1063 users online (245 members and 818 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Hi Everyone,

I have a message from a production company for our British sleuths.

Please keep in mind you contact these people at your own risk.

As far as I know everything is legit but again, you must decide for yourself.

Here you go:

Hello WebSleuths. Iím a Producer and film-maker working for a UK Production Company called Hungry Bear Media. Iíve been studying your forums for a couple of months now and have been blown away by the dedication and attention to detail demonstrated to help solve crimes.

Iím developing a documentary series all about the remarkable work you guys do - everything from sharing evidence, holding media to account, creating extensive crime maps and debating theories. Iíve been in touch with a few of you already who have been very helpful, but am looking to hear from more UK-based users of WebSleuths to get your insight on some British cases.

Iím keen to hear what has drawn you to Web Sleuths. What cases have got you must stumped? Whatís the biggest discovery or break-thru youíve made? Are there users you communicate with a lot? Would you, or have you, ever visited old crime scenes to investigate first-hand?

If youíre interested in being involved, whether that be on camera or helping me find about more about Web Sleuths or would simply like to talk about what you do, please get in touch.

My e-mail address is bob.fletcher@hungrybear.tv

Bob
    Join us at CrimeCon.com
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Thanks for the new thread, Tricia. Hopefully we can contribute to the making of this documentary!! Bob Fletcher (bobbyfletch85) has signed up as a member here so hopefully we can use this thread to answer some of his questions.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Yay. Thank you for the thread Tricia.

Bob.

I hope others will jump in! This is so exciting!!

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

I'm afraid I can't figure out how to link to the thread, but the Susan McLean case is a good example of the brilliant work you all do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by badgersmythe View Post
    I'm afraid I can't figure out how to link to the thread, but the Susan McLean case is a good example of the brilliant work you all do.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=susan+mclean

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Quote Originally Posted by badgersmythe View Post

Funny you should say that, Badger, I messaged Bob with a couple of prime examples of WSUK at its best and that was one of them:

I'd highly recommend you look at these two cases below, there are many fantastic UK threads but these stand out for either great sleuthing or just great examples of humanity. Other cases have been very emotional and we have all pulled together (Becky Watts and Helen Bailey come to mind) but they are tens of thousands of posts and threads long. So, pour yourself a glass and read these when you have chance, I think it will give you great insight into what we do here.

David Lytton aka The Man on the Moor - still ongoing and in fact a docu went out about him last month. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...e-65-75-Dec-15

Susan McLean, the case that, to me, epitomises what this site is about. Lots of twists and turns and the added bonus of having her husband and her best friend posting among us.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...nd-17-May-2015

One other thing, Bob asked if I had followed the M25 Cat Killer case. I hadn't, and couldn't find a thread for it so if anyone knows anything about that I think he'd be interested, perhaps we could start a thread?

Has anyone else been in touch with him?

Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Funny you should say that, Badger, I messaged Bob with a couple of prime examples of WSUK at its best and that was one of them:
    Damn, I fail the UK! I haven't taken part in so many UK cases.

I was reading about the Cat killer though that Bob had mentioned to me. It popped up on MSN this morning and instantly infuriated me.

Sorry for the slight O/T but I must remember to watch this tonight http://www.channel5.com/show/murder-on-the-internet/ Next weeks episode includes the Kayleigh Haywood case

One other thing, Bob asked if I had followed the M25 Cat Killer case. I hadn't, and couldn't find a thread for it so if anyone knows anything about that I think he'd be interested, perhaps we could start a thread?

Has anyone else been in touch with him?
    Snap cags! I'll look and see if there is a thread, and start one if not
    http://news.sky.com/story/croydon-ca...razen-10843406

Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post
    Damn, I fail the UK! I haven't taken part in so many UK cases.

I was reading about the Cat killer though that Bob had mentioned to me. It popped up on MSN this morning and instantly infuriated me.

Sorry for the slight O/T but I must remember to watch this tonight http://www.channel5.com/show/murder-on-the-internet/ Next weeks episode includes the Kayleigh Haywood case
    You have been invaluable on local cases for your "feet on the ground" - Claudia, Megan & Rory spring to mind.

And then there's your amazing mappage skills!

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have a message from a production company for our British sleuths.

Please keep in mind you contact these people at your own risk.

As far as I know everything is legit but again, you must decide for yourself.

Here you go:

Hello WebSleuths. I’m a Producer and film-maker working for a UK Production Company called Hungry Bear Media. I’ve been studying your forums for a couple of months now and have been blown away by the dedication and attention to detail demonstrated to help solve crimes.

I’m developing a documentary series all about the remarkable work you guys do - everything from sharing evidence, holding media to account, creating extensive crime maps and debating theories. I’ve been in touch with a few of you already who have been very helpful, but am looking to hear from more UK-based users of WebSleuths to get your insight on some British cases.

I’m keen to hear what has drawn you to Web Sleuths. What cases have got you must stumped? What’s the biggest discovery or break-thru you’ve made? Are there users you communicate with a lot? Would you, or have you, ever visited old crime scenes to investigate first-hand?

If you’re interested in being involved, whether that be on camera or helping me find about more about Web Sleuths or would simply like to talk about what you do, please get in touch.

My e-mail address is bob.fletcher@hungrybear.tv

Bob
    I'm not surprised at all. You have worked hard Tricia, and came up smelling like a rose! I love this site!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

You have been invaluable on local cases for your "feet on the ground" - Claudia, Megan & Rory spring to mind.

And then there's your amazing mappage skills!
    TY chick <3

I stared a thread for the cat killer

UK: The M25 (Croydon) Cat Killer

TY chick <3

Let him know, and stick it in the UK Index too, gets more traffic.

EDIT: M25 / traffic - see what I (unintentionally) did there
    Last edited by CoverMeCagney; 04-20-2017 at 11:23 AM.

TY chick <3

I found one from January, only a couple of posts, but lots of links.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-UK-Cat-Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Jax49 View Post
    I found one from January, only a couple of posts, but lots of links.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-UK-Cat-Killer
    I'm having an off day

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast