys do - everything from sharing evidence, holding media to account, creating extensive crime maps and debating theories. Iíve been in touch with a few of you already who have been very helpful, but am looking to hear from more UK-based users of WebSleuths to get your insight on some British cases.

Iím keen to hear what has drawn you to Web Sleuths. What cases have got you must stumped? Whatís the biggest discovery or break-thru youíve made? Are there users you communicate with a lot? Would you, or have you, ever visited old crime scenes to investigate first-hand?

If youíre interested in being involved, whether that be on camera or helping me find about more about Web Sleuths or would simply like to talk about what you do, please get in touch.

My e-mail address is bob.fletcher@hungrybear.tv

Bob
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Tricia / Greater Than - it might be an idea to start a separate thread about the documentary, I can link it into the UK index so more members see it and then Bob Fletcher can ask away!!

In other news, I am really hoping thread #21 is "The One Where Corrie Was Found".

Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Tricia / Greater Than - it might be an idea to start a separate thread about the documentary, I can link it into the UK index so more members see it and then Bob Fletcher can ask away!!

In other news, I am really hoping thread #21 is "The One Where Corrie Was Found".
    That is a great idea. I'll start it now.

CLICK HERE

OR

Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post

Here is the new thread. Thank you CMC for helping.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...leuths-Members

CLICK HERE

OR

In the last thread it was said that the searchers are at the point in the landfill of finding things from the day when Corrie disappeared. I don't know how much of a jumble it is there, how mixed up the rubbish is, and how many trucks from various places tipped there in those few days, but I am thinking that if they send a few boxes of stuff to the lab each day and then it has to be tested for connection to Corrie, then the next week or two would be prime for a notification that they have found something?

How much would they wait to find before issuing a notice? Would they wait until they had a full skeleton or would they inform us if just a few bones had been found?

I don't think anything would be made public until there was something definite. But if they do find any body part that is confirmed to be his, then I don't think they would delay announcing it as it would confirm his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherwell View Post
    I don't think anything would be made public until there was something definite. But if they do find any body part that is confirmed to be his, then I don't think they would delay announcing it as it would confirm his death.
    I've seen where the police announce they've found a body, they are awaiting further tests, and the family has been informed.

I can't think of any particular cases to reference here, but this happens when they are searching a specific area where they are expecting to find something, and also presumably if the body/clothing is recognisible (I mean child rather than adult, say). And if there is interest from the media, it means the relatives have a heads-up when there has been a noticeable change to the work being carried out (eg a tent being erected over a find) rather than reading press speculation or being door-stepped before a positive ID.

Heaven forbid they find anything other than C's remains in landfill.

Yes, by "something definite" I meant something like bones confirmed to be human rather than animal, that sort of thing.

I wonder if his phone will turn up. I still think the phone could have ended up in the bin without him being in it himself, but of course the police may have more evidence that they haven't disclosed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonet View Post
    In the last thread it was said that the searchers are at the point in the landfill of finding things from the day when Corrie disappeared. I don't know how much of a jumble it is there, how mixed up the rubbish is, and how many trucks from various places tipped there in those few days, but I am thinking that if they send a few boxes of stuff to the lab each day and then it has to be tested for connection to Corrie, then the next week or two would be prime for a notification that they have found something?

How much would they wait to find before issuing a notice? Would they wait until they had a full skeleton or would they inform us if just a few bones had been found?
    I think if they find any bones they think may be human, they would be able to check that pretty quickly whether they are or not. If they are confirmed as human then the next stage would probably be dna unless there are clothes etc that would help to determine these things. There is also the possibility any human remains may not be C. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shiressleuth View Post
    I think if they find any bones they think may be human, they would be able to check that pretty quickly whether they are or not.
    A pathologist or forensic anthropologist would be able to say definitely more or less on the spot if they were human or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiressleuth View Post
    I think if they find any bones they think may be human, they would be able to check that pretty quickly whether they are or not. If they are confirmed as human then the next stage would probably be dna unless there are clothes etc that would help to determine these things. There is also the possibility any human remains may not be C. JMO
    I don't think clothes come in to it as clothes can be worn by someone else - just reread properly that is what you were saying in a different way. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I don't think clothes come in to it as clothes can be worn by someone else - just reread properly that is what you were saying in a different way. sorry.
    My post was a bit aris about face because if you had bones/skeleton with clothes on it then it is likely not animal bones anyway, so no worries.

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast