1115 users online (252 members and 863 guests)  

Websleuths News

To Brexit or not to Brexit

I just wondered where UK websleuthers stand on Brexit. Should we just not bother, stay in the single market?

I voted Leave, and I don't regret it per say, but I do have deep concerns about how it is executed, especially given that Theresa May will be in a very powerful position after the election and won't have to worry about opposition, which = less accountability.

Views from WSers from around the globe also v.welcome. I'd be really interested to hear what everyone else thinks about it all!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdancer View Post
    I just wondered where UK websleuthers stand on Brexit. Should we just not bother, stay in the single market?

I voted Leave, and I don't regret it per say, but I do have deep concerns about how it is executed, especially given that Theresa May will be in a very powerful position after the election and won't have to worry about opposition, which = less accountability.

Views from WSers from around the globe also v.welcome. I'd be really interested to hear what everyone else thinks about it all!
    As a person who is of the same nationality as some of the people hated in England, not impressed with Brexit. Discrimination and racism is what I see. Fear. Just loke in the US and with LePen supporters

I voted Remain but I'm not a political animal and my reasons were sentimental if anything. I have a lot of friends and family across Europe, and know and love several more Europeans who live and work in the UK. I love that we can hop on a plane and be in Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Venice, Berlin or Dublin for £50 and am proud of the history and culture across our beautiful and diverse continent and want to be part of it.

To be honest now we're where we are, we need to crack on and make the best of it and I'm sure we'll survive! I'm not happy about a General Election though, as I don't care for any of the parties or leaders much and don't know how I will vote this time.

Help!!

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    As a person who is of the same nationality as some of the people hated in England, not impressed with Brexit. Discrimination and racism is what I see. Fear. Just loke in the US and with LePen supporters
    Agree, I'm disgusted by a lot of what I see. Deep rooted hatred spewed to widen divides. I don't get too involved in political discussion because I value my health and it just infuriates and frustrates me no end.

I voted remain fwiw and I was brought up to never ever vote Tory, and I'm still cool with that.

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Another remainer here. So much of our infastructure is supported by EU members. I think that our social care systems are going to break down spectacularly
    England's dancing days are done...

Hm. Whatever. I live in a foreign country so we get actual news. Try some French sites and use google translate. They have funny things sometimes.

If I put sources, they are dissed. Europeans are very concerned
    Right? They see what happened here and do not want the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Exactly.

Hm. Whatever. I live in a foreign country so we get actual news. Try some French sites and use google translate. They have funny things sometimes.

If I put sources,they are dissed. Europeans are very concerned
    And many Americans are VERY concerned about Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    And funny thing is, I see what has happened THERE and I don't want the same thing.

And many of the Euro citizens are feeling the same way as I am, apparently. Reports are that 40% of your French citizens, between 18 and 24 are supporting Le Pen.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    And funny thing is, I see what has happened THERE and I don't want the same thing.

And many of the Euro citizens are feeling the same way as I am, apparently. Reports are that 40% of your French citizens, between 18 and 24 are supporting Le Pen.
    Oh, I thought you were retired.

Why? Are they getting into wars that might annihilate the whole planet or what is it?
    No, they are creating an open borders system allowing each country to be overrun with immigrants. bringing spikes in crime, huge cost overruns, and deadly terrorist attacks. And I do not want my country to follow in their foot steps/

It was this trend that led to Brexit, and may lead to the French voting for Le Pen.

No, they are creating an open borders system allowing each country to be overrun with immigrants. bringing spikes in crime, huge cost overruns, and deadly terrorist attacks. And I do not want my country to follow in their foot steps/

It was this trend that led to Brexit, and may lead to the French voting for Le Pen.
    I would like to see the US clean up it's act so my country doesn't follow in it's footsteps.

The US is incredibly divided over skin color, religion, sexual preference and red vs blue politics. Wanton/out of control prescription drug use leading to heroin addiction with over 50K people dying per year because of it. Guns everywhere - US citizens shooting others (including kids) in churches, nightclubs, malls, restaurants etc over skin color, religion, sexual preference and the color of their hats.

Many can't see the flag for the trees imo - and you're in a position to tell other countries you're not happy about their behavior? Hypocrisy at it's best imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    I would like to see the US clean up it's act so my country doesn't follow in it's footsteps.

The US is incredibly divided over skin color, religion, sexual preference and red vs blue politics. Wanton/out of control prescription drug use leading to heroin addiction with over 50K people dying per year because of it. Guns everywhere - US citizens shooting others (including kids) in churches, nightclubs, malls, restaurants etc over skin color, religion, sexual preference and the color of their hats.

Many can't see the flag for the trees imo - and you're in a position to tell other countries you're not happy about their behavior? Hypocrisy at it's best imo.
    Since when are we telling anyone we are not happy with their behavior?

I said I did not want my country to follow in their footsteps, policy wise. They can do what they want, and I never said anything about what THEY should do.

Since when are we telling anyone we are not happy with their behavior?

I said I did not want my country to follow in their footsteps, policy wise. They can do what they want, and I never said anything about what THEY should do.
    I'm with you. I'm not so worried about Canada or Britain or France. They can deal with their own problems . They can take all of the Muslim refuges that are out there if they like.

I feel that we in America need to put a hold on these refuges coming into the country until we have a reliable way to vet them. And if that's not feasible they shouldn't be allowed into this country. JMO