CONVICTION OVERTURNED CA - Sgt. Todd Sommer, 23, fatally poisoned, San Diego, 18 Feb 2002

If she hadn't of partied and purchased new *advertiser censored*, no one would have been the wiser. She had gotten away with it, but her behavior made them suspicious.

If she felt the need to have her enhancements and parties, etc....then maybe she should have gotten an education and a better job to PAY for it with money instead of her husband's life. Some people have NO regard to human life and we see if more and more everyday...sadly!

WEST PALM BEACH - An extradition hearing for a California woman who allegedly poisoned her Marine husband to get breast enhancements and a more luxurious lifestyle was postponed Wednesday because the necessary paperwork hadn't arrived.

...Ten days before her husband's death, Cynthia Sommer visited a plastic surgeon to inquire about breast augmentation, a surgery out of reach for a woman $23,000 in debt on a limited income, investigators said.

More: http://www.sunherald.com/mld/miamiherald/news/state/13551512.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_state

PrayersForMaura said:
WEST PALM BEACH - An extradition hearing for a California woman who allegedly poisoned her Marine husband to get breast enhancements and a more luxurious lifestyle was postponed Wednesday because the necessary paperwork hadn't arrived.

...Ten days before her husband's death, Cynthia Sommer visited a plastic surgeon to inquire about breast augmentation, a surgery out of reach for a woman $23,000 in debt on a limited income, investigators said.

More: http://www.sunherald.com/mld/miamiherald/news/state/13551512.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_state

This is true. The marine who was murdered is my Godmothers' grandson. They are having a very hard time dealing with this. She is in SanDiego facing charges now (thank God). Todds' parents live in Florida, and his grandparents (My Godmother) lives in Tennessee. All the news stations have been calling their house to get a interview with his family, but they have declined per request from their daughter (Todds' mother). This is so very sad for the family. I pray for them daily.

bkdianne said:
This is true. The marine who was murdered is my Godmothers' grandson. They are having a very hard time dealing with this. She is in SanDiego facing charges now (thank God). Todds' parents live in Florida, and his grandparents (My Godmother) lives in Tennessee. All the news stations have been calling their house to get a interview with his family, but they have declined per request from their daughter (Todds' mother). This is so very sad for the family. I pray for them daily.
I heard of this and its so sad. My brother is in the Army and he has a lot of benefits ect. Well my family and I are having a hard time now dealing with his "new woman" because we are so afraid of stories such as this. You never know what people have up their sleeves ect. I will say a prayer for this family. It breaks my heart. How could someone be so shallow as to kill for breast? :doh:

bkdianne said:
I am so sorry. That is just as awful story.
Hopefully she will be put away for a long long time. Those poor kids of theirs! Is he the father of all 4 kids?

eta: ok one child from this marriage and 3 from another. got it in the article.

Quote from the msnbc link above:
"During an 2001 investigation of child neglect-abuse, she allegedly told a North Carolina caseworker, “I have four kids. It isn’t like I could leave them and go anywhere. No one wants to baby-sit four kids.”

This is sick. What an attitude. Is there any update on this case?

ljwf22 said:
Quote from the msnbc link above:
"During an 2001 investigation of child neglect-abuse, she allegedly told a North Carolina caseworker, “I have four kids. It isn’t like I could leave them and go anywhere. No one wants to baby-sit four kids.”

This is sick. What an attitude. Is there any update on this case?

No joke. Its not like they got there by magic. Four kids don't just happen. :confused:

I am following this trial which is going on and will resume tomorrow on CTV.

Cindy Sommer's attorney, Udell, forgot his first name, interviewed on tv last week, said that having promised the jury that his client would testify, was saying "unfortunately" she would have to take the stand.

My reaction: :woohoo: I hope she does!!

In addition, he said to the judge outside the presence of the jury, that the defense is going to contest the notion that Todd died of acute arsenic poisoning. :eek:

THAT should be good.

IMO, Cindy did it. Not just for breast implants. It was money and freedom. And Todd's death gave her the freedom and money and one of the things she got with it --- oops, two of the things was enhanced *advertiser censored*.

What a sick, evil bee-otch. Poor Todd & his family. :(

The problem with this case is that there is no proof that she had arsenic or purchased it.

michelle said:
I heard of this and its so sad. My brother is in the Army and he has a lot of benefits ect. Well my family and I are having a hard time now dealing with his "new woman" because we are so afraid of stories such as this. You never know what people have up their sleeves ect. I will say a prayer for this family. It breaks my heart. How could someone be so shallow as to kill for breast? :doh:

My only son was in the Corps for many years. All the horror stories he told us about these kind of wives has really hit home with me and is so heartbreaking, watching this trial. This woman is exactly the kind he told us about and how much heartbreak they cause. He was in charge of his unit and many times he was caught up in their nightmares trying to help Marines out that were so devastated by these manipulative women/men who prey on younger more vulnerable Marines. Military single life can be very lonely so I think many Marines become targets because of that. They want to feel they belong to someone. Todd was only 19 years old when he married Cindy.

Thank goodness our son stuck to his own self made promise when he said he would never marry while in the Corps.

Many of these women like CSs have multiple children before the marriage and most of them are older than the Marine they marry. It is not uncommon at all for a Marine (both female and male) to come back from deployment and find they have no home and have been booted out and replaced by another. Some of the guys come back to pregnant wives where she has become pregnant by someone else. It is a nightmare.

Of course there are many dedicated wives and husbands in the Corps who remain faithful and always have the best interest at heart when it comes to their families. Unfortunately however, Todd Sommer did not meet one of them. He fell prey to a woman who was all about self. It has been said that he fell in love with her children before he fell in love with her. His last happy act was taking his entire family to Knox Farm. If it had been up to Cindy she would prefer to go out to the bars and whoop it up but TS was known as a homebody.

His trust fund had run out in January before he died.
He cramped her style.
She wanted freedom to run wild and money.

May justice be done for USMC Sgt. Todd Sommer!

IMO

Ocean

Amraann said:
The problem with this case is that there is no proof that she had arsenic or purchased it.

So are you saying that if LE cant find the bludgeoning weapon that Professor Rob used he will walk free? Or if the State knows the victim died from a gunshot wound, knife etc but they cant recover then or link them to the weapon they go free? The State does not have to produce the weapon of choice used by a murderer.

The jury is very well aware that she bought a new computer shortly after his death and that this was classified a natural cause death for 15 months.

Imo she poisoned him on the night of the 8th and he woke up with his first symptoms at 0300 hundred hours on the 9th with severe cramping.

I can buy arsenic today at any feed and seed store. I can pay cash....walk out and there is no paper trail whatsoever.

We all know he did not die from chronic arsenic poisoning but from acute arsenic poisoning. None of his unit who saw him that day of the 8th said Todd ever complained....they only knew he was sick when he called them the next day.

Not one other person in that area was poisoned because even if someone had even a slight belly ache Udell would have made a big ado about it. Imo he doesn't because no one acutely ingested arsenic but TS at his home.

The only arsenic found was in TSs home and in TSs body.

IMO

Ocean

I dated an Army sergeant when I was in college who was divorced from a woman 6 years his senior who had married him for his benefits. She married him and then almost immediately began cheating on him. They were married for only a year.

oceanblueeyes said:
...The only arsenic found was in TSs home and in TSs body...
I wasn't aware that arsenic was found in the home. If this is the case, I am relieved as I feel that she will most probably be convicted. I of course feel that this young woman murdered her husband.

I don't think that she ever loved this young man. He was unfortunately willing to make an honest woman of her and take on her three children from a former marriage. He then gets murdered for his kindness.

I remember a movie years ago starring Patty Duke. She played the mother of a young Marine(?) that married a manipulative woman who had one of her boyfriends murder her husband. In the end, the mother was finally able to bring about justice and get custody of her young granddaughter. Thank God. I pretty sure that this was a true story.

oceanblueeyes said:
So are you saying that if LE cant find the bludgeoning weapon that Professor Rob used he will walk free? Or if the State knows the victim died from a gunshot wound, knife etc but they cant recover then or link them to the weapon they go free? The State does not have to produce the weapon of choice used by a murderer.

The jury is very well aware that she bought a new computer shortly after his death and that this was classified a natural cause death for 15 months.

Imo she poisoned him on the night of the 8th and he woke up with his first symptoms at 0300 hundred hours on the 9th with severe cramping.

I can buy arsenic today at any feed and seed store. I can pay cash....walk out and there is no paper trail whatsoever.

We all know he did not die from chronic arsenic poisoning but from acute arsenic poisoning. None of his unit who saw him that day of the 8th said Todd ever complained....they only knew he was sick when he called them the next day.

Not one other person in that area was poisoned because even if someone had even a slight belly ache Udell would have made a big ado about it. Imo he doesn't because no one acutely ingested arsenic but TS at his home.

The only arsenic found was in TSs home and in TSs body.

IMO

Ocean
I am saying that proof she even had arsenic would go a long ways.
I am NOT saying she did not do it ....But I think reasonable doubt could be raised without proof she purchased the arsenic.
In the early part of the century arsenic was used as a drug and it is not one that is drug tested for now.
Those in the military may very well use it for a high.
I am not saying that is what this guy did I am just saying that if I were her lawyer that would be the case I would represent.

Unless the soldier himself puts the wife in his will or puts her down as the beneficiary she won't get anything. My husband is in the Army he has everything left to me if something were to happen to him but I do have friends who only get a percentage because the husbands want someone else to get the other half. I have one friend who gets zero. As far as these females out doing stuff they shouldnt be doing yes it happens. I would say it happens just as much as these soldiers who get deployed to other places for schools, trainings, etc. do it. It's a two way street. I had a neighbor who cheated and got her kids taken away from her when her husband was in Iraq. She went totally wild. Had their truck repossesed cable and telephone cut off for non payment. When the husband came home on emergency leave to take care of all of this he came to my house and talked to us to ask us what all we saw. He then said oh well that year I was in Korea its not like I was a good husband myself. I only know the military life as I was born into it and then married into it so I can't say its the same as the civilian world because I never lived that life before. But I can say that its both of them doing it not just the wife.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back