841 users online (126 members and 715 guests)  

Websleuths News

WA - David Koenigs, 57, found murdered, Seattle, 14 Dec 2005

Three suspects wanted after a Seattle homicide were taken into custody after they asked plainclothes Oregon State Police troopers for gas money, authorities said.

The arrests follow the slaying of David Koenigs, 57, a former director of Seattle St. Vincent de Paul. His body was found in the backyard of his home Wednesday night by firefighters responding to a fire there.

According to the state police, three troopers from Central Point were returning from a SWAT operation Thursday morning when they stopped at a gas station off I-5 about 20 miles north of Roseburg.

The troopers were approached by a man in a silver BMW with Washington state license plates who asked for gas money.

According to the prosecutor, the victim had hired Jones and another transient to help him remodel his house. Jones stabbed, beat and strangled Koenigs, then set fire to his house, the prosecutor's office said.
    http://www.kirotv.com/news/5550704/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

The victim probably gave jobs to these guys because he thought they could use the money and out of the goodness of his heart. Sometimes it really doesn't pay to do something nice for others.

This summer I let a kid stay here for two weeks because he didn't have anywhere to live. I knew him...he was a friend of my grandaughters. I felt sorry for him and he was waiting to get into drug rehab. I let him borrow my truck a couple time to run an errand. Both times he was gone about 3 hours and then told me these big stories about why he was gone so long. The day before he left for rehab he took my new lawn mower to mow a lawn and he never brought it back. I talked to his mom and dad and they are sure he took it and sold it for drug money. I was furious as I had given him a helping hand and then he screwed me over. I wrote him a letter and that is that. My grandaughter says he is ashamed but she knows he is sorry. I said "part of AA/NA is making amends. When he makes amends with me and replaces my lawn mower then I will believe that he is sorry. Until then he better not darken my doorway. Just really ticks me off and makes me not want to help anyone.

From June 2007:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/artic...um-1240083.php

On Friday, the two transients found guilty in the stabbing and beating death of David Koenigs, 57, of Seattle, were sent to prison for decades.

Richard Jones was sentenced to nearly 48 years in prison. Douglas Freeman received more than 31 years...

Koenigs had hired Jones to help him remodel his house on Beacon Hill and even let Jones and another homeless man stay there. But on Dec. 14, 2005, Koenigs found Jones there with Freeman -- whom he'd never met -- and a woman. Koenigs told Jones he didn't have permission to bring others to the house and asked all three to leave.