Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
15-year-old Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas may be in the area of Decatur, Alabama.

She is white, blonde hair, hazel eyes, 5 feet 5 inches and 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing a flannel shirt and black leggings.

Thomas is believed to be in the company of 50-year-old Tad Cummins, a white male, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, brown hair and brown eyes. He is believed to be armed with two handguns and driving a Silver Nissan Rogue with Tennessee tag number 976ZPT.

ElizabethThomasMissingChild16x9_1489527855127_8971019_ver1.0.JPG

http://wate.com/2017/03/14/statewide-endangered-child-alert-for-missing-middle-tennessee-teen/
http://www.waff.com/story/34847631/endangered-tn-runaway-may-be-in-decatur-area
http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/statewide-endangered-child-alert-issued-for-missing-teen/422561108

ARREST AFFIDAVIT
Motion in Support of Detention - Filed 4/24/17

Father of Abducted Teen Speaks Out for First Time Since Reunion

Verified Insiders:

MCElizabethsSISTER

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15

Amber Alert: Elizabeth Thomas found safe in Northern California; Former teacher arrested
Apr 20, 2017

The TBI says they have found missing 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas safe in Northern California.

Her former teacher, Tad Cummins, has been arrested in connection to her kidnapping.

A spokesperson for the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Department said Cummins' Nissan Rogue was found late Wednesday night. The vehicle's original license plate had been removed, but officials were able to confirm the vehicle through its VIN.

The Rules - Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals

Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).
***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

I totally agree that TC would try if possible to contact ET in order to continue to manipulate his victim even while behind bars. However, I believe that all phone calls and letters from all prisoners are monitored (with this example being one of the scenarios that the system wants to avoid) so thankfully, there is little to no chance that she would be on the receiving end of a call or letter. That's what I'm telling myself, at least. :(

Worries me that he'll find a supporter to help him, he's too manipulative. It could be someone he knows now or someone he convinces to help. I had someone in my life like that. He would pop up whenever things were going really great for me and the cycle would start all over. He too was older and took advantage of his authority position. I finally learned after years, so I know that ET's going to need some type of closure. I don't think it's healthy for them to live in that town either. She needs to go somewhere, along with her family, and start over.

I feel her family life has been so disruptive and so egregious that she should be put in the care of a couple with no other children. She needs the very best life has to offer at this point: counseling, schooling, and a new home where "icky things" do not happen on her mattress. I have followed this case and I hope that TC gets a life sentence for interstate kidnapping across many states. He sexually abused her. He should be charged with rape of a minor. Hopefully she doesn't become pregnant. I have worried about her so much, her mental state, and when I saw the contents inside that cabin a part of me died. She could so benefit from a structured life, ie; a parochial school; with young girls her age where she can start anew. I don't think she can do this in TN. I only hope that someone steps up to the plate to offer her a new beginning. One where she can become; anything at all that she desires in life. IMHO she needs something she never got from either parent: a stable home with stable tutoring and love. I worried terribly because I saw no footage of her, at all coming home. I don't know if there is video of her "homecoming." Usually there is. I am so worried for ET that I wish these things for her. Health happiness and stability in her new life after abduction and brainwashing by a very sick man who btw; used his status as a teacher to abuse her even more. xo

Cherry, while I agree she needs much support, no perfect person in the world can 'fix' everything that may be a problem for her. But I pray for her, her family, her helpers.

I hope she receives support from someone like Elizabeth Smart who has survived and become successful (safety expert and contributor to ABC News). Elizabeth Smart, in contrast, had such a wonderful foundation and family life which gave her an edge in her recovery. This is what ET needs now, strong support, encouragement and a peaceful recovery. And I agree that she needs to start anew, not in a place where she was tormented and bullied because a predator began paying attention to her.
And the press needs to leave her alone. We don't need photos or salacious details. She's a child.

I'm going out on a limb here by saying this. I hope that people in her life don't use her as a ticket to fame and fortune. Kids trying to get close to her for the story, attorney's seeing $$ by suing the school district, tv personalities looking for the next sensational story, etc...I believe her family is mostly loving but naive and would probably benefit from guidance from someone like Elizabeth Smart's family, someone with no vested interest or looking to capitalize.

I hope she receives support from someone like Elizabeth Smart who has survived and become successful (safety expert and contributor to ABC News). Elizabeth Smart, in contrast, had such a wonderful foundation and family life which gave her an edge in her recovery. This is what ET needs now, strong support, encouragement and a peaceful recovery. And I agree that she needs to start anew, not in a place where she was tormented and bullied because a predator began paying attention to her.
And the press needs to leave her alone. We don't need photos or salacious details. She's a child.

I was typing the exact thing! Agree with you.

I think this would be SOOO wonderful for ET! Elizabeth Smart would be a great support for for her.

I feel her family life has been so disruptive and so egregious that she should be put in the care of a couple with no other children. She needs the very best life has to offer at this point: counseling, schooling, and a new home where "icky things" do not happen on her mattress.

I think she is where she belongs. With her father and her siblings. Her father has only expressed love and concern for her and he was not the one that abused her. Her mother and Tad Cummins did that. To put her with strangers at this point would only compound her trauma and exacerbate any misplaced guilt she is dealing with.

I do agree that she should not go back to any of the schools in that district, nor should any of her siblings for that matter. They dropped the ball and with pending lawsuits it would not be an optimal environment. IMO the district needs to ante up and either assign one-on-on tutors or pay for private or charter. To have Elizabeth go back to the place that holds such horrible memories is not safe. I have a lot of confidence in the attorney that her father has retained and I believe he will have the counsel of the best child psychologists that they can find. She is in good hands now.

As for Tad Cummins, I hope he spends the rest of his miserable life behind bars being traumatized and living in fear. I don't think he would last long in prison. I see him turning into a high-maintenance whiner. They will see through his bs and if he gets uppity with Bubba, well that may be the end and IMO good riddance.

You and I think similarly as I posted almost the same words on the last thread. :blowkiss:

Many people get confused about what is a pedophile. A pedophile is someone who is attracted to pre-pubescent children. A man being attracted to a 15 or 16 year old may be a 'pervert' or "dirty old man" as defined by society, but that doesn't make him a "pedophile." It is, of course, illegal in most states to have any sexual contact with a minor, defined as a person under the age of consent (18 yrs old in most states).

Why would a man be attracted to a young female of age 15 or 16? Unfortunately this is where biology comes in. We humans only used to live to age 30 at most, and many times humans died before reaching age 30. We're talking thousands of years ago. The urge to procreate to perpetuate the human species is ingrained in our DNA and our DNA hasn't changed in the last umpteem thousands of years. What's changed is life spans and societal norms and rules. Young men and young women are, generally speaking, more fertile and that is why there is a biological attraction to young adults. In pure biological terms, an adult is someone who is able to procreate.

Now, before anyone gets their panties in a twist and writes a scathing missive, it's not an excuse or a defense; attraction has a basis in evolution and biology and hence the "why." Let me repeat, it's not an excuse or defense, please don't mistake it as such.

Sources: "The Naked Ape" by Desmond Morris; Helen Fisher, Anthropologist and author of many books; my college anthropology class.

True. Guys like EC aren't classified as pedophiles. But he is a child molester.

I took a couple anthropology classes in college as well. What I learned is that it is a myth that we died 530. By age 30. That is life expectancy which is based on average mortality rates for ages. And the thing is, that most people in those days did not live past five, which dramatically lower is the average life expectancy age.

But the reality is that those in the ancient world who lived past five typically had very good immune system's and often lived into their 60s and 70s.

And we don't have shorter, more brutal lives today where kids are working to help the family and themselves survive from the age of 5 or so. Thus, adolescence has been extended. Childhood has been extended. And society has evolved as a result as has biology.

So while a kid like ET has reached biological womanhood, when she opens her mouth, she's a baby. And any fully grown man who wants to be with her has a problem.

The thing is, there's a difference between a man seeing a beautiful teen girl and finding her attractive, and a middle age man who actually wants to be with a teen.

There is a grave imbalance of power between a teen and a middle aged man. Which is why we have laws against such a thing. And a man who actually wants to be with a kid that age wants to not because of biology but because they like to control and manipulate someone with less power and knowledge than themselves. It's about power, control and domination.

So I get that a man could see a teen on the beach for example and have a reaction- "wow. She's beautiful." Because she has the attributes of any woman less many of the flaws, typically, that age brings, like sagging, weight gain, etc.

But if he works to actually try to be with her sexually, he's a predator and she is prey. She generally lacks the sophistication, experience, independence and wisdom to combat or resist his advances the way a more mature woman would and he has the age and experience necessary to break down her defenses.

I talked about this on Abby and Libby's threads. Most people compare themselves with girls that age - "how on earth did he control two girls? There must've been two."

In reality, while a lot would run, many teens that age would instinctively obey, especially kids from more traditional families, even if taught repeatedly not to talk to strangers, if a man acted like an authority: "Hey! You're trespassing! Get over here right now. I'm calling your parents. Come with me!"

Ultimately, I think the lower age of kids working and fighting wars and getting married in days pas, with girls often marrying older men, has more to do with power structures and inequities than it does with biology.

I feel her family life has been so disruptive a . He sexually abused her. He should be charged with rape

<respectfully snipped>I worried terribly because I saw no footage of her, at all coming home. I don't know if there is video of her "homecoming." Usually there is.

She is a minor victim of an alleged sex crime..

Therefore, IIRC TOS here at WS says no photos iirc.

Most MSM sites have rules against that also, for good reason, in addition many no longer post her name.

Cherry, while I agree she needs much support, no perfect person in the world can 'fix' everything that may be a problem for her. But I pray for her, her family, her helpers.
Right. And if her dad is a safe adult, I don't understand why taking her out of his home would be helpful. I thought all along that she was likely missing her siblings. I think it's healthy for her to reintegrate with her family, as long as it's a safe environment.

I also want to point something out. This family is not going to be hung out to dry. LE is not returning her and leaving them to themselves. I was in an abduction situation ( will be in prison forever), and I was young, but not a minor. The DA, investigators, and other experts were always available to myself AND my family, even though I didn't live in the same city as my family for the first year or so after the crimes. They are in constant contact. I assume 1. Because they care. 2. There will most likely be a trial. They are going to support this family and do everything they can to to help ET continue with her life successfully, and support her strength and growth so she can get through the AWFUL period between now and the trial. She is going to be interviewed countless times. There is just so much the general public doesn't know. I have to believe that as a minor, she will be even more cared for than I was. And I can't even imagine how that would be. The prosecution I worked with will always be like family to me. I just want to give people a picture of what is most likely going on. LE Is going to be WITH this family for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'm going out on a limb here by saying this. I hope that people in her life don't use her as a ticket to fame and fortune. Kids trying to get close to her for the story, attorney's seeing $$ by suing the school district, tv personalities looking for the next sensational story, etc...I believe her family is mostly loving but naive and would probably benefit from guidance from someone like Elizabeth Smart's family, someone with no vested interest or looking to capitalize.
I believe the experts around her are preparing her for all of this. They will teach her and her family how to navigate this stuff.

She is a minor victim of an alleged sex crime..

Therefore, IIRC TOS here at WS says no photos iirc.

Most MSM sites have rules against that also, for good reason, in addition many no longer post her name.
Yes, there absolutely should NOT BE any footage of this kind. And it's likely we will start to see her name suddenly disappear from previous articles online.

RSBM.

The salacious details will come out in court. You will only be able to escape them by not following this case to the end. As for the press, good luck. They are all about sensationalism as you well know.

Couldn't agree more, and posted similar thoughts in the previous thread. As a survivor of sexual assault, my perception has been that some posts have reflected almost a perverse glee in sharing details that contribute nothing to sleuthing or to supporting and protecting ET.

WS is public facing and easily found via Google. ET might just read what has been posted here someday. Might be a good idea to keep that in mind. Just because it's in a police document doesn't necessarily mean it should be discussed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

RSBM.

The salacious details will come out in court. You will only be able to escape them by not following this case to the end. As for the press, good luck. They are all about sensationalism as you well know.
Yes, and we all know the credibility the media has in people's eyes. In my opinion, the point being made is that we should hold ourselves to higher standards. Hoping, if there is a trial, that WS will focus on the pertinent facts and leave the sensationalistic details out of it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member