GUILTY IN - Nicole Gland, 24, murdered, Chesterton, 19 April 2017 *Arrest*

colette

Reaction score
Police were notified at 9:10 a.m. after Gland's body was found in a silver Ford SUV that police say ran into a discarded couch next to a dumpster in the 100 block of South Calumet Avenue, Cincoski said. The crash likely occurred after the incident, he said. The car was found behind commercial buildings, including the Chesterton Tribune, he said.

"We have reason to believe it wasn't there when the bar upstairs (Upper Deck Lounge) was closed," he said.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_5f926106-a45f-5964-8048-783e8e0cd1ab.html

Gland sustained 24 separate stab wounds, including defensive wounds to both hands and forearms, Harris said. “It’s one of the worst stabbings I’ve ever seen.”

The driver’s side window of the vehicle was partially rolled down, but Cincoski declined to say whether Gland’s keys were in the SUV’s ignition and whether the vehicle had been left in Park, Neutral, or Drive.
He did say that no purse or identification was found in the vehicle.

Anyone who may have seen or heard anything unusual late Tuesday night or early Wednesday evening--on Lois Lane, in Coffee Creek Park, or at any of the South Calumet Road businesses which might have been open at the time--to call the CPD at 926-1136.

http://www.chestertontribune.com/PoliceFireEmergency/coroner_nicole_gland_24_died_of.htm

LE thinks they might have an arrest soon and they have multiple persons of interest. Nicole was very popular with many Facebook friends writing tributes.

Nicole Gland was found at about 9 a.m. slumped over the wheel of a silver SUV in the 100-block of South Calumet, behind the Chesterton Tribune building. A newspaper employee discovered the woman, the newspaper reported.

"At approximately 9 a.m. we received a call from a local business of a vehicle parked off a vacant lot that the driver was slumped over the wheel of," said Chesterton Police Chief David Cincoski.

She was stabbed multiple times while in the seat of her vehicle, but a murder weapon has not been identified. No one was in custody Wednesday.

The Porter County Coroner's Office said an autopsy conducted Thursday confirmed Gland died from multiple stab wounds.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/body-of-24-year-old-woman-found-in-suv-in-downtown-chesterton/1892167/

The cause of Gland’s death, according to Porter County Coroner Chuck Harris, following a forensic autopsy conducted early this morning: exsanguination as a result of multiple stab wounds to the torso, head, and neck.

Gland sustained 24 separate stab wounds, including defensive wounds to both hands and forearms, Harris said. “It’s one of the worst stabbings I’ve ever seen.”

Meanwhile, Cincoski told the Tribune that he’s hopeful of a quick resolution to the investigation. “We have identified a number of persons of interest,” he said.

Cincoski emphasized that he has no reason to believe the public is at risk and expressed his belief that the person responsible for Gland’s murder will be soon apprehended and charged.

Multiple persons of interest have been interviewed, Cincoski added, but he declined to say what their relationship to Gland might have been.

http://www.chestertontribune.com/PoliceFireEmergency/coroner_nicole_gland_24_died_of.htm

I fail to see how the public is not at risk with someone in his has stabbed a woman to death. Even if it was someone who knew her, this person is obviously capable of evil, so it stands to reason the public is at risk. What if he's pissed off at someone else?

I fail to see how the public is not at risk with someone in his has stabbed a woman to death. Even if it was someone who knew her, this person is obviously capable of evil, so it stands to reason the public is at risk. What if he's pissed off at someone else?

I agree. It's a strange statement from LE. They haven't made an arrest yet, so it stands to reason that the perp is still a threat to the community.

I was a bartender when I was in my 20's. It was very creepy sometimes at the end of my shift. Lots of drunk weirdos who thought you 'liked' them because you had to be nice and polite to them at work...:eek:

Makes me wonder if someone was waiting for her and wanted to 'hang out' and they were rejected...

Two weird things, her drivers window was partially rolled down and no ID or purse was found.

I was a bartender when I was in my 20's. It was very creepy sometimes at the end of my shift. Lots of drunk weirdos who thought you 'liked' them because you had to be nice and polite to them at work...:eek:

Makes me wonder if someone was waiting for her and wanted to 'hang out' and they were rejected...

I was a bartender in my 20s also, as a second (evening) job after my day job, it was the best way to save for our home. We had to be "nice and friendly" to all the customers. At the end of the shift they would all be in the carpark and it was difficult to get past them and get to my car as quickly as possible. It would have been good to have a staff car park where we wouldn't have to walk past them. All the weirdo drunks think the bartender is in love with them and want to tell her all their stories. :crush:
I also think think someone was waiting for her - and was rejected.

Police in Chesterton, Indiana, planned to provide new information on the investigation into the murder of a bartender found stabbed outside the bar where she worked this week.

The murder is believed to be the first in town in about three years.

Chesterton police said they would provide an update on the case at a news conference Friday afternoon.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/04...-update-on-murder-of-bartender-in-chesterton/

[video=twitter;855477732230279168]https://twitter.com/BaichwalABC7/status/855477732230279168[/video]

Ravi Baichwal‏
Verified account
@BaichwalABC7 25m
25 minutes ago

Friends of Chesterton murder victim Nicole Gland gather to hear of charges being laid in case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back