1448 users online (315 members and 1133 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Posts
    8,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Dénouement View Post
    What I'm finding is that people are creating threads and not including the person's photograph
    I have posted a few missing persons that stated no photo available but I try to pass that info along with the post. : )

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBorn View Post
    Do you have to have so many posts before you can start a thread? I'm thinking that's the case and came across an active Amber alert so maybe someone else can start it

    http://abc13.com/amp/news/missing-5-...-park/1909974/

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    this must be the case! i have been a long time fan of this website.
    this website is such a valuable resource. I never imagined that i would be trying to reach out on here the way that i am. I have all the information ready to plug in for a friend of a friend who has been missing for over 2 weeks. the button to start a new thread is nowhere to be found! reading all these replies about OCD triggering when things are in the wrong format alarms me, and points me to the notion that not just anybody can hop on here and start a post. it must be well informed and planned.
    with all of this being said i am very frustrated and feel like i must start contributing more on this community and not just be a spectator.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Independence, Missouri
    Posts
    9
    A quick question: What if there is no poster/MSM available? An old friend from high school has been missing for 10 days now and all we have are social media postings about it and inclusion in the Active Missing Persons list on Missouri Highway Patrol's website. The AMP list includes her name, DOB, gender, race, etc. but there is no poster and no photos outside of social media. Is this just a "nope" affair? TIA

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21,462
    Quote Originally Posted by JessiP View Post
    A quick question: What if there is no poster/MSM available? An old friend from high school has been missing for 10 days now and all we have are social media postings about it and inclusion in the Active Missing Persons list on Missouri Highway Patrol's website. The AMP list includes her name, DOB, gender, race, etc. but there is no poster and no photos outside of social media. Is this just a "nope" affair? TIA
    A law enforcement agency is a good source; include a link to the MHP page and you're good to go.

    A pic is not always available at first and can be added to thread later.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    36
    20 posts is the magic number. I was able to post a new thread! (I made one for Minetssy)

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    512
    This question is more about 'closing' a missing person thread. If the person had a page on NCMEC or LE website, but it's no longer than, is that enough to close the case as them being found, or does it need to be actual LE saying 'person is found'. I feel like quite a few cases, especially with kids, end up not having a LE saying 'person found', so I am just wondering about that. Is there a link to go to find out more information about this aspect?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21,462
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketotalk15 View Post
    This question is more about 'closing' a missing person thread. If the person had a page on NCMEC or LE website, but it's no longer than, is that enough to close the case as them being found, or does it need to be actual LE saying 'person is found'. I feel like quite a few cases, especially with kids, end up not having a LE saying 'person found', so I am just wondering about that. Is there a link to go to find out more information about this aspect?
    Generally, if a case disappears from NCMEC or NamUs, it's a pretty good bet the missing person has been located. Not 100%, but often enough that we will accept it in order to close a case.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1
    How do i post thread on here?

    Many years ago,like in 1978,79 i was either at a family outing or a school outing and i ran away,and found two strangers and they said they don't know me,but i said i know them. Was at a musuem in Wash D.C.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2
    A friend of a friend (21 year old girl) has been missing in Los Angeles for over a month. The LA media has not picked up on this, but LAPD has an active open case file and a detective assigned. Would this be enough for a post? I don't have credentials to make a new thread, either.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by laikacat View Post
    A friend of a friend (21 year old girl) has been missing in Los Angeles for over a month. The LA media has not picked up on this, but LAPD has an active open case file and a detective assigned. Would this be enough for a post? I don't have credentials to make a new thread, either.
    Laikacat we are in the same boat with a missing person in LA and can't get media on the story!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Raleigh, NC and Myrtle Beach,Sc
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by laikacat View Post
    A friend of a friend (21 year old girl) has been missing in Los Angeles for over a month. The LA media has not picked up on this, but LAPD has an active open case file and a detective assigned. Would this be enough for a post? I don't have credentials to make a new thread, either.
    PM her info and I'll be more than glad to start a thread for you.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Raleigh, NC and Myrtle Beach,Sc
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunnermt View Post
    Laikacat we are in the same boat with a missing person in LA and can't get media on the story!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    I'll be more than happy to start a thread for you if you send me the MPs info

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    77

    How to Start a Missing Person Thread

    Missing from Neptune Beach FL 15 yo Logan Mott and Kristina French. (Can’t post)

    https://www.news4jax.com/news/large-...-neptune-beach


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Raleigh, NC and Myrtle Beach,Sc
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Catch2266 View Post
    Missing from Neptune Beach FL 15 yo Logan Mott and Kristina French. (Can’t post)

    https://www.news4jax.com/news/large-...-neptune-beach


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Here you go!

    https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-November-2017

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    41
    Wondering if someone could help me start one for this guy?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Can users start new missing person's threads?
    By Skigirl in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 10:50 AM