Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
15-year-old Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas may be in the area of Decatur, Alabama.

She is white, blonde hair, hazel eyes, 5 feet 5 inches and 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing a flannel shirt and black leggings.

Thomas is believed to be in the company of 50-year-old Tad Cummins, a white male, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, brown hair and brown eyes. He is believed to be armed with two handguns and driving a Silver Nissan Rogue with Tennessee tag number 976ZPT.

ElizabethThomasMissingChild16x9_1489527855127_8971019_ver1.0.JPG

http://wate.com/2017/03/14/statewide-endangered-child-alert-for-missing-middle-tennessee-teen/
http://www.waff.com/story/34847631/endangered-tn-runaway-may-be-in-decatur-area
http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/statewide-endangered-child-alert-issued-for-missing-teen/422561108

ARREST AFFIDAVIT

Verified Insiders:

MCElizabethsSISTER

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14

Amber Alert: Elizabeth Thomas found safe in Northern California; Former teacher arrested
Apr 20, 2017

The TBI says they have found missing 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas safe in Northern California.

Her former teacher, Tad Cummins, has been arrested in connection to her kidnapping.

A spokesperson for the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Department said Cummins' Nissan Rogue was found late Wednesday night. The vehicle's original license plate had been removed, but officials were able to confirm the vehicle through its VIN.

The Rules - Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals

Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).
***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Curious about the kidnapping, is that going to be a charge because of her age? From what i have read it appears she went willingly. Jmo

Man who tipped off authorities about missing Tenn. student Elizabeth Thomas describes 'clues'
Apr 21, 2017, 7:46 AM ET

The man who tipped off authorities and led them to a former Tennessee teacher accused of kidnapping his 15-year-old student said there were "clues" that made him suspicious of the pair.

Griffin Barry came across Elizabeth Thomas and her alleged abductor, Tad Cummins, at a gas station in far northern California when they were needing money for gas, food and a place to stay.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/man-tipped-off-authorities-missing-tenn-student-elizabeth/story?id=46933348

http://wkrn.com/2017/04/21/nashville-native-helped-lead-police-to-tad-cummins-elizabeth-thomas/
A little more info about the man who called 911.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From link

" Barry said Cummins and Thomas were looking for the Black Bear Ranch Commune but were flat broke and out of gas.

“I put some gas in his car and gave him 40 dollars and said if it doesn’t work come back I’ll feed you you, know what I mean?” said Barry.

They reportedly made it to the ranch, but members of the commune knew something was amiss.

“I feel a little funny because there were all kinds of indications that there was something a little funny going on never occurred to me that she was 15 year old, they said she was 22, I thought… yeah,” said Peter LaughingWolf.

LaughingWolf said when the commune told Cummins it wouldn’t be a good fit for the commune, he reportedly stormed off with his young victim.

“What really should have been a clue that something was wrong was that he got so angry when that was shared with them,” added LaughingWolf.

Cummins and Thomas went back to the property Barry tends and he said they could stay in his cabin if they agreed to work on the property."

Both Cummins and the teenager looked healthy, but the girl was visibly emotional as the ordeal came to an end.

Investigators also recovered two loaded handguns and a collection of stones marked with the names of locations where the two had presumably stopped during their travels.

Cummins told arresting officers that he felt relief.

Cummins' extradition would likely take weeks to arrange.

A US Attorney said his office will add a federal charge against Cummins, for transportation of a minor across state lines for sexual intercourse. That offense carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.

https://www.streetinsider.com/Reute...apping+case+captured,+girl+safe/12797557.html

If a Federal case (vs state) there will not be any cameras in the courtroom, and longer sentence potentially. My guess is they will go for federal charges first. Good, as not too happy with potential state trial and that "friend" DA and jury pool.

She's got 31yrs invested in her marriage with TC including grand babies. He's been her life all those years and all she has known. Southern women that age are taught to stand be their men. Take the good with the bad. I'm from Tenn and around her age and had this kind of upbringing. In every interview I watched of JC I wasn't convinced she would truly divorce him but would eventually welcome him back.

His family is all he has and he will manipulate his way back into it. He will have her believing it wasn't his fault and he's so sorry. I'm 99.9% positive she will support and standby him like Dottie Sandusky. She reminds me so much of her. Too nice, gentle, loving and probably very gullible. Sadly, he probably knew in the end she would forgive and take him back. She would always be there. [emoji19]

I sure hope she has had enough time to process exactly what he has done and how that reflects on what she thought her marriage was. If she stands by him, she stands to lose a lot. His legal fees alone will put them so far in the hole that they'll never recover. They already took out a loan to cover his suspension alone. It could also have ramifications on her job too. TC put the school in a very bad position and they face lawsuits because of it, to have her standing behind him could be more than they can tolerate and have her one the payroll too. As some of the details come out the town holdouts (I hope) would find it difficult to continue to thing TC is that wonderful guy. IMO JC has a lot more to lose if she stays with TC. Best thing she can do for herself and her family is to put lots of distance between themselves and that self-centered loser. If she doesn't, then she deserves the misery she will get.

I sure hope she has had enough time to process exactly what he has done and how that reflects on what she thought her marriage was. If she stands by him, she stands to lose a lot. His legal fees alone will put them so far in the hole that they'll never recover. They already took out a loan to cover his suspension alone. It could also have ramifications on her job too. TC put the school in a very bad position and they face lawsuits because of it, to have her standing behind him could be more than they can tolerate and have her one the payroll too. As some of the details come out the town holdouts (I hope) would find it difficult to continue to thing TC is that wonderful guy. IMO JC has a lot more to lose if she stays with TC. Best thing she can do for herself and her family is to put lots of distance between themselves and that self-centered loser. If she doesn't, then she deserves the misery she will get.

Why would she stand behind him? She divorced him, then if she stands behind him the divorce is a farce and was only filed for monetary reasons on her part.

Curious about the kidnapping, is that going to be a charge because of her age? From what i have read it appears she went willingly. Jmo

She's 15, even if she went willingly it's not the same as if someone is 18, of legal age, and goes willingly. As a 15 year old, she is underaged, hence, against the law for the adult involved in taking her over state lines.

Soooo thankful they were found. Given they were running out of options, food, gas etc. It sickened and frightened me that TC had 2 handguns with him. I feared a bad outcome as time went on.

She's 15, even if she went willingly it's not the same as if someone is 18, of legal age, and goes willingly. As a 15 year old, she is underaged, hence, against the law for the adult involved in taking her over state lines.

She hasn't divorced him yet. She filed. The process can be lengthy. Now that TC is in custody and facing a boatload of charges, I would suspect he will go into emotional vampire mode and start working on JC and his parents etc. to drum up whatever money and support he can get. As surprising as it may seem, skilled manipulators and narcissists are masters at distorting the facts and making people doubt what they know is fact. JC has spent over 30 years with TC, that tells me a lot. IMO I think there is a chance she could fall back into old patterns of behavior, especially if others close to her are expecting her to stand by him.

Given the fact that TC still has many supporters, especially among ET's young peers, I worry about the reception she will face back at home. She deserves and requires tenderness and understanding from everyone around her. I hope she can be shielded from negative people. She has been let down time and time again by the system. Much luck to her and her loved ones.

Soooo thankful they were found. Given they were running out of options, food, gas etc. It sickened and frightened me that TC had 2 handguns with him. I feared a bad outcome as time went on.

Best post of the day was on the last thread where you said he had every opportunity to end this at any time, the relief bit doesn't ring true. You said it much better, but that was the gist.

Why would she stand behind him? She divorced him, then if she stands behind him the divorce is a farce and was only filed for monetary reasons on her part.

I don't know what JC will or won't do. I imagine she's feeling a lot of things, that I will never understand. I imagine her location and religious beliefs could add other difficult emotions and feelings. (JMO.)

With all that said...divorcing someone, because they have or are going to financially ruin you...is not a farce. It's a very valid reason to divorce someone, IMO. I would divorce him for a whole laundry list of other reasons, but if that happened to be her reason I'd have no issues with it.

cummins.jpg

Tad Cummins (Courtesy: Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office)
http://wwlp.com/2017/04/21/man-helped-lead-police-to-tad-cummins-elizabeth-thomas/

As of Friday morning, Cummins remains in custody in California.

Meanwhile, the Sheriff said Elizabeth is healthy and she'll be brought home Friday.

“I would say [Thomas was] more emotional about the situation. It was probably a relief to some degree that the ordeal was over. But that's kind of speculative, but she was emotional at times, sometimes stoic. And it just kind of shifted back and forth.”

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/elizabeth-thomas-expected-to-return-home-friday

Given the fact that TC still has many supporters, especially among ET's young peers, I worry about the reception she will face back at home. She deserves and requires tenderness and understanding from everyone around her. I hope she can be shielded from negative people. She has been let down time and time again by the system. Much luck to her and her loved ones.

I don't see that he has so many supporters in her peer group. Most of the kids were seeing this differently as time went on. The lies about the CIA, the weird behavior with other girls before her, the realization of what he was doing to his family, his abandonment of his students, he was just a dirty old man using performance enhancing drugs and abducting a young girl for some perverse fantasy. He went from cool dude to creepy old man from what I've been seeing online. It was sad to watch, really, as these young teens had a hard lesson in reality. I think the reception may appear a bit cold because kids are quick to feel guilty so they'll be awkward about having been friends or liking TC, but that will pass. In a very short time they'll remember there was some sort of drama around TC and this student, but it will just be ghosts in the halls, nothing of any substance. This is also a small town and I'm sure everyone's relieved she's alive and will be more than happy to have her back home. The thing that usually causes issues are the questions that teens will ask, they don't have filters like adults do and that can be hard as an adult to watch, so they have to be reminded what is and isn't okay to ask and ET will be taught how to make boundaries around this. She'll be empowered as to what questions she wants to answer and how to politely and firmly tell someone to get lost.

Best post of the day was on the last thread where you said he had every opportunity to end this at any time, the relief bit doesn't ring true. You said it much better, but that was the gist.
Exactly and now his show of regret will follow. IMO he will plead guilty and beg the court for mercy. He will use repentent language and alot of tears to try to gain a judge/jurys sympathy. After he works on his family of course. He will say he sinned, ask for forgiveness and prayer..the whole nine yards. I'm a Christian and do believe in all of those things but if he didnt turn around in five weeks, any remorse he shows is because he was caught and an attempt to manipulate his way out of this. I hope someone is giving his wife and kids wise counsel to stay away from him. He needs to face the consequences alone if there is any hope of him being truly sorry for what he's done.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cummins.jpg

Tad Cummins (Courtesy: Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office)
http://wwlp.com/2017/04/21/man-helped-lead-police-to-tad-cummins-elizabeth-thomas/

As of Friday morning, Cummins remains in custody in California.

Meanwhile, the Sheriff said Elizabeth is healthy and she'll be brought home Friday.

“I would say [Thomas was] more emotional about the situation. It was probably a relief to some degree that the ordeal was over. But that's kind of speculative, but she was emotional at times, sometimes stoic. And it just kind of shifted back and forth.”

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/elizabeth-thomas-expected-to-return-home-friday

Sounds like she's disconnected from this. That's actually healthy and necessary. This has been very traumatic and disconnecting can be a good thing. Start with the basics, get her some good food, rest and hot shower and let her have a chance to just breathe. Can't even begin to say how wonderful it was to go to sleep last night knowing she was finally safe. It's going to take her a while to feel safe, and until then she's going to be all over the place. I'd be concerned if she wasn't vacillating.

I can't believe I missed this!!!!! I'm so glad for a happy resolution in this case! Going to read the last thread now!

I'm so happy she's heading back to people who genuinely care about her, but I'm angry & mystified that so many intimate details have been released in a sexual assault case involving a minor.

I know some will argue that the public have a right to know, or that it can't be helped. I disagree though. I don't understand why the documents aren't redacted & courts closed in all such cases.

When details are released publicly like they have been in this case, it's a warning to all teenagers who find themselves targeted by adults that if the relationship is ever discovered, they will face having every detail exposed for public consumption.

Any wonder few other girls are speaking out against TC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail