MO MO - St Louis, UncFem Fetus, UP17448, in suitcase in pond, Apr'17

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for adding this to the forum!!

The address listed in TCP is 13.5 miles from the location believe to be the discovery location in the map above. However, if the child was in the mother's arms when she was pushed into the Mississippi River as TCP describes, then this could not be related. I wonder how they concluded that that is what happened.

Map of the locations:

https://goo.gl/maps/FvxCB7mRsUp

The address listed in TCP is 13.5 miles from the location believe to be the discovery location in the map above. However, if the child was in the mother's arms when she was pushed into the Mississippi River as TCP describes, then this could not be related. I wonder how they concluded that that is what happened.

Map of the locations:

https://goo.gl/maps/FvxCB7mRsUp

One of the articles implied that the father said that's what happened.

Besides the distance, Byrd disappeared 7 years ago. I don't think it would still be a body in the water after that length of time. This is probably someone who disappeared more recently, if they were reported at all. Sadly, it's probably another parental murder...

One of the articles implied that the father said that's what happened.

Besides the distance, Byrd disappeared 7 years ago. I don't think it would still be a body in the water after that length of time. This is probably someone who disappeared more recently, if they were reported at all. Sadly, it's probably another parental murder...

Is it confirmed that the body was actually in the water, or just found in the area of it? Unfortunately, the media usually isn't great at clarifying.

I believe they said the body was found in the water

Quite possibly. The case could also be there but not visible to the public. And some LE agencies don't list cases unless they have reason to think there's an out of the area person involved.

I knew some agencies don't list their cases (though I think they should), but I didn't know some were there only visible to LE and not the public. That's interesting.

I knew some agencies don't list their cases (though I think they should), but I didn't know some were there only visible to LE and not the public. That's interesting.

Yeah, some agencies apparently think the public is more nuisance than help when it comes to solving cases.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP17448
Date Body Found April 15, 2017
ME/C Case Number 2017-2873

Sex Female
Race/Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Fetus
Estimated Year of Death 2017
Estimated PMI Months
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

Location Saint Louis, Missouri 63034
County St. Louis County

Circumstances of Recovery Fetal remains discovered inside of suitcase in neighborhood pond.

Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

The news article says she was full-term, but NamUs says fetal remains? I wonder which one it is. I'm hoping this is a case of a miscarriage/stillbirth instead of the alternative...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back