1529 users online (308 members and 1221 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dénouement View Post
    What I'm finding is that people are creating threads and not including the person's photograph
    I have posted a few missing persons that stated no photo available but I try to pass that info along with the post. : )

Quote Originally Posted by TXBorn View Post
    Do you have to have so many posts before you can start a thread? I'm thinking that's the case and came across an active Amber alert so maybe someone else can start it

http://abc13.com/amp/news/missing-5-...-park/1909974/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    this must be the case! i have been a long time fan of this website.
    this website is such a valuable resource. I never imagined that i would be trying to reach out on here the way that i am. I have all the information ready to plug in for a friend of a friend who has been missing for over 2 weeks. the button to start a new thread is nowhere to be found! reading all these replies about OCD triggering when things are in the wrong format alarms me, and points me to the notion that not just anybody can hop on here and start a post. it must be well informed and planned.
    with all of this being said i am very frustrated and feel like i must start contributing more on this community and not just be a spectator.

A quick question: What if there is no poster/MSM available? An old friend from high school has been missing for 10 days now and all we have are social media postings about it and inclusion in the Active Missing Persons list on Missouri Highway Patrol's website. The AMP list includes her name, DOB, gender, race, etc. but there is no poster and no photos outside of social media. Is this just a "nope" affair? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by JessiP View Post
    A quick question: What if there is no poster/MSM available? An old friend from high school has been missing for 10 days now and all we have are social media postings about it and inclusion in the Active Missing Persons list on Missouri Highway Patrol's website. The AMP list includes her name, DOB, gender, race, etc. but there is no poster and no photos outside of social media. Is this just a "nope" affair? TIA
    A law enforcement agency is a good source; include a link to the MHP page and you're good to go.

A pic is not always available at first and can be added to thread later.

I attempted to post a new missing person - have no idea where it is now?! So sorry. And I didn't see this thread first. I will wait until tomorrow and then try again?

Quote Originally Posted by searcher8621 View Post
    I attempted to post a new missing person - have no idea where it is now?! So sorry. And I didn't see this thread first. I will wait until tomorrow and then try again?
    I went to your profile, looked at threads you started, there are none so it's possible your thread was pulled or it never submitted. In order to list someone as missing there has to be an MP report or NamUs/Doe link or news article

20 posts is the magic number. I was able to post a new thread! (I made one for Minetssy)

This question is more about 'closing' a missing person thread. If the person had a page on NCMEC or LE website, but it's no longer than, is that enough to close the case as them being found, or does it need to be actual LE saying 'person is found'. I feel like quite a few cases, especially with kids, end up not having a LE saying 'person found', so I am just wondering about that. Is there a link to go to find out more information about this aspect?

Quote Originally Posted by iliketotalk15 View Post
    This question is more about 'closing' a missing person thread. If the person had a page on NCMEC or LE website, but it's no longer than, is that enough to close the case as them being found, or does it need to be actual LE saying 'person is found'. I feel like quite a few cases, especially with kids, end up not having a LE saying 'person found', so I am just wondering about that. Is there a link to go to find out more information about this aspect?
    Generally, if a case disappears from NCMEC or NamUs, it's a pretty good bet the missing person has been located. Not 100%, but often enough that we will accept it in order to close a case.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3