708 users online (80 members and 628 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MO - Carl DeBrodie, 31, Fulton, 17 April 2017

DeBrodie was reported missing from his home at 298 Claymine Drive in Fulton Monday morning at 7:30 a.m. Police said he has a mental disability and has very limited ability to communicate verbally.

DeBrodie was last seen wearing blue jeans, an orange and white polo-style shirt, leather jacket and white New Balance sneakers.

http://www.komu.com/news/share-31-ye...bility-missing

How terrifying for the parents. (Dad still refers to him as a "good little boy") The mental capacity of a 7 yr old. He has been gone for 5 days. There must have been something terribly wrong with the group home he was in if they have moved all of the residents out already. Hope he is found safe and sound soon!!!
    Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward

Endangered Person Advisory issued for missing Fulton man

Police are actively searching for a mentally disabled man who has not been seen in five days.

Debrodie suffers from apraxia and other mental disabilities, police said. He is legally blind.

http://www.kmov.com/story/35217557/e...ing-fulton-man

This is so incredibly sad. Thank goodness the community is doing a great job of getting the word out about Carl. One article has been shared 1.4K times! I hope they find him soon!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Thanks to the mod that changed the title to Endangered!

ETA Mods are like ninja's. : )
    Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 04-22-2017 at 08:22 PM.

There are public records concerning some people trying to adopt him a couple years ago. It was denied by the Judge and Appeals Court Judge affirmed. The documents give more info on his disabilities. He has been diagnosed with Pica. A disorder in which people will eat items that are not really food. It says one time he ate a battery. This is truly a dangerous situation for him.
    Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward

Body possibly found

Myers stated he was relatively certain that a body found was Debrodie, but was not 100 percent sure.

Authorities said the body was transported to Columbia for an autopsy, which will hopefully determine the identity of the individual and cause of death.

http://krcgtv.com/news/local/fulton-...brodie-is-over

As a parent of a disabled adult- I am sick

Quote Originally Posted by Darling136 View Post
    "[FPD Chief] Myers would not comment on where the body was found or any of the circumstances surrounding it. However the chief noted that officers executed 12 search warrants in connection to the case since last week."

Sounds like foul play ... why would anyone hurt him??

Quote Originally Posted by inmyhumbleopinion View Post
    "[FPD Chief] Myers would not comment on where the body was found or any of the circumstances surrounding it. However the chief noted that officers executed 12 search warrants in connection to the case since last week."

Sounds like foul play ... why would anyone hurt him??
    This is very sad. If indeed it is him and someone harmed him.

During a search, police found a body in a large container filled with concrete in a storage unit on South Westminster Ave in Fulton. It was determined that it was likely the body of Carl DeBrodie inside this container.

DeBrodie's family confirmed that the body the police found is his. Autopsy results have not yet been received.
    http://www.komu.com/news/updated-bod...ssing-man-case

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Well that was not at all what I expected to see.. RIP Carl.

Horrible what some people do to each other. RIP, carl. May justice be fair and swift.

He had been staying t a group home for the last 9 years.

"I am frustrated and I believe there is a high quality of negligence on the group home, on the people who own the group home, the people who managed it, the guardian, and the state of Missouri," said DeBrodie's cousin, Rebecca Summers.

Summers said DeBrodie had been staying at the*Second Chance Group Home for the last nine years. He was reported missing from his group home on April 17.

http://www.abc17news.com/news/body-f...lton/461175568

It seems that there was an ownership/management change recently and at or near the same time he was then reported missing. I have been trying to find out when that change took place but haven't had any luck so far.

The place where he was found was a locked storage locker so somebody had to have put him there. To me only an animal would hurt someone like him. Just beyond words.

JMO

JMO

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast