700 users online (79 members and 621 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

There Outta Be A LAW

You can use this subforum as something fun or serious.

For instance, I think there outta be a law that says if boyfriends/husbands forget Valentines Day they should be made to listen to
    Kenny G music and watch Love Story and Bridges of Madison County over and over.

On a more serious note, I do believe there outta be a law that says if someone sue's you and it is apparent their intent was to suck any money you had dry so you couldn't fight the lawsuit that person should be held criminally liable. There are laws that cover this issue, but it is hard to prove. I want a law that says if you can prove the person suing you is making up the lawsuit and is obviously trying to drain you of your money you can file a motion to have criminal charges filed against that person even before the lawsuit is finished.

This happened to me. I even had an email where the person talked about her lawsuit against me will never go to court because I didn't have any money. This person had 100% free legal for the duration of the lawsuit. It was wrong. I felt we could easily prove the lawsuit was filed just to get me to throw my hands up in and air and give up because I had no money.

There should be an easy recourse in a situation like this. It would cut down on people filing frivolous lawsuits that's for sure.

Please get creative or get serious. You know there is something in your life where you look around and say 'THERE OUTTA BE A LAW GOSH DARNIT ALL TO HECK!"
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.
    For a more detail explanation of why Websleuths is asking for your help CLICK HERE

There outta be a law that says as a social worker, my clients on Medicaid should not make more money than me.

Absolutely right
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tricia; 04-25-2017 at 11:19 AM.
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

CARIIS is offline "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    You can use this subforum as something fun or serious.

For instance, I think there outta be a law that says if boyfriends/husbands forget Valentines Day they should be made to listen to
    Kenny G music and watch Love Story and Bridges of Madison County over and over.

On a more serious note, I do believe there outta be a law that says if someone sue's you and it is apparent their intent was to suck any money you had dry so you couldn't fight the lawsuit that person should be held criminally liable. There are laws that cover this issue, but it is hard to prove. I want a law that says if you can prove the person suing you is making up the lawsuit and is obviously trying to drain you of your money you can file a motion to have criminal charges filed against that person even before the lawsuit is finished.

This happened to me. I even had an email where the person talked about her lawsuit against me will never go to court because I didn't have any money. This person had 100% free legal for the duration of the lawsuit. It was wrong. I felt we could easily prove the lawsuit was filed just to get me to throw my hands up in and air and give up because I had no money.

There should be an easy recourse in a situation like this. It would cut down on people filing frivolous lawsuits that's for sure.

Please get creative or get serious. You know there is something in your life where you look around and say 'THERE OUTTA BE A LAW GOSH DARNIT ALL TO HECK!"
    And it has to be exhasting -

AIrplane could also be very !effective !
    Last edited by CARIIS; 04-25-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!

CARIIS is offline "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?
    FUN!

There ought to be a law that prohibits texting while driving. If thirty years ago a cop pulled us over and we had a typewriter in our laps we would be int trouble. We do not need hearing after hearing to come to the conclusion that typing on microdot keyboards can impede the operation of 3-ton machine going down a highway at 70 mph.

Work on infrastructure or something!!

Flat out dumb
    I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!

There needs to be a law that lawmakers have to understand and appreciate the word compromise before taking office. If they can't understand this concept, they are not qualified. Ideological purity gets nothing done.

There outta be a law against gluing full length mirrors on the wall next to the shower/bathtub.

We bought a new house last year with a gorgeous soaking tub. Due to arthritis I take long, hot baths to relieve pain before bedtime so I was looking forward to using that new tub. The previous owner (obviously younger and fitter than me) had 4'x4' mirrors installed on both walls surrounding the tub. My husband assured me we could take them down but it turns out they are glued to the drywall and can't be removed without damaging the walls.

At 59 years old, there's nothing more depressing than standing in front of two full length mirrors buck naked. I mean - things aren't what they used to be Heck things aren't where they used to be

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by tillicum View Post
    there outta be a law against gluing full length mirrors on the wall next to the shower/bathtub.

We bought a new house last year with a gorgeous soaking tub. Due to arthritis i take long, hot baths to relieve pain before bedtime so i was looking forward to using that new tub. The previous owner (obviously younger and fitter than me) had 4'x4' mirrors installed on both walls surrounding the tub. My husband assured me we could take them down but it turns out they are glued to the drywall and can't be removed without damaging the walls.

At 59 years old, there's nothing more depressing than standing in front of two full length mirrors buck naked. I mean - things aren't what they used to be Heck things aren't where they used to be
    yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!
    Tillicum for president
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.
    For a more detail explanation of why Websleuths is asking for your help CLICK HERE

There oughtta be a law that a person in need of public assistance should temporarily be required to rescind their right to vote while receiving said public assistance.

This would prevent politicians from pandering to the ever growing segment of the population who are on the take and simultaneously encourage those who are not in great need (and there are many) and care to vote to get off of public assistance.

I'm not sure that people on public assistance are known as active voters. When you say "on the take" do you mean the disabled or the downtrodden? I'm not sure who those people are that you refer to.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieB View Post
    There oughtta be a law that a person in need of public assistance should temporarily be required to rescind their right to vote while receiving said public assistance.

This would prevent politicians from pandering to the ever growing segment of the population who are on the take and simultaneously encourage those who are not in great need (and there are many) and care to vote to get off of public assistance.
    That is kind of vague - I believe that if someone has paid into the system all their life (adult years) but for some reason gets laid off (like I once was) for some reason, or fired (that never happened to me) cannot collect unemployment and still has to get a job...this is where workfare comes in handy.

OTOH the cradle-to-grave people on welfare who never work at all and that is likely a very small segement of the population (sorry I don't have any numbers offhand).

Just my two cents.

There oughta be a law against bathroom mirror lights that make enough noise to waken a sleeping person. Yep we have that problem. :\
    "Scleroderma is a horrible disease with nothing to recommend it, other than the incredible courage which its victims muster in the face of overwhelming odds and terrible suffering."

- Robin Williams, 2002 interview, USA Today

Quote Originally Posted by Finders View Post
    I'm not sure that people on public assistance are known as active voters. When you say "on the take" do you mean the disabled or the downtrodden? I'm not sure who those people are that you refer to.
    They are, in fact in some places their "statements" are propaganda. They vote. As far as "on the take" I'll retrain from offense ar your gross misinterpretation of what I said and not characterize it as ignorance. No one, not even me with my red face, horns, and perpetual drool want any disabled or downtrodden to go without help.

That said, can we agree that 20 yr old guy buying energy driink on Oregon trail card can be dispensed with?

Quote Originally Posted by MaryG12 View Post
    That is kind of vague - I believe that if someone has paid into the system all their life (adult years) but for some reason gets laid off (like I once was) for some reason, or fired (that never happened to me) cannot collect unemployment and still has to get a job...this is where workfare comes in handy.

OTOH the cradle-to-grave people on welfare who never work at all and that is likely a very small segement of the population (sorry I don't have any numbers offhand).

Just my two cents.

There oughta be a law against bathroom mirror lights that make enough noise to waken a sleeping person. Yep we have that problem. :\
    I'm not referring to ssi or we. Those are other topics I'll debate independently thanks

There ought to be a law that when a person asks for your honest opinion and you provide it to them, said person cannot get mad at you.

Or maybe I should just learn to use more tact.

One or the other.
    You don't scare me. I'm married to a redhead!
    --PATX

Everybody counts or nobody counts.
    --Hieronymus Bosch

I think there should be a law that couples thinking about getting married should be required to drive across country first. If they are still on speaking terms when they get back, then they can get married.

All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    I think there should be a law that couples thinking about getting married should be required to drive across country first. If they are still on speaking terms when they get back, then they can get married.

Mr. MaryJean was a pastor for many years. His 'premarital counseling' was that engaged couples should wallpaper a small bathroom in stripes before the license was issued!
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast