1224 users online (214 members and 1010 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
Results 331 to 342 of 342
  1. #331
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by Steleheart View Post
    Let us not overlook the fact that even non-smokers often have a lighter if for nothing else but to light up a blunt.

    JMO
    I was thinking about the blunts too, and then I was thinking that drivers for Fed Ex get random drug testing so maybe he wasn't a weed smoker.
    Then again he was a third party driver, and maybe Fex Ex don't random test.

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by searunner View Post
    Thanks weepingangel for posting the link to that article.

    Rocky, excellent analysis. It does seem a quandary why he seems to have had a gas can with him, yet seems to have purchased the gas after he killed Vanessa. The gas can in auto could possibly indicate premeditation, though not necessarily. But, let's remember this monster is not the brightest bulb in the bunch, so his actions might not make sense to this largely intelligent group. I mean he was standing outside his vehicle in full view of passersby nearby where Vanessa's body would later be found! And he'd be more memorable than some non-descript white guy, given the demographics of the area. And it was really stupid to pay for the gas via a credit card, rather than by cash.

    But let's thank goodness for the fact that he isn't Einstein, as his stupidity -- possibly partly due to narcissism -- is what did him in.

    Really would love to know the family background/story, but that's something we probably won't ever know.
    You bring up an interesting point about paying by credit card, vs cash.
    Maybe he didn't have any cash on hand, and knowing how easy it would be to track a credit card, unless he has been living under a rock and doesn't known this, I am thinking this was not premeditated to the point he planned the murder part out in advance.

  3. #333
    Madeleine74's Avatar
    Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,230
    Crime Scene 1: where he first grabbed her on the side of the road as she was running

    Crime Scene 2: where her body was found



    Premeditated vs Pre-planning

    Pre-planning is not an element of a crime that has to be proved.

    Premeditation does have to be proved. It can be established in mere seconds.

    example: Death by Strangulation - it takes upwards of 4 min for the victim to die. The perp knows if he/she continues to cut off air supply, the person will die. They keep cutting off the victim's air, they have formed intent. That's premeditation.
    Last edited by Madeleine74; 09-27-2017 at 08:09 AM.

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    43
    Curious as to why such evidence including a photo of the receipt would be released to the public long before a trial date is even set.

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    43
    Difficult to tell from Google Street View but it's odd to not be able to pay at the pump. I wonder if the cashier "Dawn" will be able to identify ACO.

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    Crime Scene 1: where he first grabbed her on the side of the road as she was running

    Crime Scene 2: where her body was found



    Premeditated vs Pre-planning

    Pre-planning is not an element of a crime that has to be proved.

    Premeditation does have to be proved. It can be established in mere seconds.

    example: Death by Strangulation - it takes upwards of 4 min for the victim to die. The perp knows if he/she continues to cut off air supply, the person will die. They keep cutting off the victim's air, they have formed intent. That's premeditation.
    Pre planning a murder by buying a shovel and a handgun a year before you commit a murder. That's premeditation as well.

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    816
    According to this article, the reason they think there was a secondary crime scene is because her right shoe, articles of clothing, and her phone were not recovered.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3522460

    The victim’s right shoe, several items of clothing and her white Apple iPhone 6 have not been recovered, prompting authorities to believe the attack took place at a location different than where she was found, Mass Live reported. The clothing include a pair of gray or black running shorts, woman’s underwear, a Dana Farber baseball cap and one Saucony Triumph shoe, size 11.

    I think they got the model number of the shoe mixed up with the size.
    Saucony Triumph makes a model 11.

    If it was a size 11 she had big feet, unless it was one of his.



  8. #338
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred52 View Post
    Curious as to why such evidence including a photo of the receipt would be released to the public long before a trial date is even set.
    The reason could very well be because LE thinks that AO acted alone, therefore the warrant wasn't sealed.
    If there were future arrests planned, the judge may have sealed the record so any other suspects would not have a heads up therefore giving any suspects the inability to destroy evidence, or make up alibis etc.

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    816
    Here's another article that reads VM was found face up wearing only a sports bra.

    https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...BYK/story.html

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky1 View Post
    You bring up an interesting point about paying by credit card, vs cash.
    Maybe he didn't have any cash on hand, and knowing how easy it would be to track a credit card, unless he has been living under a rock and doesn't known this, I am thinking this was not premeditated to the point he planned the murder part out in advance.
    Yes, I agree. I think it was likely he planned to abduct/rape, but perhaps didn't plan the murder -- or, rather I should say, didn't plan to murder her when and where he did. Vanessa put up more fight than he expected, which may have threw him. Nonetheless, I still believe his lack of intelligence and likely narcissism come shining through -- he obviously didn't give much thought to a Plan B, so to speak. He should have realized he might need something or whatever and have had at least $5 in cash on him.

    I think most of us who have been on the thread for a long while have long thought this was an attempted abduction gone wrong.

    P.S. Rocky -- While it may not be relevant, the shoe size also grabbed my attention. Had same thought as you -- very hard to believe petite Vanessa wore an 11, though it's possible.
    Last edited by searunner; 09-27-2017 at 09:22 PM.


  11. #341
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by searunner View Post
    Yes, I agree. I think it was likely he planned to abduct/rape, but perhaps didn't plan the murder -- or, rather I should say, didn't plan to murder her when and where he did. Vanessa put up more fight than he expected, which may have threw him. Nonetheless, I still believe his lack of intelligence and likely narcissism come shining through -- he obviously didn't give much thought to a Plan B, so to speak. He should have realized he might need something or whatever and have had at least $5 in cash on him.

    I think most of us who have been on the thread for a long while have long thought this was an attempted abduction gone wrong.

    P.S. Rocky -- While it may not be relevant, the shoe size also grabbed my attention. Had same thought as you -- very hard to believe petite Vanessa wore an 11, though it's possible.
    True, many here did think it was an abduction gone wrong.. myself included.
    There was also lots of discussion on whether or not an accelerant was used.
    My thought all along was that there were not any used because of my thought the murder wasn't pre planned, therefore he would have not had any accelerants with him. Some thought he went and got an accelerant at a nearby home where he lived etc. I thought he just used the dead wood lying around in the woods. I never thought anyone would return to a crime scene in the middle of the day carrying a gas can in the woods in broad daylight.
    I was wrong.
    LE must have been wondering the same thing. Where did he get the gas?
    They didn't have to look very far after all. The closest gas station.

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    43
    Any update on the next court appearance which was supposed to be October 5th? I can't find anything.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1092
    Last Post: 04-20-2017, 09:49 AM
  2. Replies: 1012
    Last Post: 01-04-2017, 11:11 PM
  3. Replies: 1221
    Last Post: 12-20-2016, 07:01 PM
  4. Replies: 950
    Last Post: 11-18-2016, 04:07 PM
  5. MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1
    By Inthedetails in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1040
    Last Post: 08-14-2016, 08:42 AM

Tags for this Thread