1299 users online (216 members and 1083 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    "What is more frightening than any particular policy or ideology is the widespread habit of disregarding facts.
    --Thomas Sowell

I'm glad the Feds have him. Seems less messy. Jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by dyannaON View Post
    I'm glad the Feds have him. Seems less messy. Jmo.
    The Feds don't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapua View Post
    Hopefully, the bail will be set very high and nobody will post it. Also, hopefully, if he does not plead guilty and this goes to a jury, the defense attorney will ask for a change of venue.
    Because he is such a flight risk, I doubt he will be given bond. IMO

I can't imagine what is going through ET's, JC's and his family's mind right now. This guy destroyed so much!
    RIP - Hannah Graham RIP - Beverly Carter RIP - Moonchild

Re: the money -

I think he was broke...think about it. He has been on the move constantly for the better part of a month. Driving out of his way to avoid being seen (evidence of this is going to Guymon). All that driving costs gas.

Add in hotel rooms, camp fees, etc.

Then add in food. Say $20 a day for fast food....then add in various Walmart trips.

It all adds up. If he wasn't broke, then he certainly was close.

"What is more frightening than any particular policy or ideology is the widespread habit of disregarding facts.
    --Thomas Sowell

Hopefully, the bail will be set very high and nobody will post it. Also, hopefully, if he does not plead guilty and this goes to a jury, the defense attorney will ask for a change of venue.
    BBM

I'm thinking the opposite - the defense would want him tried where he has "support".
    MOO, IMO, etc...

It took several hours, eight officers and a sniper to bring kidnapping suspect Tad Cummins into custody in Northern California.

Officers waited for hours in the cold for the pair to come outside.

Thomas and Cummins practically walked from the cabin into their patrol cars, but getting to that point was all part of a well thought-out tactical plan.

Officers knew Cummins had two guns with him. Both weapons were loaded.

The officers set up around 2 a.m. Thursday. The capture didn't happen until 9:30 a.m.

The plan was to have the man who owns the cabin drive past and honk his horn. The horn didn't work, so the man just kept driving back and forth down the road until it got Cummins' attention.

Cummins and Thomas came out twice to check things out.

Cummins reportedly had a cup of coffee in his hand and walked out by the creek wearing a big jacket.

Once officers made contact, Cummins surrendered without incident.

Officers said Thomas was highly emotional.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/35207766...s-into-custody

TC's family's statement:

Jill, Erica and Ashlee are glad this chapter of the ordeal is over. They are grateful to all law enforcement for their hard work.

Jill would like to specifically thank the Maury County Sheriff Department and individually thank Bucky Rowland and Nathan Johns for how they handled the investigation and search for Tad Cummins and Elizabeth Thomas.

Jill, Erica and Ashlee also appreciate the local and national media for keeping this story in the spotlight. They are thankful that Elizabeth Thomas will soon be returned to her family, where she can begin the healing process.

Jill, Erica and Ashlee have the utmost respect for District Attorney Brent Cooper and acting U.S. Attorney John L. Smith and they trust the judicial system to administer justice upon Tad Cummins.

Jill, Erica and Ashlee offer neither comment nor opinion about what should or should not happen to Tad Cummins and leave that up to the capable individuals involved in the judicial system.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/35210985/t...raigned-monday
    Last edited by Vedder; 04-21-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    MOO, IMO, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by pegs View Post
    He looks really scuzzy and unkept in his mugshot. Between that and his comment that he was "glad it was over" I suspect life on the run wasn't the exciting endeavor TC had thought it would be. I suspected from the start that he would blow through any money they had and stay in relatively comfy motels. What surprises me is that they ended up in Northern Cal. Being a native CA, I know that in those areas locals can be very suspicious.

I am wondering if Tad was planning to get into the pot biz. Siskiyou County is in the 'Emerald Triangle' and there are off the grid growers up there that might have hired him to help out with not too many questions asked?

At any rate I'm so happy for the observant citizens who reported in. If he had worked his way into any professions that discouraged reporting, he may have been able to remain hiddlen longer.
    He sure does look scuzzy, but in fairness, he just woke up.

I'm surprised how clean the car looks, after a cross-country trip and out to the remote commune, etc., especially with all of the bad weather we've had.

Reading through the charges, it seems that he only had the $4500 and not hundreds or thousands more, as we originally speculated.

Granted, it was a long road trip, and like I mentioned before CA gas prices are at least $1 more per gallon here than anywhere else, but I really would not have expected them to be dead broke at this point. They would have needed blankets and cold weather clothes for their trip north.

Maybe he still had some money but was trying to conserve it until he found work. that's my best guess.

I drove the long scenic routes yesterday, US1 and 101, SF to LA and it cost me about $70 in gas at $2.79 a gallon. It's about the same cost to drive from Berkeley to Cecilville.
    It is easy to blow a lot of money in the Bay Area, including Berkeley, on food and lodging.
    They could possibly avoid showing I.D. renting a weekly room or apartment on Craigslist, some people are lax.
    It's all MOO

Quote Originally Posted by JLSChook View Post
    He looks happy for now.

But hopefully Jill and the kids don't show up for any of his court cases.

Because that will be his ultimate punishment for his selfish thinking and acts. Jmo.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes View Post
    I understand that he is pleased she was found, but he should probably just be quiet now. IMO
    Seriously.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast