AZ - Landen Lavaria, 9, fatally shot, parents charged 20 March 2017

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

“Yes, I have an emergency now! My son got shot in the head!” Wendy Lavarnia told the dispatcher on Monday, March 20.

Police became suspicious when they found inconsistencies in the mother’s account. Authorities say the parents were charged with first-degree murder because they delayed medical care for the child while they cleaned up evidence in the house.

Mom now charged in son's death heard on 911 call

PHOENIX -- The parents of a 9-year-old boy who was shot in the head in their Phoenix home put off calling 911 as they cleaned up evidence in multiple rooms of the house, police said Wednesday calling it a case that “shocks your conscience.”

Wendy Lavarnia told police that her 2-year-old son found a gun left on a bed and accidentally shot his older brother Monday. Police cast doubt on her story as they launched a murder investigation against the 28-year-old woman and her ex-convict husband, Kansas Lavarnia.

Police Question Inconsistencies

Taped to the front door, a simple, heartbreaking message written in blue crayon was left by a friend of Landen's.

"Dear Landon (sic). You were my best friend. You were always by my side. I will never forget you."

[Just heartbreaking]

http://www.azfamily.com/story/34973...lly-shot-now-face-first-degree-murder-charges

Attachments

• landen.jpg
    landen.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 123
Hypothesis: dad was being abusive or otherwise endangering someone. Mom shot him, and accidentally hit the boy. They tried to cover for both of them by cleaning up and blaming the toddler.

I have no proof, of course, but it seems like the most plausible scenario to me. Thoughts?

As disgusting as this is, I doubt they will successfully get a first degree murder conviction.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Hypothesis: dad was being abusive or otherwise endangering someone. Mom shot him, and accidentally hit the boy. They tried to cover for both of them by cleaning up and blaming the toddler.

I have no proof, of course, but it seems like the most plausible scenario to me. Thoughts?

As disgusting as this is, I doubt they will successfully get a first degree murder conviction.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
I agree. I just want to add how despicable it is to blame a two year old. What if they had gotten away with it and the child grew up thinking he had done this. Even now, he'll grow up knowing his parents tried to cover up by blaming him. These people disgust me for the whole thing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Gawd this is awful [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member