1266 users online (215 members and 1051 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew71 View Post
    I've yet to hear something he said that should cost him his job. Why are only men on the right scorned and men on the left like Bill Clinton can actually rape women and still be celebrated?
    I think it was what he DID, not what he said, that lost him his job. There seems to be no shortage of female fellow workers who have accused him of inappropriate behavior. Some even left Fox. Fox couldn't keep covering his a** and paying off those lawsuits. Once the news broke, they couldn't defend him publicly, as much as they tried to sweep it under the rug.

I believe most celebrities are at risk of false accusations, but BoR had too many to dismiss as false accusations. Where there's lots and lots of smoke, well, there's likely fire.

Now Clinton's a whole other topic and definitely no angel....don't get me going. But, this thread is about BoR, not Clinton. Diversion doesn't get BoR off the hook for his inappropriate behavior to so many female colleagues. If it happened at my company he would be out on his a**. Why shouldn't he be out of his company?
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    I think it was what he DID, not what he said, that lost him his job. There seems to be no shortage of female fellow workers who have accused him of inappropriate behavior. Some even left Fox. Fox couldn't keep covering his a** and paying off those lawsuits. Once the news broke, they couldn't defend him publicly, as much as they tried to sweep it under the rug.

I believe most celebrities are at risk of false accusations, but BoR had too many to dismiss as false accusations. Where there's lots and lots of smoke, well, there's likely fire.

Now Clinton's a whole other topic and definitely no angel....don't get me going. But, this thread is about BoR, not Clinton. Diversion doesn't get BoR off the hook for his inappropriate behavior to so many female colleagues. If it happened at my company he would be out on his a**. Why shouldn't he be out of his company?

yes

this

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post

While my opinion of this (BoR situation) is still unsettled, it is not only very common for males (particularly conservative males) to be accused of sexual impropriety and it is also common to have said claims paid off to sweep it under the rug so to speak, where there is smoke there is often fire, there's a lot of smoke here.

That said, see Glenn Beck who wanted to go all the way to trial if need be and was pushed by his attorneys and the actual insurance company to just settle because it was actually cheaper, see Sean Hannity in his current situation where he was accused and decided to hire a bunch of super attorneys to file libel charges and suddenly the "victim" changes her accusation.

I don't know if BoR was involved in any actual serious sexual harassment or abuse of any kind (as opposed to Roger Ailes who I'm pretty sure was) but I am sure that there is a culture of political witch hunting going on targeting conservatives that is not equally disbursed to the left.

Bill O’Reilly says Roger Ailes always had his back. And that was precisely the problem.

Oh, Mr. O’Reilly, we know how he would protect you. He protected you after very well-substantiated questions in 2015 emerged about your tales of reporting in conflict zones across the globe. Credible folks contradicted your accounts; your explanation was that politically motivated liberals were attacking you.

And Ailes had your back. “Fox News Chairman & CEO Roger Ailes and all senior management are in full support of Bill O’Reilly,” asserted a statement from the network.

With Ailes’s passing ends this most unsavory of friendships: Roger Ailes and Bill O’Reilly, two aging, super-rich guys who were both accused of using their status as news big shots to pursue sexual encounters. Though journalists often pine for a boss who’ll have their back, it’s an overrated trait in the news business.

The loyalties of news executives must extend to ethics and the imperatives of journalism, not to the careerism of some bigoted hack who just happens to score high ratings.

Pithy

That is all

(snark in case it is not obvious.)

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15