LA - Nancy Gonzalez Rodriguez, 33, murdered, Terrytown, 24 April 2017 *Arrest*

"Second District deputies arrived...and gained entry into the apartment and found a Hispanic female lying of the floor, in a pool of blood, in the living area of the apartment, unresponsive," said Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office spokesman Glen Boyd. "She was pronounced dead on the scene."

Authorities say the victim's 4-year-old son was not harmed.
The coroner's office will determine the case of death. The sheriff's office is treating the case as a homicide.

http://www.wwl.com/articles/crying-child-leads-gruesome-discovery-terrytown

The sound of a crying child led a neighbor to call Jefferson Parish deputies to investigate an apartment next door to hers Monday just before noon.

When deputies arrived, they said they found a woman lying on the floor of the apartment in a pool of blood.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/jef...woman-killed-in-terrytown-apartment/433731626

Police said the incident occurred in the 2100 block of Empire Place in Terrytown.

A little more than two weeks ago, Yahaira Gonzalez invited a group of people over to her apartment in Terrytown to celebrate her son's fourth birthday.

On Monday afternoon, authorities took Gonzalez's body out of that same apartment, shortly after they had discovered her lying in a pool of blood and the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office had announced it was searching for her killer.

Investigators didn't immediately identify or say much about the woman they found in an apartment in the 2100 block of Empire Place. But some who knew her described Gonzalez as a native of the Dominican Republic who had moved to the New Orleans area in search of work after separating from her husband.

"They need to find who did this," said a man who declined to give his name but who described attending the birthday party for Gonzalez's son, who was left alone with his mom's body after she was killed. "This was unforgivable."

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...cle_1732796c-291e-11e7-acae-bf26d869a2b3.html

According to the property manager, who called the victim "Nancy," Gonzalez had made it a habit to have a cup of coffee with a neighbor each morning since she had moved into the apartment complex about two months ago. But after being visited by an unidentified man on Saturday, Gonzalez did not show up on Sunday or Monday, the neighbor told the property manager.

The manager — who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation — said she eventually asked the neighbor to check on Gonzalez. The neighbor knocked on the door, and Gonzalez's 4-year-old son, while crying, opened the blinds of a window.

Others who arrived at the scene said Gonzalez had told them she came to Terrytown after leaving her husband in Mississippi.

Reached by phone Monday, a man who identified himself as Gonzalez's husband and said his name was Jhoel Ferrera said he was driving to the area from Mississippi.

He said he wasn't in the right mindset to give an interview after learning about Gonzalez's death and was focused on reuniting with his son.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...cle_1732796c-291e-11e7-acae-bf26d869a2b3.html

From your link:

The coroner, Dr. Gerry Cvitanovich, did not release her cause of death.

Sophia Sanchez, the property manager at the site, said she was looking for Gonzalez to find out when she planned to pay her rent. She said she asked a neighbor to knock on Gonzalez's door. A young boy, identified by the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office as her 4-year-old son, was inside the apartment. He pulled back the blinds and the neighbor saw Gonzalez's*body in a pool of blood, Sanchez said.

From your link:

The coroner, Dr. Gerry Cvitanovich, did not release her cause of death.

Sophia Sanchez, the property manager at the site, said she was looking for Gonzalez to find out when she planned to pay her rent. She said she asked a neighbor to knock on Gonzalez's door. A young boy, identified by the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office as her 4-year-old son, was inside the apartment. He pulled back the blinds and the neighbor saw Gonzalez's*body in a pool of blood, Sanchez said.

Thanks, I'm kind of new to this & not sure what kind of stuff should be quoted. So very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nancy was only 33 years old. I couldn't fit her age into the thread title with all the other information. She was a young mom trying to find a job and make a good life for her son, from everything I've read. This is terribly sad.

This is so sad. And that 4 year old boy was locked in the apartment with his mom's bleeding body?? Horrific. What a disturbing tragedy.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Poor little man. Bless his little heart. Hopefully dad is alibied and in the clear.

I wonder what information, if any, the boy can give about the killer. Did he witness his mother's murder, or was he asleep at the time? Is this (the latter scenario) why the boy was spared/not taken?

If the door was locked, who locked it? Wouldn't that person need a key to lock the door from the outside?

might be nothing but this is sticking in my mind... why did the apt MANAGER ask a neighbor to check on Nancy? I understand if it was a small complex and people were all friendly like that but just seems like the manager would have the ability to check. Weird.

might be nothing but this is sticking in my mind... why did the apt MANAGER ask a neighbor to check on Nancy? I understand if it was a small complex and people were all friendly like that but just seems like the manager would have the ability to check. Weird.
Could be because she was busy and knew the neighbor was friendly with Nancy. Possibly, too, she didn't want Nancy to feel intimidated by her coming to her door, knowing rent was overdue, assuming Nancy was okay. But, your question is a good one to keep in mind. She would have a key to all of the apartments, I should think. Or, would that only be maintenance staff?

Could be because she was busy and knew the neighbor was friendly with Nancy. Possibly, too, she didn't want Nancy to feel intimidated by her coming to her door, knowing rent was overdue, assuming Nancy was okay. But, your question is a good one to keep in mind. She would have a key to all of the apartments, I should think. Or, would that only be maintenance staff?
Wait a minute. Why was the manager wanting to know when Nancy was going to pay her rent? Had she not paid April's rent? Rent is typically due on the first of the month. Mon (Apr 24) was a week before May's rent would be due.

Sophia Sanchez, the property manager at the site, said she was looking for Gonzalez to find out when she planned to pay her rent.
<snip> http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/04/coroner_ids_mother_found_dead.html

Wait a minute. Why was the manager wanting to know when Nancy was going to pay her rent? Had she not paid April's rent? Rent is typically due on the first of the month. Mon (Apr 24) was a week before May's rent would be due.

<snip> http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/04/coroner_ids_mother_found_dead.html

and even more reason for the manager to find Nancy herself if she was late on her rent, or why looking for it so early? And again, especially in that case, why send a neighbor. Good catch on the rent timing angle!!

maybe it was weekly or she had an arrangement w her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back