GUILTY MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #8 *Arrest*

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"Vanessa Marcotte, 27, was last seen Sunday afternoon while visiting family in Princeton, Mass., police said. Around 1 p.m., she went for a jog — and vanished. Officers found her body in the woods that night about a half mile from her mother’s home."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...c-google-employee-dead-mass-article-1.2742909

Presser Aug 8th
[video=youtube;2D3fmpBEAfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D3fmpBEAfU[/video]

In fact, one of the few details investigators have released is that Marcotte did fight back and may have inflicted some injuries on her attacker. Police have asked the public to be on the lookout for anyone with scratches, scrapes or bruises that would have been inflicted around Aug. 7 and to call the anonymous tip line at 508-453-7589.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2016/08/vanessa_marcottes_tweet.html

She had a pattern. Marcotte would visit her mother on a weekends and go for a run before returning to the city on Sundays. If she was the intended victim and her killing was not a random act, Kirby said her weekend runs "would be the place."

http://www.masslive.com/news/worces.../fbi_profiler_on_vanessa_marcotte_killer.html

Video Interview w Unidentified Man in Socks - Says he Gave DNA to LE

[just a note, since we don't the man's name it is acceptable to refer to him as Socks or the UI DNA guy but please avoid other variations - thanks]

Video - Reporter walk thru of Crime Scene

Angelo Colon-Ortiz, 31, was charged with assault and attempted rape, and was held on a $10 million cash bail. Prosecutors said they sought the high bail because they expect to charge him with murder for the slaying of the 27-year-old New York City resident.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/1...with-death-vanessa-marcotte-due-in-court.html

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread $6
Thread #7

Sorry- having some app issues ......

Ortiz COULD have worked on Sundays.

FedEx actually WILL deliver on Sundays (for a price) through Same Day Service and Same Day City Courier Service.

1. FedEx Same Day: "Have an emergency shipment and not a minute to spare? With FedEx SameDay, your package will be at your customer’s door on the same day that you ship it. FedEx SameDay is moving packages less than 150 lbs., 365 days a year, throughout all 50 states."

2. FedEx Same Day City: "Get your packages across your metro area in as little as two hours with local courier delivery by FedEx SameDay[emoji768] City. It’s the reliable, cost-effective service you need to do time-critical business with confidence. Now serving more than 20 metro markets across the country."
The Boston Metro area is one of the Same Day City Markets. The FedEx coverage map (attached as picture) reaches just to the outskirts of the Princeton area.

* IF Ortiz's FedEx contractor handled Same Day and Same Day City deliveries he COULD have been working on a Sunday in the Princeton area.

-JMO

https://www.fedexsameday.com/fdx_ServiceSameDay.aspx
http://local.fedex.com/sameday/boston/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProView attachment 115378[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Having trouble moving between threads and quotes on Tapatalk and trying to catch up from yesterday afternoon.

Excellent review searunner! [emoji106]

Searunner stated, "*Why did he move from PR? Hope we learn more. Given his age and the viciousness of this crime, I have zero doubt that he has committed crimes against women before. Having no record just means he's gotten away with his crimes. He was only in the US for about two-three months (we don’t know when in May he moved here) before he committed this crime. That seems incredulous to me. His impulse control is apparently nil. "

I strongly agree that he has done this before, and the more posts I read and research online I think he's definitely connected to rapes in Puerto Rico. Do we know when he left PR and what area of PR he lived in or where his other child lives in PR. The composite of the Santurce Rapist (just outside San Juan) keeps haunting me with its resemblance to Ortiz.
-JMO

In catching up I saw that Rocky noted Ortiz arrived from Puerto Rico in May 2016.
Do we know where he lived in PR and where his 3rd child lives in PR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've been trying to keep up with all the posts the last couple of days, reading them all. Just want to say that I feel for Vanessa's family. While there must be relief in knowing the monster is behind bars and will face justice, they also now know the face of evil that killed sweet Vanessa. I cannot imagine their grief.

I also feel for ACO's family. He sounds like a violent person who has no respect for women. His wife must be both relieved and terrified. Maybe she suspected him at some point or to some degree, but was too afraid of him to come forward. Not to mention the likelihood that they depended on his income.

Its just chilling to imagine that ACO was likely in and out of Princeton in the days and weeks following Vanessa's horrible murder. I know the community was fearful of the evil that may be living among them, and now we know that he *was* there, in the background, just going about his normal routine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My husband is the one who works for Fedex. He has listened to me talk about this case since it happened, not only has he been thoroughly disgusted with what happened to VM , now he is super disgusted he was a FedEx employee. No matter where this monster worked he would have done this. Makes me wanna vomit.

now he is super disgusted he was a FedEx employee.

He wasn't an employee of FedEx, but an employee of a contracting company that FedEx used. Source: various news reports and other WS posts.

Sorry- having some app issues ......

Ortiz COULD have worked on Sundays.

FedEx actually WILL deliver on Sundays (for a price) through Same Day Service and Same Day City Courier Service.

1. FedEx Same Day: "Have an emergency shipment and not a minute to spare? With FedEx SameDay, your package will be at your customer’s door on the same day that you ship it. FedEx SameDay is moving packages less than 150 lbs., 365 days a year, throughout all 50 states."

2. FedEx Same Day City: "Get your packages across your metro area in as little as two hours with local courier delivery by FedEx SameDay[emoji768] City. It’s the reliable, cost-effective service you need to do time-critical business with confidence. Now serving more than 20 metro markets across the country."
The Boston Metro area is one of the Same Day City Markets. The FedEx coverage map (attached as picture) reaches just to the outskirts of the Princeton area.

* IF Ortiz's FedEx contractor handled Same Day and Same Day City deliveries he COULD have been working on a Sunday in the Princeton area.

-JMO

https://www.fedexsameday.com/fdx_ServiceSameDay.aspx
http://local.fedex.com/sameday/boston/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProView attachment 115378

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]Although Fed-X may deliver in some cases on Sunday, I don't believe Ortiz did, because the Post Office would not have been open.

Having trouble moving between threads and quotes on Tapatalk and trying to catch up from yesterday afternoon.

Excellent review searunner! [emoji106]

Searunner stated, "*Why did he move from PR? Hope we learn more. Given his age and the viciousness of this crime, I have zero doubt that he has committed crimes against women before. Having no record just means he's gotten away with his crimes. He was only in the US for about two-three months (we don’t know when in May he moved here) before he committed this crime. That seems incredulous to me. His impulse control is apparently nil. "

I strongly agree that he has done this before, and the more posts I read and research online I think he's definitely connected to rapes in Puerto Rico. Do we know when he left PR and what area of PR he lived in or where his other child lives in PR. The composite of the Santurce Rapist (just outside San Juan) keeps haunting me with its resemblance to Ortiz.
-JMO

I believe somewhere MSM stated he came here for a better opportunity.
I have been thinking about him not having a record, and I believe that is why he hasn't been charged with murder yet.
I believe that LE thinks that he has a past, therefore they may want to make sure this is his real name before charging him.
If he is involved in the Northboro/Westboro cases, which happened on June 23, 2016, that means he was here in the US for a month or less, meaning that he may have started stalking joggers before he even knew where the local library was.
I don't believe he just woke up one day and out of the blue started committing crimes at 31 years old, and I don't think that LE believes that either.

In catching up I saw that Rocky noted Ortiz arrived from Puerto Rico in May 2016.
Do we know where he lived in PR and where his 3rd child lives in PR?

The way I understand it. He has 2 kids, and one from his wifes previous relationship/marriage. all living together.

They still need to comfirm PR citizenship, I think. According to a LE officer I spoke with it is not 100% certain he is actually from PR. Apparently often times they will register there then make it to the states. Not sure it really matters either way, aside of course from the political firestorm it would ignite.

So Oritz moves his entire family from PR to Worcester MA a place he has no known ties to in May 2016. He finds a place to live buys a car and lands a job within 2 weeks all without speaking the language we are led to believe. And in a matter of days finds an accomplice if we assume the Westboro attack was ACO to attack female joggers. That doesn't seem to add up.

I'm new to the board but been following this case since the beginning. Stumbled on this website and been reading each single post since Monday. Everyone has great insight.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'd like to highlight something about the Northborough runner case on June 23rd. According to the runner, it happened on a Thursday at 10:30am. She was running on Lyman Street near Talbot Road. She spotted him waiting and once she passed him attacked her from behind. Her description of the man was 5'8, hispanic, black shirt and kakis. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you search that address in Google Map (Lyman Street/Talbot Road Northborough MA) you'll notice it's the home of the Fedex Warehouses! Hopefully this women is capable to correctly identify if ACO was the attacker. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Keep up the good work everyone!

So Oritz moves his entire family from PR to Worcester MA a place he has no known ties to in May 2016. He finds a place to live buys a car and lands a job within 2 weeks all without speaking the language we are led to believe. And in a matter of days finds an accomplice if we assume the Westboro attack was ACO to attack female joggers. That doesn't seem to add up.

Agreed it does not add up, unless the accomplice was someone he knew in PR or something. The Fed Ex location seems too much a coincidence for it to not be related, but we'll see.

The Puerto Rican economy has been decimated by some tax law changes. It used to have a relatively thriving economy. But they took on billions of debt and are now in default. So there is likely to be many more citizens coming from that area. Let's hope they are all law abiding citizens that decide to relocate.

I’m just catching up from yesterday - really great post from Searunner and thanks Rocky for the outline of the knowns vs unknowns. I agree with almost all your points except for how long he was with her. My guess is that she didn’t reach his vehicle until ~1:30 - and I think he probably turned her cell phone off at 2:11, after it was all over, so only around 45 minutes. MOO

Regarding if VM was the specific target, I’m slowly changing my way of thinking. I initially thought she was targeted directly but I’m not sure he would have had the opportunity to interact with VM enough to know her schedule. I’ve been dwelling on the fact the CO had only been in the US for 3 months before this attack and he started working soon after moving here. He did not have a chance to get familiar with the area.

SO - where was he comfortable? What was he familiar with?

As others have suggested I totally think this was not his first attack and I am strongly considering that he was behind the Northborough attack as well. Here’s what I’m thinking:
-May 2016: CO moves to Worcester, gets a job working for Fed-Ex contractor within 2 weeks, works 4am-11am, weekdays, some weekends; this does not leave much time for him to explore the community

**Assuming - MOO – that he is a repeat predator and has done this before in PR, he probably immediately starts to look for places where he can easily attack women

-June 2016: Big assumption here - if, as hypothesized, he works out of the Northborough FedEx warehouse, he would first feel familiar with the area around his workplace. He scopes out the roads, nearby parks, and attacks a jogger in the vicinity of his work; she escapes; he’s forced to find a new location

-August 2016: He’s been driving the Princeton route for approximately ~3 months; has noticed women walking/jogging on BSR; it’s rural, fairly secluded, and there is a good pull-off near the cart path; he decides this is the area of his next attack

On the day of VMs attack, maybe he was tied up with family obligations in the am (church?) and wasn’t able to leave Princeton until ~12:00, putting him on BSR at 12:30/12:45ish. I don’t think he could have been there for very long or else there would probably be additional witness testimony. He opens his trunk, talks or pretends to talk on his cell, and waits.

MOO

Agreed it does not add up, unless the accomplice was someone he knew in PR or something. The Fed Ex location seems too much a coincidence for it to not be related, but we'll see.

A couple of newspapers have reported that "the name “Adrian Colon-Ortiz” was written on one of the mailboxes out front" of the multi-unit building where he lives. Maybe he moved here because of family connections.

http://www.thelandmark.com/articles/marcotte-murder-suspect-did-not-make-impact-on-neighbors/

Edited to add: "The attorney also cleared up questions about where Colon-Ortiz lives, 68 Woodland St., Worcester. The apartment, according to Ryan, belonged to his client’s brother, Adrian, and the lease was in the brother’s name. It was not immediately clear whether the lease is no longer under that name."

https://worcestermag.com/2017/04/18/attorney-vanessa-marcotte-murder-suspect-no-stranger-high-profile-cases/50895

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back