Profile-Suspected child killer
Number of victims-Unknwon
Date of birth: February 15, 1957
Date of death: April 13, 2008, serving 130 years in prison without parole

February 15, 1957 - Born David Paul Brown in Worcester, Massachusetts U.S.

July 1964 - after receiving an Ouija board for his birthday, Bar-Jonah lured a five-year-old girl into his basement and tried to strangle her, but his mother intervened after hearing the child screaming.

January 1970 - 13-year-old Bar-Jonah sexually assaulted a six-year-old boy after promising to take him sledding. A few years later he planned to murder two boys in a cemetery, but the boys became suspicious and got away

July 26, 1973 - Janice Pockett goes missing

August 23, 1973 - James Teta reported missing

August 25, 1973 - His body was found in the woods off of Route 119 in Rindge, NH, An autopsy revealed that he had been raped and strangled

September 30, 1978 - Andrew john Amato goes missing from Webster, Massachusetts

March 1975 - Bar-Jonah, impersonating a police officer, abducted eight-year-old Richard O'Conner while he was on his way to school, then proceeded to sexually assault and strangle him. A neighbor, looking out of her window, observed the abduction and notified authorities, who began searching for the boy. A patrol car later observed a car matching that used in the abduction parked far away from others in a parking lot, and after calling for backup ordered Bar-Jonah out of the car. O'Conner was found in the car bloodied, having defecated and urinated on himself from the sexual assault, and near the point of death

March 1975 - few days before his high school graduation, Bar-Jonah drove to nearby Hartford, Connecticut, and, impersonating a police officer, abducted a nine-year-old girl, whom he savagely assaulted in the car. After the child began vomiting and convulsing from the assault, he drove up to a sidewalk and threw the girl out of the car. A nearby witness saw the incident and got his license plate, leading to his arrest. This assault never got back to Bar Jonah's probation officer, and he was released on parole in May 1976 for his earlier abduction and sexual assault of an eight-year-old boy. When Bar-Jonah's probationary period was over, he received a letter thanking him for his "cooperation.

September 24, 1977 - Bar-Jonah, claiming to be an undercover FBI agent, convinced two boys coming out of White City Cinemas in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts to enter his vehicle. Bar-Jonah then transported the boys to a secluded area, where he handcuffed then proceeded to strangle and flick cigarette ashes upon them. After jumping repeatedly on the chest of one of the boys, the 375-lb Bar-Jonah believed he had killed him, then drove off with the other still alive in his trunk. However, the boy regained consciousness and managed to find help, leading shortly thereafter to Bar Jonah's arrest; the other boy was found, still alive, in his trunk. For this crime, he was convicted of attempted murder and received the maximum sentence of 18 to 20 years in prison

March 22, 1984 - he changed his name to Nathaniel Benjamin Levi Bar-Jonah

June 5, 1979 - Brown sent to Massachusetts Treatment Center for the sexually dangerous in Bridgewater for 60 days of observation.

October 11, 1979 - Brown is ruled a sexually dangerous person and sentenced to an indefinite sentence of one day to life at the Bridgewater treatment center for the sexually dangerous.

July 1991 - Released

August 9, 1991 - Free for little more than a month, Bar-Jonah gets into a car at the Oxford Post Office and sits on a 7-year-old boy. He runs off when the mother, who dashed inside, returns to the vehicle and hears her son's muffled cries from underneath the burly Bar-Jonah. He is arrested later that day.

August 22, 1991 - Despite his criminal history, the Worcester County District Attorney agrees to let Bar-Jonah avoid jail by pleading guilty to assault and battery and breaking and entering. He is sentenced to two years probation, reportedly on the condition, he moves to Montana with his mother.

December 18, 1993 - Bar-Jonah allegedly molests an 8-year-old boy he is babysitting in Great Falls, Mont. He is charged, but the case is later dropped when the mother refuses to let the boy testify.

February 6, 1996 - Ten-year-old Zachary Ramsay disappears on his way to Whittier Elementary School in Great Falls.

October 13, 1997-amanda dawn gallion goes missing from Gillette, Wyoming.

December 13, 1999 - Bar-Jonah is arrested while lurking around the Lincoln Elementary School in Great Falls in the early morning dressed as a policeman. According to police, he is carrying a stun gun, a can of pepper spray, a fake police badge, and a toy revolver. He quickly becomes the focus of the Ramsay investigation.

December 15, 1999 - a warrant was issued for his residence. police seized numerous items from Bar-Jonah's apartment, including: a blue police coat, a silver toy revolver, a silver badge, a Stunmaster stun gun, a ball cap with the logo “security enforcement,” two disposable cameras, two albums with cutouts of children, one coat with a badge in the pocket and numerous photos and negatives. Bar-Jonah was subsequently arrested and charged with Impersonation of a Public Servant and Carrying a Concealed Weapon

December 17, 1999 - the Cascade County Attorney applied for a second search warrant.   The application for the second warrant contained the same language as that for the first warrant pertaining to probable cause and related to the same offenses, Impersonation of a Public Servant and Carrying a Concealed Weapon.   However, the second affidavit requested permission to search for developed pictures of young children or adults and undeveloped film, in addition to any other items of evidence related to the above-described offenses.   Bellusci stated he applied for the second warrant because he felt it was necessary to gather evidence to show motive for the offenses listed in the warrant.   The court signed the warrant on that date and the police searched Bar-Jonah's residence for the second time. During the course of the second search, the police seized a bulletin board containing pictures, 28 boxes of miscellaneous papers, newspaper clippings, and other miscellaneous items. Great Falls Police Sergeant John Cameron (“Cameron”) was then assigned to investigate the Bar-Jonah case.   Cameron had specialized training in interviewing victims of sexual abuse.   Cameron examined all of the evidence seized from Bar-Jonah's apartment.   One of the items recovered in the first search of Bar-Jonah's apartment appeared to be a victim list that Bar-Jonah had written in his own handwriting.   The list contained many names, including those of the victims from Bar-Jonah's previous convictions in Massachusetts, and also the name of Zachary Ramsay, a Great Falls child who disappeared early one morning while on his way to school in 1996.   While reviewing the victim list, Cameron and FBI agent James Wilson (“Wilson”) were able to determine that two of the names on the list belonged to children who lived in the apartment directly above Bar-Jonah.   Cameron also determined that some of the photographs from disposable cameras recovered in the first search depicted those same two children in Bar-Jonah's apartment, on his couch, and on his bed.   The same roll of the film also contained pictures of Bar-Jonah on his bed in the nude, displaying his penis in various stages of erection.   Given Bar-Jonah's past history as a pedophile, Cameron became concerned the children were possible victims of sexual abuse by Bar-Jonah.

April 15, 2000 - A Great Falls woman reports to police that Bar-Jonah, dressed as a police officer, came to her door in 1997 and asked to speak to her 5-year-old son, a student at the Lincoln Elementary School.

June 6, 2000 - Police dig up a portion of Bar-Jonah's garage and recover a bunch of human bone fragments. Testing later reveals they're from a child, but DNA testing shows they're not Ramsay's.

June 29, 2000 - Cameron and Wilson went to the apartment above Bar-Jonah's to request an interview with R.J., one of the children depicted in the photographs.   Cameron interviewed R.J., who was fourteen years old at the time.   R.J. disclosed that Bar-Jonah had sexually abused him.   After interviewing R.J., Cameron and Wilson went to the residence of R.J.'s cousin, S.J. S.J. disclosed that Bar-Jonah had also sexually abused him.

July 5, 2000 - Bar-Jonah was charged with three counts of Sexual Assault, one count of Aggravated Kidnaping and one count of Assault With a Weapon. Bar-Jonah pled “not guilty” to the charges.

November 13, 2000 - Bar-Jonah filed a Motion for Change of Venue.   In the motion, he contended, due to the publicity which linked him to the disappearance of Zachary Ramsay (“Ramsay”), and due to the depth of feelings in Great Falls that surrounded the emotionally charged case, he could not receive a fair trial.   The District Court granted the motion, ordering a change of venue for jury selection to Butte, Silver Bow County.   However, jurors selected from Silver Bow County would be sequestered for the actual trial, which would be conducted in Cascade County.   The trial was set to commence on January 16, 2001.

December 6, 2000 - Bar-Jonah moved to suppress the items seized during the two searches of his residence.   Before the District Court heard the Motion to Suppress, the State of Montana filed charges against Bar-Jonah for the aggravated kidnapping and deliberate homicide of the Ramsay boy.   Upon the filing of these charges, Bar-Jonah's counsel withdrew due to a conflict of interest.   On January 2, 2001, new counsel for Bar-Jonah was appointed, and both the trial and the hearing on the suppression motion were vacated.

January 17, 2001 - the District Court held a status conference to address all charges pending against Bar-Jonah.   At that conference, Bar-Jonah requested the District Court set the Ramsay homicide case for trial before the trial in the instant case due to the nationwide publicity surrounding the Ramsay case and the seriousness of the charges.   The State objected, requesting the instant case be tried first, it being the oldest.

April 25, 2001 - the District Court issued an order setting this case for trial on September 10, 2001, in Butte.

June 4, 2001 - new counsel for Bar-Jonah filed a Motion to Suppress, to Dismiss and Supporting Memorandum.   Bar-Jonah moved to suppress the items seized during the two searches of his residence on December 15 and 17, 1999, on the following basis:  the searches resulted from an invalid investigative stop on December 13, 1999; the searches were based on stale information;  the searches were pretextual, and the items seized far exceeded the scope of the search warrant.

July 11, 2001 - Bar-Jonah filed a Motion to Continue Trial, wherein he again requested the trial, in this case, be continued until after the Ramsay murder trial.   Bar-Jonah argued this was the only way he could receive a fair trial in the Ramsay case.

July 25, 2001 - the District Court held a hearing on the motions to dismiss and to continue.   The court reserved its ruling on both motions pending further briefing.   Based upon Dr. Cohen's testimony, Bar-Jonah filed a second Motion for Change of Venue on August 8, 2001.

August 15, 2001 - the District Court issued an order denying Bar-Jonah's motions for change of venue and to continue the trial.

August 17, 2001 - the District Court issued an order denying Bar-Jonah's motion to suppress and dismiss.

February 11, 2002 - Bar-Jonah filed another Motion for Change of Venue-based upon the high rate of prejudice indicated in the responses to juror questionnaires and upon negative pretrial publicity.   The District Court denied the motion, and on February 19, 2002, this Court denied Bar-Jonah's Emergency Application for Writ of Supervisory Control.

February 20, 2002 - During the trial, the State offered as evidence two photo albums containing thousands of pictures of children, among them several photos of one of the alleged victims.   Bar-Jonah objected to the exhibits, but the District Court admitted them into evidence.   The State also offered as evidence a document containing an explanation of how to tie various knots, and an article entitled “Autoerotic Asphyxia” found in Bar-Jonah's apartment.   Counsel for Bar-Jonah objected, but again the District Court overruled the objection and admitted the items into evidence.

February 25, 2002 - the jury found Bar-Jonah guilty on one count each of Sexual Assault, Aggravated Kidnaping and Felony Assault, not guilty on one count of Sexual Assault, and was deadlocked on one count of Sexual Assault.   The court declared a mistrial on the deadlocked count and ordered a presentence report and psychosexual evaluation.

May 23, 2002 - the District Court held a sentencing hearing in Great Falls.   At the sentencing hearing, Bar-Jonah objected to the admission of pre-recorded interviews with victims of two of Bar-Jonah's previous convictions, Robert O'Connor (“O'Connor”) and Allan Enrickias (“Enrickias”), on the grounds the interviews constituted improper victim impact evidence.   Bar-Jonah next objected to the admission of an interview with Dr. Eric Sweitzer, a Massachusetts counselor whose testimony that Bar-Jonah was not a sexually dangerous person contributed to his release from Bridgewater Treatment Center in Massachusetts in 1991, on the grounds the interview lacked relevance.   The District Court overruled Bar-Jonah's objections and allowed tapes of this testimony to be played and considered.

December 2004 - the Montana Supreme Court turned down Bar-Jonah’s appeals and upheld the conviction and 130-year prison sentence

April 13, 2008 - He had been in poor health. His post mortem found significant levels of LDL in his arteries and myocardial infarction was the determined cause of death