827 users online (115 members and 712 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimeDawg123 View Post
    Exactly. She was walking at the Arbor Trails park on W. Parker Rd Friday evening around 8:30 according to a family member she was messaging on the phone with. It was dark at that time.

Police are calling this a "death investigation", not a homicide at this point. Intentional, accidental, or criminal is what they are trying to determine. Cause of death is pending ME. They have not found her phone.

This is very, very strange.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mis...419851574.html
    Very strange! And her car was still at her apartment complex so she didn't drive herself.
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

Was she clothed? Any pending drama in her life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    Was she clothed? Any pending drama in her life?

From what I've read, she was clothed and no signs of trauma, but we all know how that goes.

Plano PD seeking the public's help. A little more info in the link - Megan was found wearing a red, yellow and white, floral-print bike shirt and green running shoes.

Also:
    Getrum's car remained at her apartment, where police also found her purse.

Cell phone records show she communicated with a relative about 8:30 Friday evening, then the trail went cold.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/249822631-story

New clues in Plano woman's death investigation

http://www.wfaa.com/news/new-clues-i...tion/432955586

(Via WFAA)

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    Was she clothed? Any pending drama in her life? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No indication of any drama that I have read, or if the family member she was talking to when her phone went dead has indicated any problems. A neighbor described seeing her often reading on her balcony with her cat. She seemed to lead a quiet life, loved to travel and be active by statements made by her friends and looking at her facebook photos.

This article says she was a software engineer who worked until January 2017 at Masergy (by her linkedin profile) - "It's unclear where she may have been working at the time of her death."
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/plan...ke-ray-hubbard

Looking at Masergy, it seems they were bought late last year by Berkshire Partners. Sometimes these acquisitions can lead to reorgs, layoffs, and unease at the workplace. So, was she still working there and her linkedin profile is just in error? The question of her work status might be the only thing hinting at drama in her life if she was no longer at Masergy.

But given the fact her phone went dead, and she was found so far away with no obvious means of getting there leads me to think it wasn't intentional.
    Last edited by CrimeDawg123; 04-21-2017 at 08:12 AM.

I joined websleuths just for this case. I also live in one of the complexes near arbor hills. I've probably seen her in the area, since I hear she was always walking around near the preserve.

I wonder if the fact that they didn't mention anything about her pants is significant? The mentioned her shirt and shoes, but no pant color? Maybe she was found without them?

Horribly tragic. I hope they figure out what happened to her, I've been extra vigilant walking my dog this week.... she looks like such a sweet person!

Quote Originally Posted by muhgoo View Post
    I joined websleuths just for this case. I also live in one of the complexes near arbor hills. I've probably seen her in the area, since I hear she was always walking around near the preserve.

I wonder if the fact that they didn't mention anything about her pants is significant? The mentioned her shirt and shoes, but no pant color? Maybe she was found without them?

Horribly tragic. I hope they figure out what happened to her, I've been extra vigilant walking my dog this week.... she looks like such a sweet person!

I haven't heard anything about the pants. What can you tell us about this preserve? She was there after dark - would you do that? Do you know if there are any cameras in the parking lot or anywhere? What about the lighting? What would your gut tell you about being there alone after dark?

Thanks for any info you can shed. I hope they solve this soon so y'all can feel safe. Plano is a pretty safe place and this seems totally off kilter.

It is definitely off kilter for Plano. I was born and raised here, and grew up in the neighborhood that shares a property line with the preserve. I know it VERY well. I just happened to move back to the area after school because my office is nearby.

Plano is kinda in a weird place right now, it's not as tight knit as it used to be. With Toyota almost finished with their new headquarters a few blocks away, and with all the new businesses moving here, there has been a lot of growth. They said that over 12,000 new jobs are going to be opening up in Plano in the next 5 years. So there are literally thousands of families moving here. The area around Arbor Hills is very "well to do" if you will. Lots of money over there. Lots of company headquarter (JC Penny, Boeing, Dallas Cowboys, Toyota, Dr. Pepper etc). Huge houses on all sides of the park with at least 3 complexes that I can think of. And it is within a short drive between 3 major tollways that can get you anywhere.

As far as the park goes, it has also changed quite a bit. It's the only real outdoor "hiking and biking" space on the west side. As a kid I used to play in the creeks make new trails all the way to the railroad tracks in the back on the park. Now, like one of the reports said, there inst really a hiding place in the park. It has been so beaten down and over hiked that there are literally trails that crisscross the entire park. The city has a hard time keeping up with erosion. They close a trail to help it regrow, but people go around it. There really isn't anything remote about it anymore, that place has been pretty well mapped out by trails. It is very beautiful though.

There are 2 official entrances to the park, but a few unofficial ones as well. Three sides of the park are surrounded by very tall chain link fence. The main entrance opens up to the neighborhood it is connected to where you can either go through the parking lot, or walk across the field from the neighborhood. I know there are cameras at the main entrance. I am not sure about the neighborhood side, it has been a while since I have been that way. But I know that if you park your car in the neighborhood at night and walk to the park, the police will come find you. The neighbors ALWAYS call for cars they don't recognize. As for the unofficial entrances, I know of at least 3 holes in the fence on The Colony side of the park that allow access to those who live in the apartment complexes. They aren't sketchy holes that some naughty kids made, but you can tell from the VERY worn trails in and out of them that the people who live in the complexes use them to take their dogs out and have been for years. As far as I know, those entrances are not monitored. But that's probably why there were people still in the park when it was "closed" for their investigation. The city hasn't made much of an effort to close the fence entrances as far as I have seen, besides old no trespassing signs.

As far as my opinion of the park, I could bet money that there were still a lot of people there when she was there, even at night. There are some bluebonnets in the field by the parking lots every year, and I bet there were families finishing up Easter pictures that night. I believe most kids were off school. So it would have been a very busy day at arbor hills. There is lighting in the parking lots, but if you are on the trails it is very dark. But they are well marked, and you wont go very far on a dirt trail without running into the concrete trail, which makes it very hard to get lost. You are never too far away from a sign or a main trial. I don't mind going there alone, and I wouldn't be afraid of going at night as long as I had my dog with me. I have never been scared of people as much as the wildlife. LOTS of snakes. At 8:30 I would probably be on my way back to my car, since the sun had just gone down and it was starting to get harder to see, but I wouldn't be frightened to be out there. Like I said, I'm pretty sure she wasn't alone out there, there were probably still lots of people around in the picnic areas and such. I don't think the gate closes till 9:30, but I could be wrong. I'm sure she had been out there many times before, she was obviously at ease by walking and talking on the phone.

It's just really scary. First Christina Morris, now this. I don't like it.

Also, I havent figured out how to quote people yet, so my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimeDawg123 View Post
    I haven't heard anything about the pants. What can you tell us about this preserve? She was there after dark - would you do that? Do you know if there are any cameras in the parking lot or anywhere? What about the lighting? What would your gut tell you about being there alone after dark?

Thanks for any info you can shed. I hope they solve this soon so y'all can feel safe. Plano is a pretty safe place and this seems totally off kilter.
    To sum it all up, no I have never felt unsafe there at night because of anyone else. It can be eery because the wind blows pretty hard through there when you are on the main trail sometimes, and it is a creepy feeling. Maybe because I'm a weenie from the city. But I have never felt threatened there. I would find it hard for someone to sneak up on you there, in my opinion. Even in the dark. But maybe if she was on her phone she was distracted?

Quote Originally Posted by muhgoo View Post
    To sum it all up, no I have never felt unsafe there at night because of anyone else. It can be eery because the wind blows pretty hard through there when you are on the main trail sometimes, and it is a creepy feeling. Maybe because I'm a weenie from the city. But I have never felt threatened there. I would find it hard for someone to sneak up on you there, in my opinion. Even in the dark. But maybe if she was on her phone she was distracted?
    Thanks for the great info. If someone grabbed her at the park she probably would have fought and screamed and it sounds like it'd be hard for someone not to notice that. Your info about the park adds to the mystery.

On another note, I saw a FB post from someone who works at Masergy who described Megan as a "co-worker". So it sounds like she still worked there.

Also, another thing people may not realize is that we are VERY close to Lake Lewisville. It's literally less than 10 minutes to get to the water from Arbor Hills if you know where to go. If she was going to hurt herself, or even if someone did this to her, why would you take her 40 minutes away, on the the George Bush Tollway where there are toll cameras?

And as for her clothing, it's likely that they have some sort of video footage of her, or someone close to her was able to identify it. Because they were able to find the specific picture of those items. Maybe it was just an oversight that they didn't report what pants she was wearing, or maybe they were not found. I don't know.

Lord help me, I get way too worked up over this stuff. As long as I have lived here, things like this don't happen here. Which is why it just baffles me that something like this DID happen. I feel so sorry for her and her family, it hits close to home when it is literally in your neighbor hood in a place where you practically grew up. To think something bad could happen there is like finding out Santa isn't real. The whole preserve is just dark and scary now. But I have faith in Plano PD, they are some of the best in the country!

Lord help me, I get way too worked up over this stuff. As long as I have lived here, things like this don't happen here. Which is why it just baffles me that something like this DID happen. I feel so sorry for her and her family, it hits close to home when it is literally in your neighbor hood in a place where you practically grew up. To think something bad could happen there is like finding out Santa isn't real. The whole preserve is just dark and scary now. But I have faith in Plano PD, they are some of the best in the country![/QUOTE]

BBM- WAIT??!! WHAT?? He isn't ?? LOL

On a more serious note-- I am really puzzled over this one.. Trying to figure out
    1. How she got there
    2. Why she went there
    3. What the heck happened there?

It is not making an sense and I hope we get an update soon for LE with some more clues.

Thank you to the Locals for your input..it helps me to visualize the area and the feeling of the environment there.
    JMO

#BRINGMIKEVANZANDTHOME

Welcome to WS Muhgoo !
    I concur I bet the park was still pretty busy at that hour .
    And even after curfew people coming in and out .

I'm not worried about an epidemic here with Morris since EA is in prison . Plus neither one of them were "from " Plano . Just happened to be at the shops . I can see where it would look that way to outsiders though .

Good to mention how " transient" it is with all the new apartments and out of staters moving in .
    I'm wondering if someone noticed her routine , walking alone ect .. since she was a regular .

http://www.wbap.com/2017/04/21/plano...-womans-death/

Getrum was last seen wearing the clothing items pictured below as she walked along the shore Friday night.
    Newer article that I found. I hadn't seen any info about her being seen at Lake Ray Hubbard that night.

EDIT:The article is kind of short, and I'm wondering if this is just a case of poor reporting. The reporter mixing up the nature preserve and Lake Ray Hubbard.
    Last edited by Not_Important_; 04-21-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast